• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio sheriff tells residents to "write down the addresses" of Harris-Walz supporters

F1fan

Veteran Member
It's just a matter of getting it from the horses mouth to settle the matter.

If residents of Springfield, who actually live there, are saying it's not true, then I believe the Residents and not those who don't live there.
Yet the fact that Trump and Vance continue to lie about this, causing the city and residents massive problems, doesn’t sway your support for MAGA.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I don't live far from Springfield, OH and I am here to tell you that if 15,000 to 20,000 immigrants from Haiti came to my town, legally or not, I'd find it problematic because of the clash of two very different cultures, not at all because of the color of their skin.
So you’d rather see your city decline by refusing to allow some migrants who will revitalize it? What culture problems are so bad that it’s preferable for your city to decline?.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Blowing up everything as a desperate attempt to get more votes. But Trump is sinking in the polls.
I'm hopeful that someday people will get sick of this stuff and actually get a real intelligent and capable candidate that will make America actually great for its own citizens.

Pogo

Yeah, not the other end. From your link.
"Color has nothing to do with what we're facing -- it is culture."
I don't live far from Springfield, OH and I am here to tell you that if 15,000 to 20,000 immigrants from Haiti came to my town, legally or not, I'd find it problematic because of the clash of two very different cultures, not at all because of the color of their skin.
Fine, all the businesses there and in whatever neighboring city they work in should just not fill the jobs that these people are filling.
They moved there because it was economically to their advantage and now they pay their taxes there and buy their groceries there and support the formerly failing economy. Sorry, White Bread Leave it to Beaver and segregation is no longer reality. Get used to it and maybe think about what they feel as a now minority compared to their former culture.

Pogo

I'm hopeful that someday people will get sick of this stuff and actually get a real intelligent and capable candidate that will make America actually great for its own citizens.
Then get out there and do something about the situation with the Republicans that you otherwise align with instead of just complaining about the fact that they can't proffer a candidate with a chance in your state because of their unpopular policies.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Then get out there and do something about the situation with the Republicans that you otherwise align with instead of just complaining about the fact that they can't proffer a candidate with a chance in your state because of their unpopular policies.
The same applies to Democrats.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yeah, not the other end. From your link.
"Color has nothing to do with what we're facing -- it is culture."

Fine, all the businesses there and in whatever neighboring city they work in should just not fill the jobs that these people are filling.
They moved there because it was economically to their advantage and now they pay their taxes there and buy their groceries there and support the formerly failing economy. Sorry, White Bread Leave it to Beaver and segregation is no longer reality. Get used to it and maybe think about what they feel as a now minority compared to their former culture.
I am really far from the White Bread Leave It To Beaver scenario for the record.

Kathryn

So you’d rather see your city decline by refusing to allow some migrants who will revitalize it? What culture problems are so bad that it’s preferable for your city to decline?.
There were too many refugees in too short a time. Neither party had time to acclimate.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
There were too many refugees in too short a time. Neither party had time to acclimate.
Seems to me that the migrants have been nothing but a benefit for the town, and the crowing about "culture" is just nonsense justification for very obvious racist sentiment.

Please explain to me the real, tangible harm being done by the "clash of cultures", as you put it? What's actually happening that is bad?

Kathryn

Seems to me that the migrants have been nothing but a benefit for the town, and the crowing about "culture" is just nonsense justification for very obvious racist sentiment.

Please explain to me the real, tangible harm being done by the "clash of cultures", as you put it? What's actually happening that is bad?
Let the residents speak out (see my source) - I don't live there. Meanwhile, I am not a racist, and I don't appreciate your labeling me as one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let the residents speak out (see my source) - I don't live there. Meanwhile, I am not a racist, and I don't appreciate your labeling me as one.
I don't see you as racist either.
But Trump & Vance.....they're another kettle of fish.
(I like mixing metaphors.)

Kathryn

I don't see you as racist either.
But Trump & Vance.....they're another kettle of fish.
(I like mixing metaphors.)
Thank you - I am NOT a racist and don't appreciate the label. I think that Trump and Vance may be racist, though Vance's wife is pretty brown. My entire family looks like a UN delegation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did y'all know that Springfield OH was once the
gas engine center of the country? 18 different
companies made gas & gasoline engines there.
(Many steam engine companies too.)
Clark Sintz, John Foos, & others built an industry.

Kathryn

Springfield, Ohio is less than 20 miles from where I live. I haven't heard a single thing about Springfield by the way.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thank you - I am NOT a racist and don't appreciate the label. I think that Trump and Vance may be racist, though Vance's wife is pretty brown. My entire family looks like a UN delegation.
I saw a thought bubble over Vance's head once.....
"I can't be racist because I think brown women are hot."
"I just hate moon crickets, darkies, & jigaboos."
"And porch monkeys & boot lips."