• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor People's Campaign Readies Nationwide Mobilization

Curious George

Veteran Member
You invented that first if/then statement wholesale, the rest only derives from that point in your imagination. Attacking that statement is representative of the strawman fallacy, because no one has presented it as their stance, and you cannot point out a single instance of someone using that reasoning in this thread. Do you see what I did there? I pointed out that something is an informal logical fallacy and explained the reasoning behind it.
Are you suggesting that the if then statement is not true? You are mistaken. It is only when we get to the statements implied that it is true for all people do we lose the preservation of truth.
[/quote]
It is a non-sequitur to say that if you have similar opportunities you have the capacity for similar achievements? Are you really arguing that?
[/quote]
Achieved x and achieve x does not mean similar. Even were you to add the similar qualifier, it still fails. Nothing in the statement entails that a similar achievement will be available for other people to achieve.
It would be moot, because if people would explain why they think something is fallacious, then I wouldn't have to ask. No one has yet explained why the original statement is necessarily a member of the "Dramatic Instance" fallacy.
Because nothing in the "I did" statement entails that others necessarily could.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Well I can not believe you are sounding off with this racist diatribe. It also sounds like you have been watching too many Ben Shapiro youtube videos.

I grew up in poor urban communities as well. There are plenty of black people who have jobs. I can only guess that you counted the misses and ignored the hits. Perhaps you should observe better next time you visit your old neighborhood.

While I agree that much of the systemic racism has been obliterated, plenty still exists. It might be an interesting study for you to ask some older successful black men and women what obstacles they faced in achieving that success. Then ask a group of successful older white people about the obstacles they faced. See if that helps you locate any systemic barriers.

That the world is not as racist as some would claim does not mean it is not racist.

I still live in my old neighborhood nor did I say that racial minorities are inherently doomed. My neighborhood has seen a massive increase in black owned businesses that have finally become successful after decades of failure. Many of in which are very good and have superb services and can compete with corporate chains now. But with high rates of fatherless children and families consistently finding ways to acquire income through the degradation of their own communities you will never see anything arise.

I grew up being barely middle class without a father and to this very day I have never bothered smoking a blunt, done any sort of significant drug or even been involved in illegal activity. Much like my sister I have found my way to learn that hard work goes a long way and have conducted myself in a socially acceptable manner without lowering my standards of any sort. My entire life is riddled with depression and an inability to have good opportunities which makes me one of the most unluckiest people on earth in many regards. I never even went to high school I should add.

Also I do not listen to Ben Shapiro as much as you would like to believe. Also I have had more than enough experiences dealing with older whites and blacks to understand racism. I have found vastly more blacks regardless of group to be very racist, bigoted and backwards. I have simply never been rejected by poor whites, filthy rich ones or any of any sort. Be it in liberal California or old boy Mississippi and Oklahoma.

What is seeping from your lips is drivel my friend. Learned excuses are just like learned habits; you never know why you have them to begin with.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Go for it.
What? The poverty thing? Sure.

In the U.S. the schools are funded by local property tax. This creates a large disparity in the available funds for schools in "broke" districts with inferior quality learning materials compared to wealthy school district. This is a system disadvantage to children in these districts.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I still live in my old neighborhood nor did I say that racial minorities are inherently doomed.
I did not accuse you of that. It was your generalization that blacks are lazy in your neighborhood. Not that they are doomed. The systemic racism that still exists does not doom anyone.
My neighborhood has seen a massive increase in black owned businesses that have finally become successful after decades of failure.
How did that happen with lazy owners? And there were no successful business in previous decades?
Many of in which are very good and have superb services and can compete with corporate chains now. But with high rates of fatherless children and families consistently finding ways to acquire income through the degradation of their own communities you will never see anything arise.
This is a better tactic. Noting that there are higher rates at least does not generalize all black people.

I grew up being barely middle class without a father and to this very day I have never bothered smoking a blunt, done any sort of significant drug or even been involved in illegal activity. Much like my sister I have found my way to learn that hard work goes a long way and have conducted myself in a socially acceptable manner without lowering my standards of any sort.
that is good for you.

My entire life is riddled with depression and an inability to have good opportunities which makes me one of the most unluckiest people on earth in many regards never even went to high school I should add.
that, however, is unfortunate
Also I do not listen to Ben Shapiro as much as you would like to believe.
I would like to believe that you don't listen at all, but liking to believe and believing are two separate things.

Also I have had more than enough experiences dealing with older whites and blacks to understand racism. I have found vastly more blacks regardless of group to be very racist, bigoted and backwards.
I would agree that racism exists in black communities.
I have simply never been rejected by poor whites, filthy rich ones or any of any sort. Be it in liberal California or old boy Mississippi and Oklahoma.
That is again, good for you. However, you do realize that systemic racism is what we were discussing and it is not people who are systemically racist...it is systems that may or may not have been designed to be racist that are systemically racist. We have done much to eliminate systemic racism and you would be hard pressed to find systems that were intentionally designed to be racists. This does not mean that you cannot find systems that do not unintentionally disadvantage people.
What is seeping from your lips is drivel my friend. Learned excuses are just like learned habits; you never know why you have them to begin with.

What exactly is seeping from my lips? Analyze that and get back to me. Just give me a brief summary of what you think I am saying.

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
No offense, but when I see the pictures of the miserable living conditions that the poor endure in your great cities, the abject poverty and hopelessness of the rural poor, the nightmare that is passed off as public transportation, and the religious ignorance that allows for cows to roam freely while children starve, it makes me think that if this is how your government provides for it's citizens then I'll stay where I am--thank you very much.
Physician heal thyself. Don't criticise your brother for the mote in his eye. Buy a mirror. Insert whatever criticism of hypocritical lack of self awareness you like.

Kangaroo Feathers

Blacks don't hold down jobs the same way whites don't like policemen. Blacks in the ghettos where I come from are lazy, rude and incapable of keeping anything worthwhile to enjoy. Any race that gets social support from a vague body like federal government is set for failure. And race is the issue nobody talks about. There is no systematic racism and its dead and in the dust. Nobody had given any proof in decades of this and I'm still waiting while I laugh my way to the bank and inform my white bankers how black I am.

Anybody who thinks they are helping us blacks with this its out of their minds.
What does this tell us about lazy, rude, ghetto dwelling Muslims living off government welfare?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I did not accuse you of that. It was your generalization that blacks are lazy in your neighborhood. Not that they are doomed. The systemic racism that still exists does not doom anyone.
How did that happen with lazy owners? And there were no successful business in previous decades?
This is a better tactic. Noting that there are higher rates at least does not generalize all black people.

It should be a bit obvious I am not generalizing all black people as I am black myself. Nor did I say black owners are lazy.

that, however, is unfortunate
I would like to believe that you don't listen at all, but liking to believe and believing are two separate things.

Why not? He is honest about his opinions and biases. I would hope nobody listens to racists like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson who leech off the black community. I would also hope blacks would look up to Obama one day and think about how moronic his policy was and detrimental he was to society.

The fact you do not like a person with political opinions that mesh with your own is one thing but I do not have to defend people who can otherwise defend themselves, obvious Shapiro can defend himself and his own actions.
I would agree that racism exists in black communities.

Racism exists everywhere because even I am racist like everybody else. I do not let race be the ultimate judge of my opinions yet alone actions but we all measure race to some degree.

That is again, good for you. However, you do realize that systemic racism is what we were discussing and it is not people who are systemically racist...it is systems that may or may not have been designed to be racist that are systemically racist. We have done much to eliminate systemic racism and you would be hard pressed to find systems that were intentionally designed to be racists. This does not mean that you cannot find systems that do not unintentionally disadvantage people.

Sounds like you are a racist who just like finding systematic racism everywhere. I know people like you, I call them Step One Fascists as they do not like the further steps but do like the push to find issues in societies and target groups of people who oppose their other ideas which are typically non fascists in nature but dangerous all the same. Obama was a master of this tactical and did it for 8 years, I wonder how long everybody else can keep it up.

I keep hearing about these systems but I am never given a system mean't to be racist in the slightest bit. I think you are failing.

What exactly is seeping from my lips? Analyze that and get back to me. Just give me a brief summary of what you think I am saying.

You are saying that you are insecure about your moral aptitude and must feel better about yourself because society has given you a means to do so. Afterward you ripped a page out of Mein Kampf disguised as a handsome African American or Mexican and have now spent a few years trying to make up targets of racism so you can get tingly sensations in your stomach.

I do this too but I reserve it for Cards Against Humanity and the roleplay I do with my fiance at night. I still do not have my Schutzstaffel hat though but the rest of the uniform feels nice, the hat really completes the looks though.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
What does this tell us about lazy, rude, ghetto dwelling Muslims living off government welfare?

Funny because I had sinusitis and I kept complaining that I sounded like Milton :D.

Muslims can be just as bad as any other group although personally they have many cultural issues to overcome in American society. Trump is sure not helping quite frankly.

Kangaroo Feathers

Funny because I had sinusitis and I kept complaining that I sounded like Milton :D.

Muslims can be just as bad as any other group although personally they have many cultural issues to overcome in American society. Trump is sure not helping quite frankly.
Maybe don't single out specific groups then.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Dude. Seriously?

"Blacks in the ghettos where I come from are lazy, rude and incapable of keeping anything worthwhile to enjoy"

I am not singling them out though because blacks in America have unique problems that I would not equate to every other race yet alone culture. When people discuss racism they usually put blacks on the forefront and with me being black I would rather use something close to home.

. . . DUH!

Kangaroo Feathers

I am not singling them out though because blacks in America have unique problems that I would not equate to every other race yet alone culture. When people discuss racism they usually put blacks on the forefront and with me being black I would rather use something close to home.

. . . DUH!
"I'm not singling them out, I'm just saying they have unique problems"

...DUH!

Curious George

Veteran Member
It should be a bit obvious I am not generalizing all black people as I am black myself. Nor did I say black owners are lazy.
No you said:

Blacks in the ghettos where I come from are lazy, rude and incapable of keeping anything worthwhile to enjoy
This is a generalization.
Why not? He is honest about his opinions and biases. I would hope nobody listens to racists like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson who leech off the black community. I would also hope blacks would look up to Obama one day and think about how moronic his policy was and detrimental he was to society.

The fact you do not like a person with political opinions that mesh with your own is one thing but I do not have to defend people who can otherwise defend themselves, obvious Shapiro can defend himself and his own actions.
I am not asking you to defend Shapiro.
Racism exists everywhere because even I am racist like everybody else. I do not let race be the ultimate judge of my opinions yet alone actions but we all measure race to some degree.
Maybe not the ultimate judge, but have you ever contemplated how much your racism influences your opinions?
Sounds like you are a racist who just like finding systematic racism everywhere.
Well, I do not think I find systemic racism everywhere. Nor do I like finding it.

I know people like you, I call them Step One Fascists as they do not like the further steps but do like the push to find issues in societies and target groups of people who oppose their other ideas which are typically non fascists in nature but dangerous all the same.
You are going to have to elaborate on this for me to understand what you are claiming here.

Obama was a master of this tactical and did it for 8 years, I wonder how long everybody else can keep it up.
"The fact you do not like a person with political opinions that mesh with your own is one thing but I do not have to defend people who can otherwise defend themselves, obvious [Obama] can defend himself and his own actions."
I keep hearing about these systems but I am never given a system mean't to be racist in the slightest bit. I think you are failing.
Start a thread.

You are saying that you are insecure about your moral aptitude and must feel better about yourself because society has given you a means to do so. Afterward you ripped a page out of Mein Kampf disguised as a handsome African American or Mexican and have now spent a few years trying to make up targets of racism so you can get tingly sensations in your stomach.

Lol, obviously I have miscommunicated something if this is what you think I am saying.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What? The poverty thing? Sure.

In the U.S. the schools are funded by local property tax. This creates a large disparity in the available funds for schools in "broke" districts with inferior quality learning materials compared to wealthy school district. This is a system disadvantage to children in these districts.
Not all systems are like that.
In Michiganistan, property tax is just part of the picture.

This will help confuse...
VanBeekFoundationAllowancePipeline-V3-SML.jpg

Curious George

Veteran Member
Not all systems are like that.
In Michiganistan, property tax is just part of the picture.

This will help confuse...
VanBeekFoundationAllowancePipeline-V3-SML.jpg
I did not mean to imply property taxes were the only source of funds.

But it is simply a true statement that schools in wealthier areas have more funds. The reason for this is how the system is designed. The disparity in funding is a systemic difference. Children in wealthier schools have a systemic advantage and children in more impoverished areas have a systemic disadvantage. Do you agree?

*EDIT* I am referring to public schools.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I did not mean to imply property taxes were the only source of funds.

But it is simply a true statement that schools in wealthier areas have more funds. The reason for this is how the system is designed. The disparity in funding is a systemic difference. Children in wealthier schools have a systemic advantage and children in more impoverished areas have a systemic disadvantage. Do you agree?

*EDIT* I am referring to public schools.
Of course.
And wealthier districts should be able to provide more.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Of course.
And wealthier districts should be able to provide more.
Wealthier districts should be able to provide more advantages to children than those who are not able to live in the wealthier districts? Why? I am not saying that such cannot be done at a PTA level, I am asking why the dollar per kid changes at a government level

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Shouldn't this be on the "Communism" DIR?
That has nothing, at all, to do with communism. So, no, it shouldn't be in the Communist only board.
I propose #13......
We will hold down jobs, work diligently to improve ourselves, &
become productive taxpayers instead of being a burden upon them.
If only it were that easy.
And those who don't should commit to becoming gainfully employed.
Some of them should. Many, for one reason or another, can't.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wealthier districts should be able to provide more advantages to children than those who are not able to live in the wealthier districts? Why?
Because they can.
No children should be forced to endure the lowest common denominator
education when their parents are willing to pay for more..
I am not saying that such cannot be done at a PTA level, I am asking why the dollar per kid changes at a government level
Because parents have the option of spending more money on their own kids.
Being wealthy allows bigger houses, faster cars, better vacations, fancier food, snappier clothing.
There's no reason they shouldn't be able to provide their kids with a better education.
Would you say they should be prevented from improving their kid's education above the standard state level?

This isn't a Marxist paradise......yet.