• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

icant

<sigh> You take things too literally.
Sorry, that is all I know how to do.

It either is or not.

Enjoy,
That is all that it says about it in that myth. How do you know what it did or did not look like?
Where did I say what the fruit looked like?
Did you read the entire post?
If you had you would not have wasted my time replying to your post.

I said: "So, how can anybody put a name on the fruit."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry, that is all I know how to do.

It either is or not.

Enjoy,

Where did I say what the fruit looked like?
Did you read the entire post?
If you had you would not have wasted my time replying to your post.

I said: "So, how can anybody put a name on the fruit."
Yes, did read what was written? Once again, when a person is too literal they will almost never understand complex ideas.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I can only answer you what I know and believe. I did not always believe in God, or that there is a supreme being. Now I do. I realize people's experiences are different. I used to listen to evangelical programs because I needed help but still did not believe in God. But I will tell you that one preacher turned me to God in prayer even though I told him I didn't believe in God. Because of my conversation with him, I finally prayed to know God. And yes, I believe God answered my prayer. He didn't say, "Here I am!" But the events were clear as I look back on it now. Even then as these things were happening I did not realize it was the "answer" to my prayer. Now I do. Obviously that's not everybody's experience. It's a detailed story, but it's my story, not anybody else's story. I did not, by the way, join that preacher's religion, but he helped me to finally turn to the One I cannot see.
New International Version
Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen.
Psalm 41:13.

I want proof that God has always been here as you claimed. What you believe is irrelevant.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I want proof that God has always been here as you claimed. What you believe is irrelevant.
In essence, I'm not sure what you believe. or don't believe. Either way, what you do or don't believe could be irrelevant. So -- with that in mind, I bid you a good night and perhaps you may ask others who believe there is a God why they believe what they believe and if He had or has no beginning. Thank you.

icant

It was? ok, I take the question back and rephrase. May I ask why you think man was the first lifeform on earth? Thank you.

Genesis 2:4
[4] These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
[5] And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
[6] But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

These verses and the following verses through 4:24 give the history of Genesis 1:1. There was not any night as God had not created darkness at that time. So there was just one light period that existed for eternity past until God created the darkness found at Genesis 1:2 what was the duration of that dark period long enough for every living creature on earth to die.

There was no plants.

In verse 7 God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed the breath of life into him and he became a living being. I don't know why the KJV translators chose to use soul when being is a much better translation.

Then God planted a garden and made tree to grow out of the earth.
You can read the rest of the story.

That is the reason I say mankind was the first living lifeform on earth.

Enjoy,

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
In essence, I'm not sure what you believe. or don't believe. Either way, what you do or don't believe could be irrelevant. So -- with that in mind, I bid you a good night and perhaps you may ask others who believe there is a God why they believe what they believe and if He had or has no beginning. Thank you.

So no proof, got it.

icant

It was? ok, I take the question back and rephrase. May I ask why you think man was the first lifeform on earth? Thank you.

[4] These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
[5] And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
[6] But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

These verses and the following verses through 4:24 give the history of Genesis 1:1. There was not any night as God had not created darkness at that time. So there was just one light period that existed for eternity past until God created the darkness found at Genesis 1:2 what was the duration of that dark period long enough for every living creature on earth to die.

There was no plants.

In verse 7 God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed the breath of life into him and he became a living being. I don't know why the KJV translators chose to use soul when being is a much better translation.

Enjoy,
Nothing that you said is relevant to why it matters? Apple. Kiwi. Centauran Tavis fruits. So what?
It was none of those.

It was the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That is the only kind of fruit it was.

The man formed from the dust of the ground was the only man that ever had the choice to eat the fruit or not to eat the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil.

Enjoy,

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Would you like to do a Bible Study in the Hebrew then maybe you would change your mind about what I understand or don't understand.

Enjoy,
You are just playing silly games now. You need to look for the deeper meaning of the Bible if you do not want it to be just a book of refuted myths.

YoursTrue

There was no plants.

Enjoy,

It was none of those.

It was the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That is the only kind of fruit it was.

The man formed from the dust of the ground was the only man that ever had the choice to eat the fruit or not to eat the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil.

Enjoy,
OK, we do not look at it the same way since (1) the woman God made for Adam gave him the fruit. She ate it first. She knew the penalty for eating it since she told the serpent what it was, but the serpent denied it. The serpent lied to her. Anyway, Have a good evening. Perhaps another time I can go over more of what you said.

YoursTrue

There was no plants.

Enjoy,

It was none of those.

Enjoy,
OK, we do not look at it the same way since (1) the woman God made for Adam gave him the fruit. She ate it first. She knew the penalty for eating it since she told the serpent what it was, but the serpent denied it. The serpent lied to her. Anyway, Have a good evening. Perhaps another time I can go over more of what you said.

There was no plants.

Enjoy,

It was none of those.

Enjoy,
God placed Adam in the garden. A garden is different from wilderness. I'm looking at the scripture at Genesis 2.
"Then the LORD God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and the man became a living being."
So God formed the man from the dust and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils and the man (Adam) became a living being.

"8And the LORD God planted a garden in Eden, in the east, where He placed the man He had formed. 9Out of the ground the LORD God gave growth to every tree that is pleasing to the eye and good for food. And in the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."

That doesn't mean that God planted the Garden after He placed Adam there. But that the LORD God planted a garden where he then put the man.

10Now a river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it branched into four headwater
11The name of the first river is Pishon; it winds through the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12And the gold of that land is pure, and bdellium and onyx are found there.
13The name of the second river is Gihon; it winds through the whole land of Cush.
14The name of the third river is Hiddekel; it runs along the east side of Assyria.
And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

15Then the LORD God took the man and placed him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and keep it.

That does not show that the LORD God caused plants to start growing after He placed the man there. It means that at some point God placed Adam in the Garden of Eden after the Garden was formed.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Puleeze explain, if you will, the proof or evidence you can show for sure that fruit flies do not remain as fruit flies.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Thank you. Or -- finches do not remain as finches -- or -- humans do not remain as humans. Thank you so much.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

If you have no proof, forget it then. Remember though I said, proof or evidence. The two in relation to the perception of the theory of evolution are important. Obviously evidence considered by those trying to figure how artifacts in the way of fossils fit into the theory is not proof of the theory.
3 years worth of trying to teach you something.... Just one simple thing. And still you pretend that you try to learn. What a bad joke.

Please take the following, copy paste it to word, print it out and then hang it on the ceiling above your bed, so that it is the first thing you see when you open your eyes every morning. Perhaps then it will sink in.

If finches would evolve into NON-finches, then evolution would be DISPROVEN; FALSIFIED; WRONG

icant

You are just playing silly games now. You need to look for the deeper meaning of the Bible if you do not want it to be just a book of refuted myths.

I did look deeper.
That is the reason I have been studying Biblical Hebrew for 58 years. I got tired of being told what the Bible says so I studied the original Language as you can see at the top left of my posts.

But what refuted myths are you referring too?

Enjoy,