• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noah's Ark

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Also, they can't send it out into the harbor because the computer models said its way too unstable.
You are conflating the Dutch man that made a replica of the Ark with Ken Ham. Only the facade of the building looks like an ark. They do not like to have people take pictures of the back side (how appropriate{ of the Ark scamseum.

1714072800891.png

The Dutch guy cheated as well. He just built what was mostly a facade that went all the way around. But the "ark" is just a shell that floats on barges.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here is a photo of the Dutch ark in the process of being built. Please note how it is already floating. WTF? You can see the barge that is providing flotation on the inside:

1714073257599.png

So to be fair, no one has even attempted to build Noah's Ark. They have always cheated, but then that is so OT that I can understand why they thought that it was justified.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You are conflating the Dutch man that made a replica of the Ark with Ken Ham. Only the facade of the building looks like an ark. They do not like to have people take pictures of the back side (how appropriate{ of the Ark scamseum.

View attachment 90847

The Dutch guy cheated as well. He just built what was mostly a facade that went all the way around. But the "ark" is just a shell that floats on barges.
Thanks for the correction.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Thanks for the correction.
The news never covers religious stories very well. They are too afraid of offending the masses. But when you see how his "Ark" was built, I know the used at least two barges for the larger version, you could see why no ship builder would say that it was seaworthy. On any sizeable sea two separate barges would tend to float independently. That would put huge stresses on the shell. I will have to see if I can find one of articles that I read that went into more detail on it.

In some ways, I do wish that someone would attempt to build an actual replica instead of taking shortcuts. Of course the Ark is the least of problems for that myth.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Noah's Ark

Instead of finding the Ark and what was in it, one should learn to accept the Messenger/Prophets of G-d , support them, not to persecute them and their followers, right, please?

Regards

F1fan

Veteran Member
Noah's Ark

Instead of finding the Ark and what was in it,
My guess is that it was a raft that a farmer built so he could float away with a few goats and chickens, with a bit of romm left over for the wife and kids. It got embellished a bit as the Legend of Gilgamesh. And then retold as the Noah myth.
one should learn to accept the Messenger/Prophets of G-d ,
Why? Heck it's not like the Abramaic believers can agree on any of it.
support them, not to persecute them and their followers, right, please?
If believers adopt and promote ideas that not only lack evidence, but are absurd, it's is a duty to challenge them. I suggest less support for religious belief, and more support for critical thinking skills.

Audie

Veteran Member
Noah's Ark

Instead of finding the Ark and what was in it, one should learn to accept the Messenger/Prophets of G-d , support them, not to persecute them and their followers, right, please?

Regards
No. There's thousands of " prophets"
all saying different things.
You are proposing we should all be idiots.

As for persecution, that's a specialty of the
"Believers".
And a direct result of accepting what some
alleged " prophet" called for.

Tomef

Here is a photo of the Dutch ark in the process of being built. Please note how it is already floating. WTF? You can see the barge that is providing flotation on the inside:

View attachment 90848

So to be fair, no one has even attempted to build Noah's Ark. They have always cheated, but then that is so OT that I can understand why they thought that it was justified.
How long before he’s eaten by some pair of beasts? Or is he all about half measures? All boat, no beasts?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
As far as I know Noah’s Ark was never a ship but a Cause or Covenant and those who entered were safe spiritually.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
My guess is that it was a raft that a farmer built so he could float away with a few goats and chickens, with a bit of romm left over for the wife and kids. It got embellished a bit as the Legend of Gilgamesh. And then retold as the Noah myth.

Why? Heck it's not like the Abramaic believers can agree on any of it.

If believers adopt and promote ideas that not only lack evidence, but are absurd, it's is a duty to challenge them. I suggest less support for religious belief, and more support for critical thinking skills.
Noah's account is mentioned in many a chapter/verses , I give a few verses from a very brief account of Noah in chapter 71:

71:1
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
71:2
We sent Noah to his people, saying, ‘Warn thy people before there comes upon them a grievous punishment.’
71:3
He said, ‘O my people! surely I am a plain Warner unto you,
71:4
‘That you serve Allah and fear Him and obey me.
71:5
‘He will forgive you your sins and grant you respite till an appointed time. Verily the time appointed by Allah cannot be put back when it comes, if only you knew!’

Noah just gave a message of G-d to his people, in plain words, right, please?

Regards
قَالَ یٰقَوۡمِ اِنِّیۡ لَکُمۡ نَذِیۡرٌ مُّبِیۡنٌ ۙ﴿۳
اَنِ اعۡبُدُوا اللّٰہَ وَاتَّقُوۡہُ وَاَطِیۡعُوۡنِ ۙ﴿۴
یَغۡفِرۡ لَکُمۡ مِّنۡ ذُنُوۡبِکُمۡ وَیُؤَخِّرۡکُمۡ اِلٰۤی اَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّی ؕ اِنَّ اَجَلَ اللّٰہِ اِذَا جَآءَ لَا یُؤَخَّرُ ۘ لَوۡ کُنۡتُمۡ تَعۡلَمُوۡنَ ﴿۵

F1fan

Veteran Member
Noah's account is mentioned in many a chapter/verses , I give a few verses from a very brief account of Noah in chapter 71:

71:1
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
71:2
We sent Noah to his people, saying, ‘Warn thy people before there comes upon them a grievous punishment.’
71:3
He said, ‘O my people! surely I am a plain Warner unto you,
71:4
‘That you serve Allah and fear Him and obey me.
71:5
‘He will forgive you your sins and grant you respite till an appointed time. Verily the time appointed by Allah cannot be put back when it comes, if only you knew!’

Noah just gave a message of G-d to his people, in plain words, right, please?

Regards
قَالَ یٰقَوۡمِ اِنِّیۡ لَکُمۡ نَذِیۡرٌ مُّبِیۡنٌ ۙ﴿۳
اَنِ اعۡبُدُوا اللّٰہَ وَاتَّقُوۡہُ وَاَطِیۡعُوۡنِ ۙ﴿۴
یَغۡفِرۡ لَکُمۡ مِّنۡ ذُنُوۡبِکُمۡ وَیُؤَخِّرۡکُمۡ اِلٰۤی اَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّی ؕ اِنَّ اَجَلَ اللّٰہِ اِذَا جَآءَ لَا یُؤَخَّرُ ۘ لَوۡ کُنۡتُمۡ تَعۡلَمُوۡنَ ﴿۵
Yeah, it's another copy. What do you think it means that old myths are repeated by new religions that claims to be the next revelation?

Tomef

?... But the ship's exact dimensions are written. If it's just symbolic, why get that specific?
The boat in the earlier Sumerian flood story was a 220ft diameter coracle. That was a style of boat used widely at the time, apparently, and the writer might not have seen any other sort. Maybe whoever wrote the Noah story thought they were being more realistic.