• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My views on homosexuality

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
queer.png

thebigpicture

Can a sterile man and an infertile woman make a baby?

Honestly, if you believe the only thing which makes a romantic/sexual relationship valid is its ability to produce children you are one sad, callous human being. Relationships are about love, commitment and intimacy. Those are the qualities we admire. I am a staunch social progressive, but I believe that monogamy and sex in committed relationships is superior to sex with strangers or acquaintances.

[youtube]3HfCIZJCrUQ[/youtube]
YouTube - ‪Agnes & Elin Forever‬‏

What on earth on you talking about?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Dude, didn't you say this exact thing to me during another debate?

Alrighty, um, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cut you off until you make some sense. I mean, I have to be honest. You have some really immature traits that I'm not willing to entertain. It's obvious that you're writing things just purely for the sake of disagreeing. Let me know when you are ready to make valid points instead of just spewing out rubbish. Until then, I can't waste anymore time on you when I can be answering valid points from other posters.
So...homosexuality is wrong because it "goes against nature," yet we observe it in nature...:sad:we're not animals and yet we're supposed to follw the "rules of nature"...:sad:You don't believe the Bible and yet homosexuality is "wrong"...:149: :clap congrats, I think You've completelely confused the argument.

thebigpicture

To all of you, caaaaaaalm dowwwwn. Breathe in...breathe out. I told you, I am multi-tasking. This is not the only thing I am doing right now, so I can't answer right away, and I most certainly can't read every post all at the same time. Sooooo again...bear with me.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
To all of you, caaaaaaalm dowwwwn. Breathe in...breathe out. I told you, I am multi-tasking. This is not the only thing I am doing right now, so I can't answer right away, and I most certainly can't read every post all at the same time. Sooooo again...bear with me.
Well, you've managed to make quite a few posts without actually saying anything.

Why don't you stop making excuses and present an argument?

Otherright

Otherright
Forget this guy. He doesn't have a genuine opinion on it because he doesn't know why it is morally wrong.

He's baiting you to argue fallacies without stating the reason of his stance.

I've got better things to do. Like take this phone call. My wife's best friend, one of the gay guys I was mentioning earlier wants me to go to gay bar with him to hustle drinks. I don't see why he can't hustle his own drinks.

Do I go with him and lie to get drinks, or do I decline and stay here, bored.
Now that is a moral dilemma to discuss.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Forget this guy. He doesn't have a genuine opinion on it because he doesn't know why it is morally wrong.

He's baiting you to argue fallacies without stating the reason of his stance.

I've got better things to do. Like take this phone call. My wife's best friend, one of the gay guys I was mentioning earlier wants me to go to gay bar with him to hustle drinks. I don't see why he can't hustle his own drinks.

Do I go with him and lie to get drinks, or do I decline and stay here, bored.
Now that is a moral dilemma to discuss.
I'm enjoying myself, actually. :D

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
concepts according to "the big picture"?....
1.Bible-Not true yet usable as moral compass
2.Nature-Usable as an example only when in agreement with ones theory
3.Man-Not an animal yet must follow animals 'rules'
4.Homosexuality-Wrong because the Bible (which is not true) has set out morals directed towards Man (not part of nature) and they apply because the laws of nature confirm it...:facepalm:...just...o.k...

bain-druie

Tree-Hugger!
Yes in my case it is a choice.

I'm bisexual, so I choose to have a bf. Same way I could choose to have a gf.

So yeah in a way acting on your heterosexual and homosexual feelings are a choice for bisexuals. And I'm so glad I chose a guy too!

:D

Would be interesting to know what religions say about this.

Bisexuality is no different from hetero- or homosexuality; you still do not choose to whom you're attracted, because it is still a matter of hormonal interaction within the endocrine system. No one has control over that. The only difference is the potential for attraction is universal instead of gender-predictable.

Just sayin'. And I haven't read the *whole* thread yet, so if I'm echoing someone else I apologize.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
concepts according to "the big picture"?....
1.Bible-Not true yet usable as moral compass
2.Nature-Usable as an example only when in agreement with ones theory
3.Man-Not an animal yet must follow animals 'rules'
4.Homosexuality-Wrong because the Bible (which is not true) has set out morals directed towards Man (not part of nature) and they apply because the laws of nature confirm it...:facepalm:...just...o.k...
Um...
He has not once said anything about the Bible other than:
"The bible is a book of fairy tales."post #250
Thus you are making assumptions with the latter part of number one and the first part of number four.

thebigpicture

Sorry guys for the time it’s taking to respond, but as I stated before... Anyway,

Homosexuality is wrong because as I stated before it is not the way the Creator intended us to be and it is an unnatural thing that can upset the balance of nature. If you do not believe there is a Creator, we are already on a different page so nothing I say is going to make sense to you. In any case... (and I’m going to repeat some things for those just joining in)

The Creator did not intend for a man to have sex with a man nor a woman to have sex with a woman, which is the reason homosexual couples cannot produce babies together. That is a fact. There is no getting around that. The fact that some heterosexual couples can’t have babies is the result of something medical not because it is impossible for heterosexual couples to have babies. That is a fact.

We are not animals. So to try to use animals as a reason for homosexuals to be homosexual isn’t valid. There are some things that animals do that was intended for them to do. It’s how they were created to be. Just because they were created to be that way does not mean we were created to be that way as well. Some animals are two genders in one. Is it a natural thing for a human being to be two genders in one? No. If it were, hermaphroditism would be the norm; not the abnormality.

The behavior of homosexuality is the thing that is immoral; just as some heterosexual behaviors are immoral. It’s the behavior itself. A person can be homosexual and never act upon it.

As for the bible...if there were never a such thing as the bible, I would still know that homosexuality is an unnatural thing. It’s clear to see. And I’m not one of those “You’re gay, so you’re going to hell!” type of people. No one, but the Creator Himself can judge what happens to a person when the time comes.

thebigpicture

So...homosexuality is wrong because it "goes against nature," yet we observe it in nature...:sad:we're not animals and yet we're supposed to follw the "rules of nature"...:sad:You don't believe the Bible and yet homosexuality is "wrong"...:149: :clap congrats, I think You've completelely confused the argument.

No, you've confused yourself. You're pulling things out of thin air. Your paraphrasing doesn't make sense, nor does it correctly reflect what I stated. Go back and really read my posts and then maybe you'll understand how you're the cause of your own confusion.