• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio sheriff tells residents to "write down the addresses" of Harris-Walz supporters

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I saw a thought bubble over Vance's head once.....
"I can't be racist because my wife is brown."
"I just hate moon crickets, darkies, jigaboos,
sambos, porch monkeys, & boot lips."
I don't believe he really said any of that. It's a shame I have to actually point that out but apparently I do.

Kathryn

First they came in 2018 during Trump’s tenure.

Second, who says there were too many?

How long does it take? Looking back the citizens are happy with the Haitians being there.
Oh really? I have posted a town hall meeting before the debate that says otherwise. You know, with actual people who live there, black and white, talking about the challenges of continuing to live there because of the huge number of refugees living there.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Not guilty of that either. Or any form of racism.
"I don't live far from Springfield, OH and I am here to tell you that if 15,000 to 20,000 immigrants from Haiti came to my town, legally or not, I'd find it problematic because of the clash of two very different cultures, not at all because of the color of their skin."

Kathryn

There are 15,000 to 20,000 refugees who live in Springfield Ohio, which is less than 20 miles from me. The town grew from 60k to 80k in just a few years. The resources of Clark County and Springfield are stretched to the limits. Rents are skyrocketing along with inflation.

Kathryn

"I don't live far from Springfield, OH and I am here to tell you that if 15,000 to 20,000 immigrants from Haiti came to my town, legally or not, I'd find it problematic because of the clash of two very different cultures, not at all because of the color of their skin."
That's right and I stand by that statement. Like I have been saying, I am not at all racist.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That's right and I stand by that statement. Like I have been saying, I am not at all racist.
I didn't say it was racist.
I said it was xenophobic.

xenophobia​

noun​

1. an aversion or hostility to, disdain for, or fear of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers:
    Xenophobia and nationalism can be seen as a reaction to the rise of globalization.
  2. fear or dislike of the customs, dress, etc., of people who are culturally different from oneself:
    Learning a foreign language can help to overcome xenophobia

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There left uses that to try to guilt and trigger people , and it's not working anymore with those who are sick and tired of that crap and can see through it.

Pogo

Oh really? I have posted a town hall meeting before the debate that says otherwise. You know, with actual people who live there, black and white, talking about the challenges of continuing to live there because of the huge number of refugees living there.
yes you posted snippets of a town hall meeting amplifying the xenophobic attitudes of a few. Some of them may really have had questions about how the town was going to deal with an influx of people, but most were more worried about some other quality of these people.

Kathryn

yes you posted snippets of a town hall meeting amplifying the xenophobic attitudes of a few. Some of them may really have had questions about how the town was going to deal with an influx of people, but most were more worried about some other quality of these people.
I didn't post just snippets though that may have been all you watched, I don't know. I am not responsible for what you watch and don't watch.

Kathryn

I didn't say it was racist.
I said it was xenophobic.

xenophobia​

noun​

1. an aversion or hostility to, disdain for, or fear of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers:
    Xenophobia and nationalism can be seen as a reaction to the rise of globalization.
  2. fear or dislike of the customs, dress, etc., of people who are culturally different from oneself:
This is literally the first definition that comes up about xenophobia:
xen·o·pho·bi·a
[ˌzenəˈfōbēə, ˌzēnəˈfōbēə]
noun
  1. dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries:
    "the resurgence of racism and xenophobia"

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Xenophobia is directly tied to racism. I mean, per the Oxford dictionary. Which I quoted.
And I posted this:

xenophobia​

noun​

Which ties directly into what you were saying about people being fearful of other peoples' cultures.
Hence the reason I posted it in response to your post where you stated that.

And you're trying to quibble about whether it's racist or not in nature? I don't know. But it's xenophobic, according to my understanding and definition of xenophobia. Your "direct tie to racism" isn't included in your definition, but rather in the sample sentence written underneath. And notice in that sample sentence, it's used separately from the word "xenophobia" as though they're two different things.

"the resurgence of racism and xenophobia"

See?