• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overturning Roe V Wade

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Huh? You're telling me that people should carry their babies to turn and just give them up for adoption, are you not?
I am not telling anyone what they 'should do.' I thought I had made that perfectly clear.
Everyone has free will and thus the right to choose.
Which means people will end up being forced to carry pregnancies to term.
They will be unless they can get to another state.
Abortion is a medical procedure. I don't want to make it harder for anyone to receive a medical procedure. It's hard enough as it is in the US to access medical care, unless you've got money.
Unless there is a threat to the mother's life, abortion is an 'elective' medical procedure, just like if I wanted a facelift or liposuction. My insurance will not cover either of those procedures.
Oh, they're not? What's going on in this thread then? Why do people want to overturn Roe v. Wade and why are people legislating for bans on abortions? That is exactly what is, and will happen.
In effect, they might be forcing them to carry the baby in certain states.
None of these points matter at all to the bottom line of bodily autonomy. Plus, you've ignored the myriad other reasons people get abortions and all the possible medical complications involved.
I am not going down that road because women do not get abortions because of possible medical complications involved in pregnancy since this is not the norm. Why not just cut to the chase and be honest? Most women get abortions because they don't want the baby since they did not plan for it and it is inconvenient.
These are just more arguments from the point of view that a person should be punished for having sex and becoming pregnant. That's what the points you've listed here make very clear to me, along with many of your other posts. That argument strikes me as religious in nature, and I've seen it a lot. Most religions seem to be overly obsessed with peoples' sex lives and punishments of such.
No, I think they should take responsibility for having sex and getting pregnant and this is what they are trying to avoid by having an abortion. This is my personal opinion, not coming from my religion.
Other peoples' bodies aren't yours to determine what to do with. That's for them to decide. Worry about your own body.
When did I ever say that other peoples' bodies are mine to determine what to do with? That is for them to decide and it is not my fault that Roe might be overturned.

But I have a right to my personal opinion just as everyone does.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So you are the judge of other humans as for their life. Okay, I try to avoid that, because I have to many times been on the receiving end of that.
I am not judging anyone. I just wish women would at least be honest about why they want an abortion instead of coming up with all kinds of reasons that are not the real reason.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is not what "Citation needed" means. It meant that you had to support your claim that women said that.
I could find a citation but it really does not matter since most people are not honest with themselves.
The fact is that they do not want a baby and if there is no medical reason what's left?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Then what are you going on about souls being put into bodies at conception for then? That seems to be your reason for objecting to abortion, is it not?
The reason I object is of no import. All legislators do not believe in souls. A life is a life regardless of whether it has a soul and this is based upon the right to life.
But the ones we're talking about aren't, especially when compared to the person who's body they are occupying, who is.
Surely you didn't miss the point there, right?
I did not miss your point, I just don't agree with it.
I consider that a lame talking point and a rationalization. Life is life at any stage.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The reason I object is of no import. All legislators do not believe in souls. A life is a life regardless of whether it has a soul and this is based upon the right to life.

I did not miss your point, I just don't agree with it.
I consider that a lame talking point and a rationalization. Life is life at any stage.

So you judge other people based on that? Is that part of the real reason you post in this thread? Or what?