• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overturning Roe V Wade

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There is properly no single real reason. That is the first thing you have to consider. The second is if you believe it is a real reason or if you know. If you know, belief won't do it.
Of course reasons vary but the common thread that runs through it is that they don't want the baby.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I think real does apply but probably only God knows the real reason.

You do that a lot. You claim what sounds like a fact, and then you switch to opinion, when pressed for evidence. Just be honest. Most women do it for a bad reason in my opinion.
Then I can answer I have another opinion and then it is over.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You do that a lot. You claim what sounds like a fact, and then you switch to opinion, when pressed for evidence. Just be honest. Most women do it for a bad reason in my opinion.
Then I can answer I have another opinion and then it is over.
It might sound like a fact to you simply because it is a strong opinion.
This is not a matter of evidence. Most women opt for abortion because they are selfish, in my opinion.
They are thinking of themselves and how having a baby would impact their life.

Edited to add: I think it is more than being selfish, it is that they really don't believe they are taking a human life, so it is also ignorance. And I am not saying that there is never a justifiable reason for an abortion.

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
This is not a matter of evidence. Most women opt for abortion because they are selfish, in my opinion. They are thinking of themselves and how having a baby would impact their life.

As is their right in some systems.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The reason I object is of no import. All legislators do not believe in souls. A life is a life regardless of whether it has a soul and this is based upon the right to life.
Then why keep bringing up souls?

I did not miss your point, I just don't agree with it.
I consider that a lame talking point and a rationalization. Life is life at any stage.
You didn't really address it.
So you really, truly believe that a fully developed, borne, fully conscious, living and breathing, human being with social connections and a full life is the equivalent of a zygote or a fetus, which has none of those things? I find that rather absurd. They are clearly not the same thing.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
This is not a matter of evidence. Most women opt for abortion because they are selfish, in my opinion.
They are thinking of themselves and how having a baby would impact their life.
That couldn't be further from the truth.
Why Do People Have Abortions?
Abortion is stigmatized and hard to talk about. Many reasons are given for having an abortion. Most people cite a few reasons. Sometimes they're too young or unprepared, don't have a supportive partner, or want to be done having children.
Some people think abortion is used simply as birth control. A common perception is that it's a "convenience" and an "easy way out."
That's not the case. In truth, it's very often because of family obligations and concerns about future children. Those answers are seen regardless of:
Reasons U.S. Women Have Abortions: Quantitative and Qualitative Perspectives
The reasons most frequently cited were that having a child would interfere with a woman's education, work or ability to care for dependents (74%); that she could not afford a baby now (73%); and that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems (48%). Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third were not ready to have a child. Fewer than 1% said their parents' or partners' desire for them to have an abortion was the most important reason. Younger women often reported that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents.