• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Carolina Magistrate refuses to marry interracial couple.

Sonofason

Here is another example of how weak your faith is. If one has faith in God, and it is true faith that is unwavering, that faith cannot be shaken by anything. Yet, here, you state that another person, of no relation to you and having no impact on your life, will damage this alleged faith. That is not faith at all. It is faith built as a house on sand.
Thankfully, I do not answer to you, and your opinion of me and my faith is of absolutely no concern to me.

Sonofason

Why? These alleged 'sins' are based on something written 2000 years ago and the issues then would not be issues today. Eating pork then was a problem due to lack of refrigeration. That is not the problem today. Same with shellfish. You are presuming that these things are 'sin' in the first place. I don't believe in the concept of sin at all. Sin, IMO, is a man-made concept to try to keep people in line. These sins are arbitrary concepts. The Bible condoned concubines. Are you fine with that? The Bible condoned killing people, large groups of people and given what you have written here, I assume you are good with that too. I see nothing wrong with enjoying one's life. You are free to tap dance to an antiquated book if that works for you. Do not expect me to follow something so asinine.
I just tell the truth. Not really caring that much whether or not you are wise enough to understand.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yep..no shame, no guilt, no repentance, and no forgiveness.
Why should I have guilt or shame? Why should I "repent" and seek forgiveness over things that harm no one?
I'll pray for you.
I get that alot: Things never change.
I actually used to be Christian, and I've no interest or intentions of going back. More-or-less, I am the "damaged goods" of the Church. They made me believe lies, taught me how to be "choosy" about what information I took in, and, worst of all, they convinced me to hate myself.

Sonofason

So, you are OK with what ISIS fighters are doing? They obviously and explicitly think it to be doing the "right thing".
I think if ISIS wants to try to kill you or me, that is fine. They can do what they want. If they should succeed, that is fine. They would have done what they've done. However, if I can stop them from killing you and I, I will.

Sonofason

Why should I have guilt or shame? Why should I "repent" and seek forgiveness over things that harm no one?

I get that alot: Things never change.
I actually used to be Christian, and I've no interest or intentions of going back. More-or-less, I am the "damaged goods" of the Church. They made me believe lies, taught me how to be "choosy" about what information I took in, and, worst of all, they convinced me to hate myself.
I'm sorry.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I agree. Most homosexuals have had messed up lives. Guess we can't blame them. Certainly it's not genetic. I mean, no one's born that way, so it must be caused by an awfully messed up upbringing. It's a shame they all reject God. He could help. But they don't want His help. Too bad.
To state it more correctly, many homosexuals have had their lives messed up, mainly by homophobes and people who claim to be Christian and who condemn both homosexuality and the individuals who are. Not all homosexuals "have had messed up lives," where they need counseling or other help to deal with issues that stem from how others treated them when they were younger. So we can blame the people like you to a very large degree for messing up their lives if they have had messed up lives.

And certainly, there is a genetic component--Your claim that "no one is born that way" has been more than adequately disproven. And no, homosexuality is not "caused by a messed up upbringing." Messed up upbringings can and do happen to people, regardless of their sexual orientation--but in many ways its been worse for homosexuals than for others. but I know plenty of heterosexuals who have been messed up by alcoholism and lots of other issues.

And no, not all homosexuals reject God; one of my best childhood friends is gay, and an ordained minister. I know he doesn't reject God; nor does he think God is condemning him for being what he is. There are, after all, a lot of different interpretations of the Bible out there, and not every Christian subscribes to your particular view.

Sonofason

To state it more correctly, many homosexuals have had their lives messed up, mainly by homophobes and people who claim to be Christian and who condemn both homosexuality and the individuals who are. Not all homosexuals "have had messed up lives," where they need counseling or other help to deal with issues that stem from how others treated them when they were younger. So we can blame the people like you to a very large degree for messing up their lives if they have had messed up lives.

And certainly, there is a genetic component--Your claim that "no one is born that way" has been more than adequately disproven. And no, homosexuality is not "caused by a messed up upbringing." Messed up upbringings can and do happen to people, regardless of their sexual orientation--but in many ways its been worse for homosexuals than for others. but I know plenty of heterosexuals who have been messed up by alcoholism and lots of other issues.

And no, not all homosexuals reject God; one of my best childhood friends is gay, and an ordained minister. I know he doesn't reject God; nor does he think God is condemning him for being what he is. There are, after all, a lot of different interpretations of the Bible out there, and not every Christian subscribes to your particular view.
I have been over this before with others. If you have proof that homosexual babies exist. Show me the evidence.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Right. Aside from the fact that I believe the Bible is quite specific about homosexuality, I personally have issues with the whole concept. I just don't want to be subjected to it. I don't want to see grown men kissing. I don't want to know or have to think about what two male lovers might be doing, whether privately or not. I just think its one of the most disgusting things that exists on the planet. And I don't want it existing. And I don't want anyone else to be subjected to it either. Couldn't really care less how the homosexuals feel about it. It's an abomination to God, and its an abomination to me as well. They'll just have to get used to how I feel about it, cause I'm not going to stop expressing my feelings about it.
Dude, just come out already and get over it. Your mentality is very pathological. I wouldn't be surprised if you were on the down low, yourself. Your type are very predictable.

Sonofason

You have proof that babies are heterosexual?????:rolleyes:
Yes, boy babies are born with a penis, which evolved with the intention of being inserted into a vagina.
Girl babies were born with a vagina, which evolved with the intention of receiving a penis and for having babies. Anything beyond what nature intended is indeed either not natural, or a deformity

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Yes, boy babies are born with a penis, which evolved with the intention of being inserted into a vagina.
Girl babies were born with a vagina, which evolved with the intention of receiving a penis and for having babies. Anything beyond what nature intended is indeed either not natural, or a deformity
:rolleyes:
Orientation has nothing much to do with the equipment one has. And evolution has absolutely no "intention" of anything. There is very strong evidence of orientation preference occurring long before the onset of puberty, and is much more complex that the simple male/female physical dichotomy. Homosexuality occurs not only in humans, but in many other species of animal. And yes, humans are animals, a member of Great Apes. Some Great Apes have been observed engaging in all sorts of non-reproductive sexual activities, including the dreaded "homosexual acts."

Sonofason

Orientation has nothing much to do with the equipment one has. And evolution has absolutely no "intention" of anything. There is very strong evidence of orientation preference occurring long before the onset of puberty, and is much more complex that the simple male/female physical dichotomy. Homosexuality occurs not only in humans, but in many other species of animal. And yes, humans are animals, a member of Great Apes. Some Great Apes have been observed engaging in all sorts of non-reproductive sexual activities, including the dreaded "homosexual acts."
Sure it does. God created the creatures that evolve. Evolution most certainly does have intention. And the intention of evolution belongs to God.

Sonofason

Yes, I suppose even animals, which we are by the way, can become involved in deviant behaviors.