• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My views on homosexuality

Otherright

Otherright
Sorry guys for the time it’s taking to respond, but as I stated before... Anyway,

Homosexuality is wrong because as I stated before it is not the way the Creator intended us to be and it is an unnatural thing that can upset the balance of nature. If you do not believe there is a Creator, we are already on a different page so nothing I say is going to make sense to you. In any case... (and I’m going to repeat some things for those just joining in)

The Creator did not intend for a man to have sex with a man nor a woman to have sex with a woman, which is the reason homosexual couples cannot produce babies together. That is a fact. There is no getting around that. The fact that some heterosexual couples can’t have babies is the result of something medical not because it is impossible for heterosexual couples to have babies. That is a fact.

We are not animals. So to try to use animals as a reason for homosexuals to be homosexual isn’t valid. There are some things that animals do that was intended for them to do. It’s how they were created to be. Just because they were created to be that way does not mean we were created to be that way as well. Some animals are two genders in one. Is it a natural thing for a human being to be two genders in one? No. If it were, hermaphroditism would be the norm; not the abnormality.

The behavior of homosexuality is the thing that is immoral; just as some heterosexual behaviors are immoral. It’s the behavior itself. A person can be homosexual and never act upon it.

As for the bible...if there were never a such thing as the bible, I would still know that homosexuality is an unnatural thing. It’s clear to see. And I’m not one of those “You’re gay, so you’re going to hell!” type of people. No one, but the Creator Himself can judge what happens to a person when the time comes.

What creator?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Sorry guys for the time it’s taking to respond, but as I stated before... Anyway,

Homosexuality is wrong because as I stated before it is not the way the Creator intended us to be and it is an unnatural thing that can upset the balance of nature. If you do not believe there is a Creator, we are already on a different page so nothing I say is going to make sense to you. In any case... (and I’m going to repeat some things for those just joining in)

The Creator did not intend for a man to have sex with a man nor a woman to have sex with a woman, which is the reason homosexual couples cannot produce babies together. That is a fact. There is no getting around that. The fact that some heterosexual couples can’t have babies is the result of something medical not because it is impossible for heterosexual couples to have babies. That is a fact.

We are not animals. So to try to use animals as a reason for homosexuals to be homosexual isn’t valid. There are some things that animals do that was intended for them to do. It’s how they were created to be. Just because they were created to be that way does not mean we were created to be that way as well. Some animals are two genders in one. Is it a natural thing for a human being to be two genders in one? No. If it were, hermaphroditism would be the norm; not the abnormality.

The behavior of homosexuality is the thing that is immoral; just as some heterosexual behaviors are immoral. It’s the behavior itself. A person can be homosexual and never act upon it.

As for the bible...if there were never a such thing as the bible, I would still know that homosexuality is an unnatural thing. It’s clear to see. And I’m not one of those “You’re gay, so you’re going to hell!” type of people. No one, but the Creator Himself can judge what happens to a person when the time comes.

Ah! And we should trust your baseless presumptions regarding the creator.....why? A bit arrogant to use god as your own sock puppet, don't you think?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Um...
He has not once said anything about the Bible other than:
"The bible is a book of fairy tales."post #250
Thus you are making assumptions with the latter part of number one and the first part of number four.
Well if You want to clarify his reasoning go ahead:D There are too many vagueries in His statements anyways, such as attributing rules to what He's calling a "creator"... the thread is more non-sensical than anything else.

thebigpicture

Bisexuality is no different from hetero- or homosexuality; you still do not choose to whom you're attracted, because it is still a matter of hormonal interaction within the endocrine system. No one has control over that. The only difference is the potential for attraction is universal instead of gender-predictable.

Just sayin'. And I haven't read the *whole* thread yet, so if I'm echoing someone else I apologize.

I don't believe that all homosexuals are gay by choice because I've seen so many gay people explain how they knew they were gay at a very young age. That they even exhibited traits of homosexuality at a young age.

thebigpicture

Ah! And we should trust your baseless presumptions regarding the creator.....why?

You don't have to trust me about anything. I'm not here to make you trust me. Believe what you want. If you want to believe it's baseless, by all means, believe it.

A bit arrogant to use god as your own sock puppet, don't you think?

What? You're not making any sense. How on earth is it arrogant for me to refer to the Creator?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well if You want to clarify his reasoning go ahead:D
There is no way I can clarify it.
He has been far to vague and avoided far to many questions.

I would like for him to clarify, but I will not be holding my breath.

There are too many vagueries in His statements anyways, such as attributing rules to what He's calling a "creator"... the thread is more non-sensical than anything else.
I agree.
However, I do not believe that making assumptions will help clarify anything.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
There is no way I can clarify it.
He has been far to vague and avoided far to many questions.

I would like for him to clarify, but I will not be holding my breath.

I agree.
However, I do not believe that making assumptions will help clarify anything.
True, but after 900 posts of "where does the morality come from?" and finally He answers "the Creator"... I mean seriously way too vague for a reasonable discussion.

thebigpicture

It's arrogant to presume to know the heart and mind of the creator.

I'm not presuming to know the heart and mind of the Creator. If I did, I would be one of those types that says, "You're gay, so you're going to hell!" I said I feel the complete opposite; that only the Creator can decide, so how is that arrogant?

With that stated, it's not arrogant to form views about the Creator based on what you can clearly see.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I'm not presuming to know the heart and mind of the Creator. If I did, I would be one of those types that says, "You're gay, so you're going to hell!" I said I feel the complete opposite; that only the Creator can decide, so how is that arrogant?

With that stated, it's not arrogant to form views about the Creator based on what you can clearly see.
Isn't homosexuality everywhere? Why do You presume that because it's not for procreation that it's "wrong"?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Well I can see that the creator appears to be silent on the issue. Homosexuality is benign, and I see no rational reason why anyone, including the creator, should care.

Last edited:

Otherright

Otherright
Isn't homosexuality everywhere? Why do You presume that because it's not for procreation that it's "wrong"?

You might as well change the subject he doesn't know why he thinks it wrong other than a creator. A creator something. I don't know. He hasn't got that far yet.

thebigpicture

True, but after 900 posts of "where does the morality come from?" and finally He answers "the Creator"... I mean seriously way too vague for a reasonable discussion.

Are you actually reading any of my posts? It doesn't seem like you are.

I'm in a hurry so let me sum it up for you... there are things in life that are immoral because of the effects they have upon other people and or things.

Now go back and read my earlier posts to see what I stated is the effect of homosexuality.

thebigpicture

I'm sorry guys, but I really have to go. Tried to multi-task as long as I could. I hate having to stop, cause I'm actually really enjoying this conversation. I will try to get back on later. Though I doubt I will be able to. Feel free to continue to respond and I will respond when I get the chance to.