• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Virtual Ashram

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
This is Mabhgarh Mahadev temple, he is our village deity.
Sumit, no larger town near your village. I suppose, you go to your village from Rishikesh. Google maps spells it as Mahabgarh. Nearest I have gone is travelling from Srinagar to Kotdwar/Lansdowne/Corbett National Park. But I would not be able to trek there now, heart (which I lost somewhere in Himalayas, probably Sundardhunga, Kafni or Wan). Myself trailed a leopard in Sundardhunga all alone :). Of course, I remember the Dogadda man-eater, Pujari (leopard). It was big news in its time. 1979, 13 killed, 11 wounded, or whatever. (https://www.google.co.in/search?q=d...57.9209j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8)

Last edited:

Makaranda

Namaste everyone,

Can I kindly invite everybody to keep my friend Batima and her child Sophia in their prayers at this time, as her husband has suddenly died after returning from a stressful work shift away from home.

Thank you :)

Maya3

Namaste everyone,

Can I kindly invite everybody to keep my friend Batima and her child Sophia in their prayers at this time, as her husband has suddenly died after returning from a stressful work shift away from home.

Thank you :)

I'm so sorry.
I will certainly keep them in my prayers.

Maya

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram starry nightshade ji :namaste

I found a couple of Krishna Das bhajans that I really like. I don't know what it is about his voice, but when he sings, it's amazing. :)

The first is a rendition of Om Namah Shivaya.

jai jai One of my husbands favorites , and I love the Hanuman chalisa :namaste

ok so we can occupy ourselves singing bhajans for hours :)

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I posted the following in another,
bhajan-related thread, but no one
bothered to give feedback, so I
deleted that post. Hopefully, one
or two can reply letting me know
what they think, herein.​

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram poeticus ji

I posted the following in another,
bhajan-related thread, but no one
bothered to give feedback, so I
deleted that post. Hopefully, one
or two can reply letting me know
what they think, herein.​

sorry to have missed your previous post and thankyou for posting again ...

Jagjit sing is one of my favorite singers I remember going to buy a new sari for sri krsha janmasthami and the shop was playing jai radha madhava , I fell imidiately in love with it and played it over and over again for many years whilst doing long nights in the temple deccorating for festivals there is something wonderfully peacefull and totaly absorbing about his singing I could loose my self in it and my srevice all night

personaly I love his earlier bhajans when he still sung with Citra they are harder to find now on the internet so I still cherish one particularly old cassette tape as it realy reminds me of my earlier days at the temple and of friends devotee freinds who have now scattered all over the world .... blessings to them all and blessings to all new freinds

for you ...:foryou:

[youtube]UNbc6TyeLWo#t=55[/youtube]

ratikala

Istha gosthi
and amongst my faorite driving bhajans .....so we san sing along and shout out govind to our hearts content and never arrive anywhere stressed :)

[youtube]Ivfvz3E4KNs#t=87[/youtube]

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
namaskaram poeticus ji

sorry to have missed your previous post and thankyou for posting again ...

Jagjit sing is one of my favorite singers I remember going to buy a new sari for sri krsha janmasthami and the shop was playing jai radha madhava , I fell imidiately in love with it and played it over and over again for many years whilst doing long nights in the temple deccorating for festivals there is something wonderfully peacefull and totaly absorbing about his singing I could loose my self in it and my srevice all night

personaly I love his earlier bhajans when he still sung with Citra they are harder to find now on the internet so I still cherish one particularly old cassette tape as it realy reminds me of my earlier days at the temple and of friends devotee freinds who have now scattered all over the world .... blessings to them all and blessings to all new freinds

for you ...:foryou:

[youtube]UNbc6TyeLWo#t=55[/youtube]

:namaste

Yay! A Jagjit-fan! Please accept my koti-koti pranam-s! My uncle had a
CD of Krishna bhajan-s by Chitra & Jagjit Singh. I think he still has it
but I haven't heard it in a very long time. There is a montage of their
bhajan songs on Youtube, but most of them are live. Not that it matters -
he sounded great live - but the ones in the studio were great, imo. I was
very young when I first heard it. It was on my way back from a local
Mandir. I never felt at peace like that before. Therefore, your experience
strikes home in regards to mine. And I think you are talking about this
song, correct? If so, it's gorgeous of a melody! Jai Shri Krishna!

Jai Radha Madhav

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram poeticus ji :namaste

Yay! A Jagjit-fan! Please accept my koti-koti pranam-s! My uncle had a
CD of Krishna bhajan-s by Chitra & Jagjit Singh.

Koti koti pranam's also to you and your uncle :namaste:namaste:namaste

what a fortunate upbringing
And I think you are talking about this
song, correct? If so, it's gorgeous of a melody! Jai Shri Krishna!

Jai Radha Madhav
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qShEs5fOFTo

jai jai , and at this time I was serving sri sri Radha Madhav ,so particularly beautifull to me .

jai sri Krsna , jai sri Radhe :namaste:namaste

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram :namaste

thought prehaps this may be beautifull to listen to at any time ....:)

[youtube]uQZ-dpe-M94#t=2[/youtube]

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram :namaste

[youtube]XIRfiCAqb9M#t=138[/youtube]

another favorite singer/singers ...abd beautifull bhajan .

Maya3

Ok guys, this is really nice.
But lets do something other than sharing videos.

How is everyone today?

Maya