• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noah's Ark

Ajax

I think that is a good addition, but doesn't answer to the question, why in some cases small differences means a different species, but not in all cases.
Because although may look similar, apart from their color, may have different characteristics?

Ajax

Why do you think humans would have invented the story, if it would not have happened, especially when it can be found in some form all around the world?
Because the Pentateuch was written to give Jewish people a sense of superiority (the chosen ones), an ethnic character and a set of social rules (Deuteronomy/ Leviticus). So they copied the Sumerian/Babylonian flood stories (with some alterations obviously) in order to forewarn their people that disobeying God would have dire consequences.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think that is a good addition, but doesn't answer to the question, why in some cases small differences means a different species, but not in all cases.
Can you be specific?

To save you some time the breeding definition of species is one most commonly used definitions. Two separated populations are still the same species if the members of one of the populations can successfully breed and have fertile offspring with members of the other population. That is why all humanity is one species. You could have two bugs that look a lot like each other to your, but if they cannot breed with each other they are different species.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I think it’s more a lesson and the flood was not water. Humanity is currently engulfed in an enormous flood of materialism and consumerism which has all but destroyed their spiritual nature except for those who have sought shelter with God.

Things like floods and destruction mentioned in the Bible often refer to spiritual destruction and spiritual death which corruption and greed cause.

We are all going to physically die believer and non believer. Spiritual health such as the acquisition of virtues will make our world better but these virtues are necessary I believe for our happiness in the next life or dimension which will be a spiritual existence not a material one.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What does that have to do with noahs ark
I think that he is trying to work some weird sort of fusion between the Abrahamic religions and Hinduism. But like fusion cooking it does not always work out.

Think of combining the absolute worst American fast food with the absolute worst Chinese fast food. What are the odds that the combination would be even less palatable than the originals?

Audie

Veteran Member
I think that he is trying to work some weird sort of fusion between the Abrahamic religions and Hinduism. But like fusion cooking it does not always work out.

Think of combining the absolute worst American fast food with the absolute worst Chinese fast food. What are the odds that the combination would be even less palatable than the originals?
Too horrible

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails

Noah's flood story is found verbatim in hindu fish incarnation. The timing of the flood matches with indian monsoons. The name Ararat is same as Aravali. The Meena community believes they are descendants of the Manu who lived at that time. Many if not all problems get resolved if Noah lived in the indus valley.
You fuse salt with food and you get a dainty dish.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
ONLY with a new dictionary that defines
verbatim the opposite of what it is now.
McDonald's and
1713755001187.png

Can you be specific?
Do you know, can different bear species successfully breed?

"So it has proved. Chimpanzees and bonobos have interbred several times since their populations split a few million years ago, and the bonobo genome also carries DNA that seems to have come from a third, unidentified species. Other ape pairings don't seem to have happened, but that might be partly because they live in separate habitats and don't meet: orangutans are confined to Borneo and Sumatra, and are unlikely to encounter gorillas and chimpanzees from Africa... ...In fact it has been estimated that 88 per cent of all fish species could hybridise with at least one other, given the opportunity. The same may be true of 55 per cent of all mammals. "

Because the Pentateuch was written to give Jewish people a sense of superiority (the chosen ones), an ethnic character and a set of social rules (Deuteronomy/ Leviticus).
Superior? Bible shows very dramatically how bad Jews have often been. If Jews would have made the Bible to glorify them, it would be only about 2 pages long.
So they copied the Sumerian/Babylonian flood stories (with some alterations obviously) in order to forewarn their people that disobeying God would have dire consequences.
I don't believe they copied, because their story is more knowing.

Audie

Veteran Member
Evolution suggests more than just small changes. That is why I rather use the word differentiation. All the small changes can be just because of Epigenetics, DNA activating in different ways in different conditions, which doesn't really mean that DNA is changing, it is just activated differently, resulting different outlooks.

Why do you think people have to invent apologetics about prophesies?

There is no real contradictions between Gospels, if you understand them correctly.

That God gave free will, makes Him great in my opinion. By what I see, most would not do so. And I think the right word is, was sad, not regretting.

Please give one example?

I think simple is not a good reason to select something as the truth. The complex system can be possible. And by how poorly people know actually, I believe the complex system is more likely.

Why do you think humans would have invented the story, if it would not have happened, especially when it can be found in some form all around the world?
Why would people all around the world invent
similar stories?
Basically because people are people.

Every society has songs and dances,
rules of conduct, religion/ superstition
and ritual, and similar mythologies such
heroes, invincible warriors, half human god
kings who shall return, etc.
And usually the name for their tribe translates
to something like The ( only true) People.

Some education* , say a bit of anthropology,
is a terrific help in understanding people.

Of course the old jews thought they were God's
special. Everyone does.

Not everyone chooses to adopt some
other tribe's self aggrandizing mythology
as if it includes them.

I find it mystifying why you or anyone would
do that.

*Education is also a terrific help understanding some science, so as not to make such benighted arguments.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Do you know, can different bear species successfully breed?

"So it has proved. Chimpanzees and bonobos have interbred several times since their populations split a few million years ago, and the bonobo genome also carries DNA that seems to have come from a third, unidentified species. Other ape pairings don't seem to have happened, but that might be partly because they live in separate habitats and don't meet: orangutans are confined to Borneo and Sumatra, and are unlikely to encounter gorillas and chimpanzees from Africa... ...In fact it has been estimated that 88 per cent of all fish species could hybridise with at least one other, given the opportunity. The same may be true of 55 per cent of all mammals. "
We know this already. You do not seem to understand that fuzzy walls of speciation is predicted by the theory of evolution.

Ajax

Ken Ham build in USA what he considers a replica of the ark. He claims it is the same size as in the bible. It cost over $100 million dollars. It required heavy machinery, modern equipment, electric power and 3.1 million board feet of timber to finish it.

Piece of cake for 4 men, 4000 years ago..:laughing:

In 2019 he claimed that it leaks when it rains (!) and sued the insurance company for non full payment for his $1 million dollar rain damage claim.:laughing:
I bet the insurance company trolled him...:laughing:

Ark.jpeg

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Ken Ham build in USA what he considers a replica of the ark. He claims it is the same size as in the bible. It cost over $100 million dollars. It required heavy machinery, modern equipment, electric power and 3.1 million board feet of timber to finish it.

Piece of cake for 4 men, 4000 years ago..:laughing:

In 2019 he claimed that it leaks when it rains (!) and sued the insurance company for non full payment for his $1 million dollar rain damage claim.:laughing:
I bet the insurance company trolled him...:laughing:

View attachment 90841
Also, they can't send it out into the harbor because the computer models said its way too unstable.