• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Virtual Ashram

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I will give it a try, but .. I doubt if the experiment will be successful. I like a strong concoction like may Indians or like the strong Tamil coffee (but of course, not so much as a Hyderabad professor who put four teaspoons of Nescafe coffee in one cup).

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I will give it a try, but .. I doubt if the experiment will be successful. I like a strong concoction like may Indians or like the strong Tamil coffee (but of course, not so much as a Hyderabad professor who put four teaspoons of Nescafe coffee in one cup).

People and their coffee, and sugar ... True story... I was at a fast food place getting my morning coffee (with a long walk) on our recent pilgrimage to Vancouver. This lady comes in and asks for 4 cream and 6 sugar. The young lady at the till says, 'You do realise that that won't leave much room for the coffee?"
So the lady says," Okay then 3 cream and 5 sugar."

Maya3

People and their coffee, and sugar ... True story... I was at a fast food place getting my morning coffee (with a long walk) on our recent pilgrimage to Vancouver. This lady comes in and asks for 4 cream and 6 sugar. The young lady at the till says, 'You do realise that that won't leave much room for the coffee?"
So the lady says," Okay then 3 cream and 5 sugar."

That is crazy.

Going to get an afternoon cup right now as a matter of fact. Want to join me?

Maya

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That is crazy.

Going to get an afternoon cup right now as a matter of fact. Want to join me?

Maya

Sure, I'll join you.

But as to the story, the server was well trained. No eye-rolling, nothing. Nor was the customer particularly abnormal in any way but this. It was sort of like I was in a dream.

Kalidas

Sure, I'll join you.

But as to the story, the server was well trained. No eye-rolling, nothing. Nor was the customer particularly abnormal in any way but this. It was sort of like I was in a dream.

My coffee is black, every time all the time.

When my wife and I were first dating she sued to put flavored creamer(like the sugary cream stuff)AND sugar in her coffee. I told she doesn't have to sprint to diabetes.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
My coffee is black, every time all the time.

When my wife and I were first dating she sued to put flavored creamer(like the sugary cream stuff)AND sugar in her coffee. I told she doesn't have to sprint to diabetes.

Mine is 1 cream. Easier on the gut, or so they say. Used to be black. When I visited Tamil homes, they just couldn't get that idea.

Maya3

Mine is strong coffee with whole milk in it. It has to have exactly the right brown color. Cannot be too light or too dark. I´m very picky. And I cannot drink weak coffee.

Maya

Kalidas

Mine is strong coffee with whole milk in it. It has to have exactly the right brown color. Cannot be too light or too dark. I´m very picky. And I cannot drink weak coffee.

Maya

You would LOVE how I brew coffee. If your not used to the strength of how I brew coffee though you may get heartburn.

Maya3

You would LOVE how I brew coffee. If your not used to the strength of how I brew coffee though you may get heartburn.

:)
Oh no, not me.
I like such strong coffee that I get bothered just reading about weak coffee or seeing a picture of it. There is NOTHING worse than seeing a pot of coffee that is so weak that you can see right through it. :facepalm:

Maya

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Define "weak" coffee. I guess I'm such a wimp, but I love a sweet coffee.

Cream or milk, sugar, honey...the sweeter the better. :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I like half milk, half water, one teaspoon sugar or sometimes a little more, plus coffee with 'the right brown color'. Got a local Tamil coffee percolator (Rs.100 - $1.70) from our Tamil maid (came to us when our grand-daughter was born and remained with us for 18 years till we moved to our new house, and in the meantime became a grandmother herself), but somehow my wife did not like it and returned it to her along with the coffee powder. I now depend on Nescafe. :(

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Back in my university days, I tried espresso for the first time. I loved the stuff (it was about 9 PM) and didn't understand why the cup was so small. So over about 40 minutes I had 3 more. Didn't sleep all night.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Oh, I must have tea or coffee, first thing in the morning and last thing in the day. It never affects my sleeping. :)

Kalidas

:)
Oh no, not me.
I like such strong coffee that I get bothered just reading about weak coffee or seeing a picture of it. There is NOTHING worse than seeing a pot of coffee that is so weak that you can see right through it. :facepalm:

Maya

My wife and I had some great best friends. They would drink "coffee" all day I say "coffee" because they had added more creamer than coffee, theur coffee turned white.

Maya3

Vinayaka,
Ha ha, that must have been a loooong night. I love espresso too, but I don´t drink it often because it vanishes in two three sips.

Kalidas,
Oh that white coffee your friends drink would make me weak in the knees. I´d have to go sit down.
Coffee is serious business!

How do you put photos in your posts? I have some great coffee photos to share, but I´m not sure how to get them in here.

Maya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
As far as I know, either you need to have them on internet (you can then add the URL) or need to upload them in an album in your profile page and then get the URL. If there is a better way, members can inform me. I like to put images in my post.
Note: They better not be heavy BMP files but JPEGs or PNGs, otherwise they will take longer to come up.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Lord-Shiva-in-Haridwar.jpg

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I did go to puja today. :)

It was a little disorganized (the priest is currently in India, I believe), but still pleasant.