• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My views on homosexuality

waitasec

Veteran Member
The answer to your question above may be found in your answer to my question, which you have not answered yet. Why don't you answer the question about the incestuous relationship? What would you do if you encountered it?

well its a deviant behavior...but why talk about the obvious...are you going to compare homosexuality to pedophiles...
homosexuality isn't a deviant behavior...
it's comparing apples to oranges...
so why are you doing that?

edit:
on second thought, if i don't get a straight answer from you, you've proven yourself to be a waste of time.

Last edited:

thebigpicture

well its a deviant behavior...but why talk about the obvious...are you going to compare homosexuality to pedophiles...
homosexuality isn't a deviant behavior...
it's comparing apples to oranges...
so why are you doing that?

Homosexuality deviates from normal behavior and is thereby a deviant behavior. It is not normal for a man to have sex with another man, nor a woman to have sex with another woman. It is not normal to be gay.

edit:
on second thought, if i don't get a straight answer from you, you've proven yourself to be a waste of time.

I've been giving straight answers all this time so don't try to use an excuse to continue to evade answering my question. I'm going to ask you right out -- do you think incest is wrong? Do you think it's immoral?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Homosexuality deviates from normal behavior and is thereby a deviant behavior. It is not normal for a man to have sex with another man, nor a woman to have sex with another woman. It is not normal to be gay.
It's not normal to be left-handed, either.

thebigpicture

So it is your thought that it is fine to justify your bigotry towards homosexuality because you harbor the same bigotry towards incest?

Your ego aside, how does the idea that incest causes the offspring of said unions to be unhealthy, which is something, as you keep repeating ad nauseum, that same sex couples do not have to worry about?

In fact, other than the "ick" factor, what reason do you have against homosexuality that does not also apply to heterosexuality?

And no, merely jumping up and down screaming "It Is Immoral" is not a "reason".

Mestemia, this is the reason I now just skim through or skip over most of your posts altogether and don't respond to them. It's because you keep making the same lame accusations and it's obvious that you are harboring bitterness towards me. Just the fact that you only addressed me about the "unhealthy offspring" of gay people is an example of that. If you go back and read how that subject came about, I wasn't even the one that brought up offspring. It was Darkness. Furthermore, I didn't even comment on it that much when Darkness brought it up. I just asked why he thought it was that way. But did you ever even discuss that with Darkness? Most likely not. You only addressed it with me. But you can't even see past your bitterness to realize that that's what you do.

Besides that point, the question you asked above about offspring doesn't even make sense, so I really don't even know how to answer it.

As for the rest, I've already responded to why I think homosexuality is immoral. You just seem to put on blinders for my posts so that you can't see the points I make and the answers I give.

By the way, am I to understand that you don't think incest is immoral or wrong?

thebigpicture

The behavior of homosexuality is immoral. I can understand you don't agree with that because you are gay. Though I've heard gay people say that they, themselves, felt that it was immoral, but couldn't help being that way. And just for the record, I don't believe that you as a person are altogether immoral. It's your sexual behavior that is immoral.

thebigpicture

We can go back and forth, back and forth and still reach the same conclusion. You'll still feel the way you do, and I'll still feel the way I do, won't we?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
We can go back and forth, back and forth and still reach the same conclusion. You'll still feel the way you do, and I'll still feel the way I do, won't we?
Yep. You know why? Because you've yet to present your argument. One suspects you have no reasoning beyond blind prejudice. Meanwhile, I have science, ethics, and experience.

I win.

thebigpicture

I've already presented my points time and time again. You just don't want to see them because it goes against your lifestyle. There is nothing, absolutely nothing natural about homosexuality. Otherwise, the Creator would've created only men or only women or we would've been able to reproduce within only ourselves. A man's body is meant for a woman's and the reverse. You can come up with all the "reasons" in the world to try to justify or make homosexuality right; it will be to no avail. Homosexual behavior will still be wrong and immoral. Period.

By the way, I didn't realize we were playing a game or were in some sort of competition for there to be a "winner".

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I've already presented my points time and time again.
No, you presented unsupported assertions. Not the same thing.

Of course, considering that your assertions CAN'T be supported, that's hardly a surprise. Bigots always have that problem.

thebigpicture

So let me get this straight, if you disagree with a person's sexual lifestyle (i.e. the incestuous situation I gave) then that makes you a bigot as well, doesn't it? That word, "bigot" doesn't sway me away from what I know is right. Homosexuals have a very bad habit of throwing that word around simply because someone does not want to conform to their notion that homosexuality is natural or that it's not wrong. Homosexuality is wrong. I'm not out there saying that people should physically hurt gay people are mock them for being gay. I'm not one of those that believe that if you're gay it makes you an altogether deplorable person who should and will go to hell. As a matter of fact, someone (not anyone personally connected to me) recently used the "F" gay slur around me and it made me feel uncomfortable because I didn't feel it was right. Yet, you say I'm a bigot. I disagree with your lifestyle. And just like there are some heterosexual behaviors I don't and won't condone, I will not condone your behavior. Therefore, if you call me a bigot simply because I don't agree with your lifestyle, then that says something negative about you; not me.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
So let me get this straight, if you disagree with a person's sexual lifestyle (i.e. the incestuous situation I gave) then that makes you a bigot as well, doesn't it?
No, disagreeing with someone's choices does not make you a bigot. Going on message boards jumping up and down screaming "it's wrong!" while being totally unable to support one damn thing you say makes you a bigot.

BTW, it's not a choice.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Originally Posted by Darkness

Ahhh, but that is my point, Darkness. I think they know that if they can say that about homosexuality being "natural", then they'll be forced to say that the same could be said about certain instances of incest. And the thought of incest being right on any level is disgusting to them (just as both incest and homosexuality is to me). So, instead, they'll just avoid the question altogether.

I understand both your stance and Father Heathen's stance on incest. I think you understand mine. The rest are afraid to answer the question. And that's clear as day to see.

The "ick-factor" is not a good method for crafting social policy. I am utterly disgusted by obese or old people having sex. Yet, I do not deny them this right.

I've already presented my points time and time again. You just don't want to see them because it goes against your lifestyle. There is nothing, absolutely nothing natural about homosexuality. Otherwise, the Creator would've created only men or only women or we would've been able to reproduce within only ourselves. A man's body is meant for a woman's and the reverse. You can come up with all the "reasons" in the world to try to justify or make homosexuality right; it will be to no avail. Homosexual behavior will still be wrong and immoral. Period.

What is deemed "natural" is very much subjective and arbitrary. First, you assume that the goal of sexuality is the production of children. I would say that is one part of it, but pleasure is an equally (if not larger) function. The pleasure we gain from sex (not just the act itself, but the sexual emotions we feel towards whichever sex we are attracted to) creates a complicated and powerful social fabric that transcends mere reproduction. Sexuality creates strong social bonds through institutions such as committed relationships and marriage. Second, you assume that the Creator would not have been wise enough to envision a world in which overpopulation is a problem. I am an atheist, but if I believed in God, I'd probably say that the homosexuality is a backup plan in case the world becomes overpopulated. Lastly, harkening back to my first point, I'd argue that homosexuality is perfectly natural because our same-sex parts are perfectly compatible. My hand fits nicely around a guy's penis and a girl's fingers are perfect for stimulating another girl's g-spot. A girl's tongue works nicely on another girl's clitoris and anal penetration provides nice stimulation for a man.

waitasec

Veteran Member
it would be a deviant behavior for you...
so don't do it....and who are you to jude how others express their love... especially when it comes to mutual consent

I've been giving straight answers all this time so don't try to use an excuse to continue to evade answering my question. I'm going to ask you right out -- do you think incest is wrong? Do you think it's immoral?
yes it is wrong according to the morals our society holds value to...
why would you think otherwise...because i think homosexuality is just as viable as heterosexuality?

can you explain to me the difference between incest and heterosexual relationships?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Mestemia, this is the reason I now just skim through or skip over most of your posts altogether and don't respond to them. It's because you keep making the same lame accusations and it's obvious that you are harboring bitterness towards me. Just the fact that you only addressed me about the "unhealthy offspring" of gay people is an example of that. If you go back and read how that subject came about, I wasn't even the one that brought up offspring. It was Darkness. Furthermore, I didn't even comment on it that much when Darkness brought it up. I just asked why he thought it was that way. But did you ever even discuss that with Darkness? Most likely not. You only addressed it with me. But you can't even see past your bitterness to realize that that's what you do.

Besides that point, the question you asked above about offspring doesn't even make sense, so I really don't even know how to answer it.

As for the rest, I've already responded to why I think homosexuality is immoral. You just seem to put on blinders for my posts so that you can't see the points I make and the answers I give.

By the way, am I to understand that you don't think incest is immoral or wrong?
Again you whine and complain yet you completely skip over the points.

Guess I got the answer to at least one of my questions...
You are dishonest.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
One thing i do know, is that being an intellectually dishonest, willfully ignorant bigot, is definitely wrong. If there is a god, I've no doubt he/she/it would agree.

The Wizard

I offered a reference for the op that could offer more insight, then you quoted my post and smacked yourself in the face (twice now). I have to admit that's funny but still have no idea what you're attempting to say.. imo. PS.. just being humorous with the phantom bit.