• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Virtual Ashram

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
OM SARAVANABHAVA

023.jpg

Shrink this ...

UPDATE! See JaiMaaDurga's method below, JMD has SHRUNK my graphic!
THANKS JMD! DANYAVATS and frubel for YOU !

Last edited:

JaiMaaDurga

Namaste,

I don't want to recommend only one way to shrink images, since some may
use different operating systems, some may only be linking to urls, etc.

However, a quick google search on "shrinking images" yields multiple solutions,
including online resizing, as well as instructions on how to resize in MS Paint, etc.
For ShivaFan:

JAI MATA DI

Last edited:

Chakra

Premium Member
Hi everyone,
Welcome to our very own Virtual Ashram.

This is a place were everyone is welcome.
We have a nice spot for Puja and meditation upstairs.
But the main area here for us is the kitchen, the indoor eating area, and the chairs and benches outside on the lawn with a view of the forest.

It is nice and warm today, so I made a nice pot of strong coffee (yes we can have coffee at this ashram, please don´t start a debate over it, :) ) if you rather not have coffee, we have loads of herbal teas too. I also made a pot of Chamomile tea.
I´m sitting outside in the shade looking at the deer walking around in the forest.

Welcome, please have a seat and join me. If anyone wants to bring something to eat, feel free. Or you can go in the kitchen and make something nice to eat.

Thank you for the nice welcome! I am a new member here and I hope I will be able to partake in a fruitful discussion and learn as much as I can! Anyway, just a question, but where do you change the Signature? I cannot find it.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste Prabhu, click on User CP (at the top) to open the Users Control Panel. Then in the LEFT PANE select "Edit Signature". Welcome and Om Namah Sivaya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Last edited:

Maya3

Thank you for the nice welcome! I am a new member here and I hope I will be able to partake in a fruitful discussion and learn as much as I can!

You are very welcome. It is so nice to have a new member here!

Maya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Many names. Many stories, one given below. Also Shanmugham (Six-headed). But generally only one is shown. Six are a bit too many to show. Depicted here with his two consorts, Devasena and Valli.

"Demon Taraka believed that, because Shiva is an ascetic and his earlier marriage was conducted with great difficulty, his remarriage was out of the question, hence his boon of being killed by Shiva's son alone would give him invincibility.

The Devas manage to get Shiva married to Parvati (who was Dakshayani, reborn), by making Manmatha (also known as Kama), the God of love awaken him from his penance, but Manmatha incurred the Lord's wrath indicated by the opening his third eye, and being destroyed (though resurrected later).

Shiva hands over his effulgence of the third eye used to destroy Manmatha to Agni, as he alone is capable of handling it until it becomes the desired offspring. But even Agni, tortured by its heat, hands it over to Ganga who in turn deposits it in a lake in a forest of reeds (sharavanam). Then Goddess Parvati, took the form of this water body as she alone is capable of taming the Tejas of Shiva, her consort.

He is first spotted and cared for by six women representing the Pleiades — Kritikas in Sanskrit. He thus gets named Kartikeya. As a young lad, he destroys Tarakasur."
Kartikeya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

330px-Murugan_by_Raja_Ravi_Varma.jpg
images

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Been a little while since someone has posted.

Well, with Krishna Janmashtami approaching, I think it's fitting to start bringing supplies of flowers and fruit for Shree Krishna.

thaipusam-flowers.jpg
VBK-FRUITS_1070272f6396.jpg

Also, is there anyone else whose temple is having two Janmashtamis? Mine is having one on the 17th, and it's listed as "Janamashtami - ISKCON". There is also one on the 16th, and it's listed as "Janamashtami - Smarta".

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Jai Jai. Wife decides in consultation with her sisters and information from temple priest, many phone calls, much discussion. A day of fasting for her, prasada and mid-night. Do not necessarily follow the temple priest. Beautiful garlands. :)

Last edited:

Maya3

They are beautiful!

I don't see anything on my temple's schedule, we are focusing on our Ganesha Festival, it is a big deal for us since our temple is a Ganesha Temple.

Maya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Bengali Baul (mad mendicant, that is how they are known) music. Beautiful. Common to Vaishnava Hindus and Sufi Muslims. I remember lyrics of one song which asked why should any one have a guru, when so many things in the universe teach us - the mountains, the rivers, the trees, the air, the birds, ..

Baul songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-KUUDi11R0

"Everyone asks: "Lalan, what's your religion in this world?"
Lalan answers: "How does religion look?"
I've never laid eyes on it.
Some wear malas [Hindu rosaries] around their necks,
some tasbih [Muslim rosaries], and so people say
they've got different religions.
But do you bear the sign of your religion
when you come or when you go?" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baul

a9296-1.png

Last edited: