• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My views on homosexuality

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
It's unfortunate that you went to all that trouble to make a point to me because the fact of the matter is -- I don't believe in the bible as being truth. It's fairy tales.

You might do better using that on someone who's into religion. On me...? Not so much.
Then why don't you answer the question presented to you twice: who or what did not intend people to be gay?

(That's three.)

thebigpicture

Yet another bold claim with absolutely nothing to support it.
You are really good at that.

problem is that it just does not fly on this forum and you start losing credibility.

Had to laugh at this remark. And I mean laugh. Hey! Dude. If it works for you to see it that way then run with it I say. Run!

Oh, by the way, I'm sorry but I have no idea what you mean by strawman. Explain?

Otherright

Otherright
Everyone feel free to jump in on this.

If you were a person that said the bible was fairy tales but yet said that homosexuality was morally wrong. Where do you think that person got the idea of it being morally wrong, and how do you think that person would justify that idea.

I would ask someone that actually had that view, but they won't reply to why they think it is morally wrong. They keep skirting that question. So, I leave it to you guys to draw a conclusion.

How would you justify it?

Any thoughts Storm, Father Heathen, Mestemia, anybody, any thoughts?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

If you were a person that said the bible was fairy tales but yet said that homosexuality was morally wrong. Where do you think that person got the idea of it being morally wrong, and how do you think that person would justify that idea.

I would ask someone that actually had that view, but they won't reply to why they think it is morally wrong. They keep skirting that question. So, I leave it to you guys to draw a conclusion.

Probably because he finds it "icky" and feels like that makes it alright to force his preferences on others.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Could be what is called the "gross factor".
He finds it gross therefore it is automatically immoral.

Some people merely grasp at whatever straws they can to support their bigotry.

Some people are just dishonest with themselves.

Which one(s) (if any I have listed) apply, I have no idea.

thebigpicture

So now we have to figure out if you are really that ignorant about logic or if you are just that dishonest....

Dude, didn't you say this exact thing to me during another debate?

Alrighty, um, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cut you off until you make some sense. I mean, I have to be honest. You have some really immature traits that I'm not willing to entertain. It's obvious that you're writing things just purely for the sake of disagreeing. Let me know when you are ready to make valid points instead of just spewing out rubbish. Until then, I can't waste anymore time on you when I can be answering valid points from other posters.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

Alrighty, um, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cut you off until you make some sense. I mean, I have to be honest. You have some really immature traits that I'm not willing to entertain. It's obvious that you're writing things just purely for the sake of disagreeing. Let me know when you are ready to make valid points instead of just spewing out rubbish. Until then, I can't waste anymore time on you when I can be answering valid points from other posters.
irony-meter.gif

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Did I?
Well, if I did, you can at least say you are consistent, eh?

So running tail tucked is an admirable trait for you?

Otherright

Otherright

I'm sure he will if you can tell him or any of us what makes it morally wrong? Morality meaning a sense of behavioral conduct that differentiates intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are good (or right) and bad (or wrong).

So when we say moral, we mean that sense of conduct. When we say wrong we mean you don't approve.

So when we say morally wrong, we want to know why you don't approve based on that sense.