• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio sheriff tells residents to "write down the addresses" of Harris-Walz supporters

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
He hit the nail right on the head. RW propaganda attempts to manipulate emotions and exploit ignorance. They use culture war boogeymen to scare people into voting against their own interests.
I think there is enough emotionally charged propaganda to go around for all sides.

Twilight Hue

Sure, Harris is full of propaganda & bad ideas.
But Trump & Vance get the gold medals for
specious claims designed to inflame the weak
minded, eg, Haitians stealing pets to eat.
It's just a matter of getting it from the horses mouth to settle the matter.

If residents of Springfield, who actually live there, are saying it's not true, then I believe the Residents and not those who don't live there.

Twilight Hue

Does this mean that you agree that
both Trump & Vance are lying about it?
I dunno where their information comes from so I'm neutral with no opinion, but I will always take the word of the people who actually live there over those who don't. It's just common sense.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

Pogo

It's just a matter of getting it from the horses mouth to settle the matter.

If residents of Springfield, who actually live there, are saying it's not true, then I believe the Residents and not those who don't live there.
The horses had spoken before Trump repeated the falsehoods during his debate, it was common knowledge such that ABC had to remind him of this fact and that is the basis of calling ABC biased.
You can lead a horse to water is the other horse metaphor that comes to mind.

Kathryn

I don't live far from Springfield, OH and I am here to tell you that if 15,000 to 20,000 immigrants from Haiti came to my town, legally or not, I'd find it problematic because of the clash of two very different cultures, not at all because of the color of their skin.

Twilight Hue

I don't live far from Springfield, OH and I am here to tell you that if 15,000 to 20,000 immigrants from Haiti came to my town, legally or not, I'd find it problematic because of the clash of two very different cultures, not at all because of the color of their skin.
A lot of people ignore legitimate cultural clashes and just go to calling anyone complaining a racist or bigot.

Kathryn

It has to do with his initial comments about writing down the addresses of people who display Harris signs. @Twilight Hue

Though the Secretary of State does say that he's well within his first amendment rights. I do think he's carried things too far.

Twilight Hue

It has to do with his initial comments about writing down the addresses of people who display Harris signs. @Twilight Hue

Though the Secretary of State does say that he's well within his first amendment rights. I do think he's carried things too far.
I think so as well although i agree its the sheriff's right on his personal time as long as he dosent violate his oath of office while on duty.

The residents are those who will decide imv anyways If he gets reelected or not.