• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Near Death experiences to atheist

apophenia

Oh I see, because your experiences are more valuable or whatever than mine? And opiates? The only mystical experience I was intoxicated for was with alcohol and it is not the one in question. Also, I'm not sure how trying to provide science and alternate explanations of experiences is manipulation. You just keep hypocritically failing again and again and again.

This post indicates, again, that you are responding to your own phantoms, not to me.
I have been primarily discussing a friend's experience, and presenting the evidence she gave me.

It was not mystical. She was not on drugs.

You seem to be in a world of your own in this thread.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

Premium Member
This post indicates, again, that you are responding to your own phantoms, not to me.
I have been primarily discussing a friend's experience, and presenting the evidence she gave me.

It was not mystical. She was not on drugs.

I suppose it's unsurprising you can't comprehend how the topics are related. Though it's interesting to know I just rather successfully did this with a friend of mine who's room I've never seen. Not as accurately, but I haven't had time to manipulate the memory.

You seem to be in a world of your own in this thread.

Whatever helps you sleep :)
You're cute but obviously a waste of time. If you can escape your self victomization and other nonsense and address an objective issue PM me sometime.

Me Myself

Back to my username
So you dont know?

What does apophenias predictability have anything to do with drawing a room as it is including mirror positioning and type of handles?

Unless I missed the part where he said he is a neurotic feng shuist :D and her friend knows his exact fengshuistic patterns including types of handles.

Doors?

Premium Member
Hell people on this forum should be able to describe my room at least a bit, having never actually met me. But the subject tires me as I said, we're really at a stand still. I must concede my "team" cannot disprove the God of the gap type argument for consciousness and the other "team" will hold on to the slightest thread. So I say we come together at a later time to discuss the issue. Sadly for people like me science won't just take a 360 on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

Premium Member
How many mirrors does my room have? Where? What type of handles do my cliset has? Where is it? Where are the doors and the bed in relation to the general room and area?

I don't care? I'm not your friend, know little about you, and have never seen any location you've even slightly personalized. It's like asking me to do a cold reading over text with a stranger.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I don't care? I'm not your friend, know little about you, and have never seen any location you've even slightly personalized. It's like asking me to do a cold reading over text with a stranger.

So you did guess this things with the completely unknown rooms of your friends?

Again, you are way more empathic than me.

I would just be able to guess like their books and those stuff.

Premium Member
And it's funny you won't accept scientifically backed reason but you blindly accept this story as absolute, unchanged, unbiased fact. I'll never understand the fideist mind.

Me Myself

Back to my username
And it's funny you won't accept scientifically backed reason but you blindly accept this story as absolute, unchanged, unbiased fact. I'll never understand the fideist mind.

Those are two weird wrong assumptions you are making there.

First, I have no reaon to believe apophenia is either lying or telling the truth.

My questions are because you areosting as if the situation he described was easily discarded by knowing the guy.

So again, can yiu describe the type of handles and e positioning of mirrors of any of your friends new room if they had one new room for a short period of time? Do you find this reasonable?

Saying you dont believe him would be a reasonable answer. I have no qualms with that, but that's not what I am asking. You are indeed painting a strawman in me right now with your suppositions.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I would be able to describe such a thing if my friend was a feng shui freak, I has some idea of the way the room is and knew enough of feng shuui and HIS patterns of feng shui so that I would be able to guess positioning of mirrors and choice in handle types.

The guess in handle types would still probably be a complete crupshoot.

Alceste

Vagabond

You're painting yourself into a false dichotomy. Either the story is untrue or it disproves the scientific method and a naturalistic world view. There's no reason to believe the story can't be true and ALSO be a natural phenomenon we do not yet understand. Everything was a mystery before we knew how it worked. Even the really obvious stuff, like the world being round and the sun being a star.

Premium Member
You're painting yourself into a false dichotomy. Either the story is untrue or it disproves the scientific method and a naturalistic world view. There's no reason to believe the story can't be true and ALSO be a natural phenomenon we do not yet understand. Everything was a mystery before we knew how it worked. Even the really obvious stuff, like the world being round and the sun being a star.

No I've already said I believe something happened, something natural. I'm laughing at MM's inability to accept natural and supported explanations yet ability to easily accept a supernatural experience.

Alceste

Vagabond
No I've already said I believe something happened, something natural. I'm laughing at MM's inability to accept natural and supported explanations yet ability to easily accept a supernatural experience.

And you're quite sure it's not just the specific explanations you've offered he is not accepting, but any and all possible scientific explanations, including those not yet discovered?

Premium Member
And you're quite sure it's not just the specific explanations you've offered he is not accepting, but any and all possible scientific explanations, including those not yet discovered?

Well if you won't accept basic things how can you accept things coming from quantum physics and such? Science and reason are science and reason. Even if the craziness of quantum physics can explain it (was it you who mentioned such earlier) it is still a scientific, logical, physical explanation that simply fills in the blanks.

Alceste

Vagabond
Well if you won't accept basic things how can you accept things coming from quantum physics and such? Science and reason are science and reason. Even if the craziness of quantum physics can explain it (was it you who mentioned such earlier) it is still a scientific, logical, physical explanation that simply fills in the blanks.

What basic things aren't we accepting?