• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My views on homosexuality

Otherright

Otherright
Two questions:

1. Can a man have sex with another man and make a baby?
2. Can a woman have sex with another woman and make a baby?

When both these questions can be answered with the response, “Yes” -- then we can talk about homosexuality being “natural”.

A man’s body is made to connect to a female’s body and the reverse. It’s like a prong and an outlet. They obviously go together.

Funny you should mention that. Do you know what parthenogenesis is? Because females can produce their own sperm. It always ends up being female because of the lack of male DNA, but it happens. Just not in humans. Well... outside of labs anyway. The next step is obvious. Inseminate a female with another female's sperm. That will be a political issue in the 2064 election.

thebigpicture

Funny you should mention that. Do you know what parthenogenesis is? Because females can produce their own sperm. It always ends up being female because of the lack of male DNA, but it happens. Just not in humans. Well... outside of labs anyway. The next step is obvious. Inseminate a female with another female's sperm. That will be a political issue in the 2064 election.

I'm not saying that you're saying we are but...We are not animals. What goes for animals does not go for us. We are human beings. Therefore, again:

When both these questions can be answered with the response, “Yes” -- then we can talk about homosexuality being “natural”. Until then...

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm not saying that you're saying we are but...We are not animals. What goes for animals does not go for us. We are human beings. Therefore, again:

When both these questions can be answered with the response, “Yes” -- then we can talk about homosexuality being “natural”. Until then...
So, you don't kiss. Right?

Otherright

Otherright

No, they can't. Does that make it wrong? Is your assumption that sex only functions as a means to reproduce a race?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'm not saying that you're saying we are but...We are not animals.

So then are we either vegetable or mineral?

What goes for animals does not go for us. We are human beings. Therefore, again:

No, but how is it relevant?

Perhaps if you could explain why breeding is a prerequisite for being natural?

Otherright

Otherright
Yes, it's wrong. And no, I don't feel that sex only functions as a means to reproduce. But, it certainly takes both a man and a woman to do so.

Then what makes it wrong, in your opinion? If you feel that the function of sex isn't only reproduction, what makes homosexuality wrong, in your eyes?

Otherright

Otherright
Okay and...

I made a point about what you'd written. You wrote that homosexuality was natural because it happens in the animal kingdom. So I responded...

But you didn't respond to mine.

If you feel that the function of sex isn't only reproduction, what makes homosexuality wrong, in your eyes?

I'm interested in knowing this.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yes, it's wrong. And no, I don't feel that sex only functions as a means to reproduce. But, it certainly takes both a man and a woman to do so.

Glasses, clothes and technology are also unnatural. Are they wrong? What about sex using contraceptives? Is that wrong? What if people don't want babies, anyway? Humans aren't an insect colony after all and the world is already overpopulated as it is anyway. What makes homosexuality "wrong"? What harm is done by what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedrooms? Absolutely none. I suspect your objection stems from the ancient superstitions of primitive goat herders.

Last edited:

thebigpicture

Then what makes it wrong, in your opinion? If you feel that the function of sex isn't only reproduction, what makes homosexuality wrong, in your eyes?

The same thing that makes incest wrong. The same thing that makes bestiality wrong.

They often shift the goalposts. Besides, like homosexuality is compairable to devouring another human being for substainence right? :facepalm:

There is no shifting goalposts here. I made a point. Did not waiver. So that little accusation...not cutting it.

Homosexuality is compariable to cannibalism? :facepalm:

It's comparable in the fact that they are both wrong.