• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Frubal?

Would you like this new frubal?

• Yes! Add a prayer/well wishes frubal.

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No, we have enough as it is.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Let's trade the angry frubal for the prayer/well wishes frubal.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I will be completely honest here and stick my neck out by saying that I'm concerned that a new prayer frubal will add fuel to a growing problem that I've seen and experienced on RF since I became a member. I'll say this as respectfully as I can, but I have a problem with a few Abrahamic theists who appear hell-bent to preach and proselytize their beliefs, despite the rule against it. I'll also say that their attitude seems to be come hell or high water, and damn the rules. I'm referring to the ones who have accused unbelievers such as myself of being sinners, rebelling against the biblical God, and threatening us with hellfire and brimstone. My concern is that these theists will use a prayer frubal to further their preaching and proselytizing conquests. Based on my experience with a few of them, I can envision them using the frubal as a means to antagonize an unbeliever who pushes back against being accused of being a sinner, rebelling against the biblical God, or any threats of going to hell. And to substantiate my concern, I'm including one of my previous posts where I addressed this problem. I'm not posting about this to be argumentative or rude. I'm sharing my concern because I see this as a real problem.

Last edited:

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I will be completely honest here and stick my neck out by saying that I'm concerned that a new prayer frubal will add fuel to a growing problem that I've seen and experienced on RF since I became a member. I'll say this as respectfully as I can, but I have a problem with a few Abrahamic theists who appear hell-bent to preach and proselytize their beliefs, despite the rule against it. I'll also say that their attitude seems to be come hell or high water, and damn the rules. I'm referring to the ones who have accused unbelievers such as myself of being sinners, rebelling against the biblical God, and threatening us with hellfire and brimstone. My concern is that these theists will use a prayer frubal to further their preaching and proselytizing conquests. Based on my experience with a few of them, I can envision them using the frubal as a means to antagonize an unbeliever who pushes back against being accused of being a sinner, rebelling against the biblical God, or any threats of going to hell.

And to substantiate my concern, I'm including one of my previous posts where I addressed this problem.

Such use would be abuse and would be banned.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Such use would be abuse and would be banned.

I'm asking an honest question: If the Abrahamic theists I'm referring to are perpetually preaching and proselytizing their beliefs aren't banned for clearly and repeatedly violating Rule 8, then the abuse of this frubal would get them banned? These particular members repeatedly state their beliefs as if they were definitive facts and have repeatedly posted what I described in my previous post. It appears to me, as I'm sure it does to others, that these people are thumbing their noses at the rules, particularly Rule 8. Frankly, I'm not sure that them knowingly abusing this frubal will make any difference to them.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm asking an honest question: If the Abrahamic theists I'm referring to are perpetually preaching and proselytizing their beliefs aren't banned for clearly and repeatedly violating Rule 8, then the abuse of this frubal would get them banned? These particular members repeatedly state their beliefs as if they were definitive facts and have repeatedly posted what I described in my previous post. It appears to me, as I'm sure it does to others, that these people are thumbing their noses at the rules of this forum, particularly Rule 8. To be honest, I'm not sure that them knowingly abusing this frubal will make any difference to them.
Members who repeatedly break the rules and have no regard for a specific rule, such as Rule 8, are either restricted/banned through the escalating infraction process or fast-tracked if the disregard for the rule is severe enough as determined by staff consensus.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Members who repeatedly break the rules and have no regard for a specific rule, such as Rule 8, are either restricted/banned through the escalating infraction process or fast-tracked if the disregard for the rule is severe enough as determined by staff consensus.
A prayer frubal looks risky to treat as abuse.
I can easily see the giver having one intention,
but the recipient inferring another, or just
taking offense. And then staff must decide.
If you guys want that extra work, have at it.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't like the negative frubals (angry, sad). I don't find them conducive to the RF mission. Though I'm not sure I'd use the prayer frubal, I'd prefer having it replace one of the negative frubes.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Thank you for your response, SalixIncendium. I appreciate it. Of course, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes between members and the staff, but without mentioning names, I will say that the theists I have in mind are still a point of contention for me and have caused my experience on this forum to be stressful and miserable. Honestly, one of the main reasons I left for a month was because of some of them. I couldn't take it anymore and had to leave.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm asking an honest question: If the Abrahamic theists I'm referring to are perpetually preaching and proselytizing their beliefs aren't banned for clearly and repeatedly violating Rule 8, then the abuse of this frubal would get them banned? These particular members repeatedly state their beliefs as if they were definitive facts and have repeatedly posted what I described in my previous post. It appears to me, as I'm sure it does to others, that these people are thumbing their noses at the rules, particularly Rule 8. Frankly, I'm not sure that them knowingly abusing this frubal will make any difference to them.
Abuse of the frubal would be banned the same way abuse of the funny rating is banned.