• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overturning Roe V Wade

Clizby Wampuscat

In a court of law they will try to he fair in deciding who pays what. But it is a bit contradictory to be against a man being forced into paying child support and being antiabortion. By having sex with a woman the man has given his consent by your standards. He is on the hook for eighteen plus years.
I am not talking about my standards but the standards of prochoice people. I already said the man needs to support his child just like the woman if she has it. But if you are prochoice why is it prochoice for a woman but not a man? To be clear I am not saying a man has a voice in a whether a woman has an abortion or not. Just that they should have a choice to take care of the child just like the woman does, it seems to follow if you are a fair minded prochoice person.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Are you comparing spontaneous abortions to elective abortions and saying they are the same?

No, I am say that you didn't represent facts. E.g. biological life is not soul life. The rest of your arguments is about your values. So are mine. I am trying to be honest.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The fact that there are many unwanted, starving and neglected children in this world is a red herring and a rationalization for abortion.
Huh? You're telling me that people should carry their babies to term and just give them up for adoption, are you not?

Who is forcing anyone to carry the pregnancy to term? All, that might happen is that easy access to abortion will no longer be the norm.
Which means people will end up being forced to carry pregnancies to term.

Abortion is a medical procedure. I don't want to make it harder for anyone to receive a medical procedure. It's hard enough as it is in the US to access medical care, unless you've got money.

Nobody is forcing women to bring pregnancies to term without their consent.

Oh, they're not? What's going on in this thread then? Why do people want to overturn Roe v. Wade and why are people legislating for bans on abortions? That is exactly what is, and will happen.

Nobody impregnated the woman against her will in order to use her body for an incubator.
Nobody forced a woman to have sex, unless the sex resulted from rape or incest and that is only 2% or abortions.

None of these points matter at all to the bottom line of bodily autonomy. Plus, you've ignored the myriad other reasons people get abortions and all the possible medical complications involved.

These are just more arguments from the point of view that a person should be punished for having sex and becoming pregnant. That's what the points you've listed here make very clear to me, along with many of your other posts. That argument strikes me as religious in nature, and I've seen it a lot. Most religions seem to be overly obsessed with peoples' sex lives and punishments of such.

Other peoples' bodies aren't yours to determine what to do with. That's for them to decide. Worry about your own body.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No, I am say that you didn't represent facts. E.g. biological life is not soul life. The rest of your arguments is about your values. So are mine. I am trying to be honest.
I was not talking about biological life vs. soul life.
I asked: Are you comparing spontaneous abortions to elective abortions and saying they are the same?

I wish women would at least be honest about why they want an abortion.
To say they need one is not honest unless there is a medical reason why they need it.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I was not talking about biological life vs. soul life.
I asked: Are you comparing spontaneous abortions to elective abortions and saying they are the same?

I wish women would at least be honest about why they want an abortion.
To say they need one is not honest unless there is a medical reason why they need it.

So you are the judge of other humans as for their life. Okay, I try to avoid that, because I have to many times been on the receiving end of that.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That is irrelevant to the abortion debate because a human life is a life regardless of whether it has a soul.
Then what are you going on about souls being put into bodies at conception for then? That seems to be your reason for objecting to abortion, is it not?

Of course there is a difference, but the point is that a zygote if allowed to develop and be born becomes a a fully developed, fully grown, conscious, thinking human being, and this is the pertinent point when it comes to the abortion debate.
But the ones we're talking about aren't, especially when compared to the person who's body they are occupying, who is.
Surely you didn't miss the point there, right?