• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Virtual Ashram

Makaranda

Not bad at all :)

Waiting for the gas man to come, for the third time! I don't think he'll come this time either.

:sleep:

How are you?

Maya3

Makaranda, The gas man? You need gas for your house or for your car?

Starry, what are you studying?

I'm good, I'm going to park the car in a little while, it has to be moved to the right side of the street for the street sweeper.

Maya

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Starry, what are you studying?

Psychology.

We only have a week left of the Spring semester, and I have 4 term papers and a project due before final exams even begin. It's just the stress of studying and putting together good presentations. :eek:

Maya3

Psychology.

We only have a week left of the Spring semester, and I have 4 term papers and a project due before final exams even begin. It's just the stress of studying and putting together good presentations. :eek:

That is great.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Drink a lot of coffee and try to breathe.

Maya

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Ok guys, this is really nice.
But lets do something other than sharing videos.

How is everyone today?

Maya

Not bad..Got to start studying for my exam on Monday. Last exam and I'm done first year of university (College for u Americans) !

Asha

Namaste

I am Asha, I am Gaudia Vaisnava, and applying for the position of resident ashram cook, as you know vaisnavas are pure vegetarian so after offering to their lordships the kitchen will be serving prasad.

So all you guys who have had a tough or stressful day studying can just come here to recharge the batterys and put the working day and all its stresses behind you :)

Hey, just one thing ...keep the bhajans going I cant cook without non stop Bhajans :)

and for Stary Nightshade please lay of the coffee it will just stress you out even more fruit juice or lasi we will make you plenty :)

Maya3

Namaste

I am Asha, I am Gaudia Vaisnava, and applying for the position of resident ashram cook, as you know vaisnavas are pure vegetarian so after offering to their lordships the kitchen will be serving prasad.

So all you guys who have had a tough or stressful day studying can just come here to recharge the batterys and put the working day and all its stresses behind you :)

Hey, just one thing ...keep the bhajans going I cant cook without non stop Bhajans :)

and for Stary Nightshade please lay of the coffee it will just stress you out even more fruit juice or lasi we will make you plenty :)

Yum!!
Yes! Will you cook spicy food?

Maya

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member

Ohh, I love a good Lassi! :)

I would love to visit an Ashram for a service and prasad, but the nearest one is 3 hours away. It's an ISKCON temple, I believe.

One day, I will go and see it.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram starry ji :namaste

Ohh, I love a good Lassi! :)

I would love to visit an Ashram for a service and prasad, but the nearest one is 3 hours away. It's an ISKCON temple, I believe.

One day, I will go and see it.

one especialy nourishing lassi , ...good brain food when you are bussy and probably not having time to eat propperly

I like to use soya yogurt (because I am vegan) but this is fine for normal plain yogurt , I like to mix in a little water , (you can use water or milk )

mix or beat yogurt and water well , add for each large glass .... " 2 table spoons of ground almonds , a good pinch of saffron and a half teaspoon of well ground cardamom .....beat well untill safron disolves (or you can disolve saffron first ), ... you can add a tea spoon of rose water and a little sugar as per your taste ....best sugar is jaggery or gour of you have indian grocers near to hand if not use natural unrefined sugar ....

with the almond flour (ground almond) it is almost a meal in it self but wonderfull with samosa or paratha for a quick snack...

and please remember offer to your favirite deity first :)

Asha

namaste

Yum!!
Yes! Will you cook spicy food?

Maya

Spicy but not too too hot,

Mmm, I am off to the shops to see what looks good.

We have just planted the first broad beans and waiting for the ground to warm up then in go the potatoes, do we have a garden here ? I need a vedgetable patch and a warm place to grow coriander, fenugreek and chilies.

Who else grows their own ?

Maya3

namaste

Spicy but not too too hot,

Mmm, I am off to the shops to see what looks good.

We have just planted the first broad beans and waiting for the ground to warm up then in go the potatoes, do we have a garden here ? I need a vedgetable patch and a warm place to grow coriander, fenugreek and chilies.

Who else grows their own ?

Oh now we are talking! YES we have a garden, feel free to plant as many chillies as you like.
There is a store down the road, where they sell all kinds of Indian Spices and Vegetarian food.

Maya

Asha

Brilliant, My favorite Saterday afternoon job vegetable shopping for the weekend. during the week we eat more simply but at weekends it is the time to make extra sweets, cake, and paneer.

Ive been reading up on eggless cake recipies, I used to make a good carrot and fruit cake and I have forgotten exactly what I used to do so I need to do a trial run.

Seems that everyone here is happy to have a taste how about you guys ?

When i have the recpie perfect I can post it for you.

Jai Shree Krishna

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I would love to have recipes posted. :)

Anytime I try to make rice and curry, the curry ends up burnt and the rice sticks to the pan and drys out. :eek:

I have to buy retail brand boxed curry. It's okay, but not as good as handmade or from an Indian grocery.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
My wife heard about a new way to make (Rajasthani/Gujarati Yoghurt) curry. They said parch the gram flour first. We don't do that. Hopefully, my wife will prepare it one of these days. Anyone who has tasted such curry?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Came across a nice painting of Shiva and Ganesha. Including it for your enjoyment:

siva21.gif

Maya3

Everyone!! Everyone hurry, I made chocolate chip cookies! They are still warm and the chocolate chips are wet and melty, I have almond milk and coconut milk to go with it.

Seriously hurry, or I´ll eat them all.

Maya

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Everyone!! Everyone hurry, I made chocolate chip cookies! They are still warm and the chocolate chips are wet and melty, I have almond milk and coconut milk to go with it.

Seriously hurry, or I´ll eat them all.

Maya

Cookies. :drool:

Make them double chocolate and we're good. :D