• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof of evolution -at last-

F1fan

Veteran Member
The truth is the truth, I’m glad I’m consistent and you know what I would say. I have demonstrated God exists, just not to your liking.
You have a low standard. It wouldn't stand up in court. We demand a high, rational standard of evidence, and you can't provide it. That is your problem, not ours. You make the claim, you prove it. So far you are unable to demonstrate any God exists outside of human imagination.

You have a low standard. It wouldn't stand up in court. We demand a high, rational standard of evidence, and you can't provide it. That is your problem, not ours. You make the claim, you prove it. So far you are unable to demonstrate any God exists outside of human imagination.
It would stand up in court, I would call the millions of people whose lives were changed by Jesus Christ and their families as witnesses. Would be a slam dunk as a yes Jesus is real and has indeed changed their lives.

F1fan

Veteran Member
It would stand up in court, I would call the millions of people whose lives were changed by Jesus Christ and there families as witnesses. Would be a slam dunk as a yes Jesus is real and has indeed changed their lives.
You could show religion helped people. Where is the evidence that a God exists behind that religion? THAT is your challenge. Can you provide direct, non-anecdotal evidence that demonstrates any God exists outside of human imagination?

You could show religion helped people. Where is the evidence that a God exists behind that religion? THAT is your challenge. Can you provide direct, non-anecdotal evidence that demonstrates any God exists outside of human imagination?
So much evidence in the world, the heavens and all creation are sounding out and the miracle is that even though He is invisible his attributes are on full display yet you’re blind to it. I see it and so do millions of other people.
Good talking to you all on this.

You could show religion helped people
You say religion a lot but that’s not what I’m talking about, Jesus is a person not a set of rules or anything like that.
If you want a definition of religion it’s this:
“Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

F1fan

Veteran Member
So much evidence in the world, the heavens and all creation are sounding out and the miracle is that even though He is invisible his attributes are on full display yet you’re blind to it. I see it and so do millions of other people.
So you have no evidence, no facts, no coherent explanation, just a religious person's personal belief? This is not adequate for you to use in a debate where you characterize your idea of God as if it actually exists. This wouldn't be adequate in court or any other debate. You need facts to make an assertion, not your personal belief.

And millions of people accept evolution, does that say your belief in this science theory? If not, then why would you cite millions of believers? Let's note that evolution actually has facts and data to explain it, no theist has facts to demonstrate their ideas of God exists outside of their religious belief.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You say religion a lot but that’s not what I’m talking about, Jesus is a person not a set of rules or anything like that.
Jesus is a character in both Christianity and Islam. But these religions differ on how they portray Jesus, so religions can be wrong. One is wrong, perhaps both are wrong, but given the disagreement it shows a religion can be wrong about what is states is true. Neither can demonstrate it is true and the other wrong, and that is because religions don't deal in facts.

“Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.”
That is a very religious definition of religion. I don't accept it as it lacks truth and objectivity.

So you have no evidence, no facts, no coherent explanation, just a religious person's personal belief? This is not adequate for you to use in a debate where you characterize your idea of God as if it actually exists. This wouldn't be adequate in court or any other debate. You need facts to make an assertion, not your personal belief.

And millions of people accept evolution, does that say your belief in this science theory? If not, then why would you cite millions of believers? Let's note that evolution actually has facts and data to explain it, no theist has facts to demonstrate their ideas of God exists outside of their religious belief.
Wow, thought we were making progress and then you descend back into the black hole. Later bruv:)

Progress? Did you admit belief in God is uncertain? Did you finally accept science and evolution?
“Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:3-5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Wow!’we have this, so religious:)

F1fan

Veteran Member
“Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:3-5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Wow!’we have this, so religious:)
We don't have God as a fact, so yes, religious.

We are still waiting for you to demonstrate this God you talk about exists outside of your imagination.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The first two parts are nice but the last part--keep oneself unspotted from the world...now that's a clincher.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Lol good one so are we 1% bananas or are bananas 1% human or better yet are we bananas?
Well since conservative Christians tend to do their science at an incorrect and superficial level we men can say that a banana looks to be about 1% of us. Or in my case about 2%, ladies.

YoursTrue

I'm sympathetic because I was proevolution anti religion in general until God met me. Thank God for that.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
Did this happen? Was it said to be a good thing?

What I translate this as: "Edomites wronged Israelites. Israelites wish third party would commit horrors on the Edomite people. Israelites claim such events would strike joy and laughter in the hearts of Israelis if such atrocities happened."

Israelites didn't do the dashing, they were praying/singing hopes that their enemies (tribe of Edom) that burned Jerusalem to the ground, the same people who took them captive and sold them as slaves to Babylon, to receive punishment for their trespasses. Psalms are songs, so they are singing for hopes that a third party cause their enemies to 'get what they deserve' and this would cause laughter and joy in the Israelites. Fairly disturbing, I agree.

I find it as dirty and ugly to wish such things, even on those that would do the same to you. The sentiment behind "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemy as your brother" seem much more appealing.

YoursTrue

No one, He is eternal and has life in Himself, if God could be created then He wouldn’t be God and could be destroyed.
“For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:26‬ ‭
Good point. He has GRANTED the Son. Very good point.