• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My views on homosexuality

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
It’s not natural because it’s not what was intended. Men were not intended to sleep with men, nor women with women, which is why it is impossible for two men or two women to make a baby.
Intended by whom?

Just because something is not natural doesn’t make it wrong.
No, it doesn't. Which makes it rather stupid to barge in saying "It's unnatural," doesn't it?

What makes homosexuality wrong is that homosexuality can upset the entire balance of nature. It's the fact that something so unnatural can upset the balance of nature.
:biglaugh:

And how in the world can we do that?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It’s not natural because it’s not what was intended. Men were not intended to sleep with men, nor women with women, which is why it is impossible for two men or two women to make a baby.
"Intended" by who/what?

Just because something is not natural doesn’t make it wrong. For example, it’s not natural for human beings to fly. That doesn’t make paragliding wrong. What makes homosexuality wrong is that homosexuality can upset the entire balance of nature. It's the fact that something so unnatural can upset the balance of nature. It's the same with bestiality.
Yet you have as yet to explain how homosexuality is wrong.
I mean, you have dodged around it.
You have strawmaned it to death.
However, you have as yet to explain how homosexuality is wrong.

I won't even mention how you have yet to support your claim.

No, they are both wrong. Yes, it is natural for a man to have sex with a woman. But it is not natural for him to have sex with his own daughter. It’s like plugging a prong into the wrong socket. The voltage is not right, so to speak. We all know what can happen when the voltage is incorrect.
Wow.
You just can't help yourself, can you?

I take it that you are not ever going to explain how these things you claim are wrong are wrong?
I mean, you are being uber inconsistent and seem completely oblivious to the fact.

Yes, it is morally wrong.
The subjectivity of morality is such to make it a moot point.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What makes homosexuality wrong is that homosexuality can upset the entire balance of nature. It's the fact that something so unnatural can upset the balance of nature.
Yeah, okay, how exactly? Explain, son.
If anything, it's breeding like fruit flies and overpopulating the planet that upsets the balance of nature.

thebigpicture

Cannibalism is wrong when it involves stealing a corpse or killing an innocent person to eat them, incest is wrong when it involves manipulating, exploiting and victimizing an innocent person (usually a child), and bestiality is wrong when it exploits and abuses an animal (which can't give consent).

So wait, are you saying that it's perfectly okay for a father/daughter; mother/son; sister/brother to have sex if they are consenting adults?

They all produce victims, whereas homosexuality does not. So tell me again how homosexuality is even remotely comparable?

They're comparable in the fact that they are all wrong. They don't have to be mirror images in order for them all to be wrong.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So wait, are you saying that it's perfectly okay for a father/daughter; mother/son; sister/brother to have sex if they are consenting adults?
What is wrong with it?

They're comparable in the fact that they are all wrong. They don't have to be mirror images in order for them all to be wrong.
You keep making this claim but offer nothing to support it.
You do know that merely jumping up and down screaming "It's Wrong!" does not make it wrong, right?

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I'm not saying that you're saying we are but...We are not animals. What goes for animals does not go for us. We are human beings. Therefore, again:

1. Can a man have sex with another man and make a baby?
2. Can a woman have sex with another woman and make a baby?

When both these questions can be answered with the response, “Yes” -- then we can talk about homosexuality being “natural”. Until then...

Can a sterile man and an infertile woman make a baby?

Honestly, if you believe the only thing which makes a romantic/sexual relationship valid is its ability to produce children you are one sad, callous human being. Relationships are about love, commitment and intimacy. Those are the qualities we admire. I am a staunch social progressive, but I believe that monogamy and sex in committed relationships is superior to sex with strangers or acquaintances.

[youtube]3HfCIZJCrUQ[/youtube]
YouTube - ‪Agnes & Elin Forever‬‏

Otherright

Otherright
Got other stuff going on; I'm multi-tasking while I'm on the forum. Bear with me if I'm slow to respond.

Oh, so basically, you aren't taking your stance seriously. You're off doing other things instead of committing to your statement. So, when you do finally answer, we can assume that it is a ************ answer on your way to doing something else.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

While I would personally find it a little disturbing and imagine that it's not very psychologically healthy, as long as they don't produce deformed, inbred offspring (but apparently you're big on the breeding) I don't see why it should be prohibited by law.

We're still waiting for a concrete, detailed explanation to substantiate your claim.

thebigpicture

Here is an old favorite of mine:

It's unfortunate that you went to all that trouble to make a point to me because the fact of the matter is -- I don't believe in the bible as being truth. It's fairy tales.

You might do better using that on someone who's into religion. On me...? Not so much.

Otherright

Otherright
Guys, you aren't going to get a serious answer from this guy on why he thinks it is morally wrong, because he doesn't know why he thinks its morally wrong. Like he said he's busy multi-tasking. If he knew off-hand why he thought it was morally wrong, the reply would be instinctive. He could pop it out like that (snap of fingers).