• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Patriarchy"

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Your primary duty will be bringing me a coffee. I've got to go teach in half an hour and I'm hungover.

The best thing for that is an orgasm.

Just sayin'.
I'll get you the coffee, Alceste. Half an hour ain't near enough time for an orgasm.

crossfire-albums-misc-picture3924-003.gif

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Wait a minute, why am I doing Kilgore Trout's job?

Because you feel a strong compulsion to do things for me. You are feeling very relaxed...and drowsy. You want to please Kilgore. On the count of three you'll wake up and won't remember anything I said.

Alceste

Vagabond
Jeez. These people make some terrible noises on their violins. at least te keyboard has a volume knob.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

I was thinking the other day, why have I found it so hard to support patriarchy and so easy to support women's rights? Because in my life, patriarchy has been just as much a liability as an asset, if not more so. I never could fit into the mold of aggressive, ruggedly individualistic, damn the environment, eat burgers and not veggies, treat women as inferior, etc. mindset that traditional masculinity calls for. The way I see it, there's nothing wrong with straights supporting gay rights, so why should it be so unusual for men to support women's rights?

Me Myself

Back to my username
I was thinking the other day, why have I found it so hard to support patriarchy and so easy to support women's rights? Because in my life, patriarchy has been just as much a liability as an asset, if not more so. I never could fit into the mold of aggressive, ruggedly individualistic, damn the environment, eat burgers and not veggies, treat women as inferior, etc. mindset that traditional masculinity calls for. The way I see it, there's nothing wrong with straights supporting gay rights, so why should it be so unusual for men to support women's rights?

Is it unusual? o_O

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Why do you say this? Can you give me examples you have seen?

Consider how many straight allies you see at LGBT rallies. Now consider how many men are at women's rights rallies. They're there, but by far they're in the minority.

As for examples, one time I volunteered at a display booth for a women's reproductive rights group. When they first heard my interest in doing so, the initial response was basically, holy crap, a man wants to be a part of this!