• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Frubal?

Would you like this new frubal?

• Yes! Add a prayer/well wishes frubal.

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No, we have enough as it is.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Let's trade the angry frubal for the prayer/well wishes frubal.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Which ratings are "neutral"?
This is the first I've heard of this.
I'm not sure myself, as Staff didn't decide this (as far as I know), it happened with the upgrade. So I assume it includes such as informative, sad, etc. Only positive ratings are counted, such as like, heart, optimistic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would think it would work both ways. Why would you think otherwise?
The faithful have long imposed their
faith upon the unwilling.
The reverse is far far less the case.
But does it really matter?
If you guys want a religious sympathy frubal,
& oppose a secular one, it's fine by me.
We have plenty of furballs already.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
The faithful have long imposed their
faith upon the unwilling.
The reverse is far far less the case.
But does it really matter?
We have plenty of furballs already.
If you feel religion is being imposed on you on a forum called 'religious forums' I don't really know what to say.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Perhaps from your perspective. From a many theists' perspective, the two are quite different. For theists, the former demonstrates a personal desire for someone to be well, the latter petitions a deity for aid.
I do not want to debate about the effectiveness of intercessory prayer. I would think that the more of us that could use this the better. As simply "praying for you" it could easily be used as a smug "I will pray for you" more often than a supporting one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you feel religion is being imposed on you on a forum called 'religious forums' I don't really know what to say.
You needn't say anything.
I see RF as being far broader than
religion, nor is it only for believers.

The same argument happened on
The History Channel forums, ie,
it was less about history, & more
about religion & especially politics.
Labels of things seldom determine
what they are.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
This has never been my position here. I never said I was opposed to a secular one, though I can understand how this could be inferred given my challenges to those that want a secular one and oppose a religious one.

My position based on the feedback in this thread is to have both a prayer frubal and a care/well wishes similar to the one @sun rise suggested in the thread.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
You needn't say anything.
I see RF as being far broader than
religion, nor is it only for believers.

The same argument happened on
The History Channel forums, ie,
it was less about history, & more
about religion & especially politics.
Labels of things seldom determine
what they are.
But its primary audience is religious people. I fail to see how that can be argued against, given the demographic here. Adding one religious rating for the majority of users hardly seems imposing, especially when one is not forced to use it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But its primary audience is religious people. I fail to see how that can be argued against, given the demographic here. Adding one religious rating for the majority of users hardly seems imposing, especially when one is not forced to use it.
I've nothing to add.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's a question for everyone...

Do you think having both a care/well wishes frubal similar to the one @sun rise suggested in the thread and a "friendly" frubal might be redundant?

In other words, should the care/well wishes frubal just be added, or should it replace the friendly frubal?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
What does "well wishes" mean? It's not an expression I know. Is it the same as "good wishes"? Or is it short for "I wish you well"? Or something else?
If I said "well, today I plan on going to the woods and wrestling a tiger to the ground" a religious person might say they'll pray for me. A secular person might say "I hope it goes well!" (well wishes)

(A sane person might try to talk me out of it, and an opportunist would shoot a video, but that's a topic for another thread.)

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
If I said "well, today I plan on going to the woods and wrestling a tiger to the ground" a religious person might say they'll pray for me. A secular person might say "I hope it goes well!" (well wishes)

(A sane person might try to talk me out of it, and an opportunist would shoot a video, but that's a topic for another thread.)
Great! Now we need a "can I watch?" frubal.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I'd sell tickets.
But I'd also bring a 1st aid kit because I care.