• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Jews, Christians and Muslims

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"

Not so.

The Babi Faith came from Islam, and the Baha'i Faith arose from the Babi Faith.

But BOTH of these are independant religions not part of Islam itself, anymore than you could say that Christianity is part of Judaism!

Granted, its background included Islam, but it was never Islamic.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Well Bahai'ullah lived in Persia, or modern day Iran where Islam was heavily incorporated in society....I just assumed Bahai'ullah's foundation resides in the fact that he was heavily influenced in Islam. Some scholars thY I read took Bahai'ism as a heterodoxical form of Islam

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
There will be a judgment. God places Caesers to the different time and places in history to govern people in those period. Then God just makes sure that the message of salvation to go forward through human history.

Ask the Caeser to change his law, if his people feel that something is not right. God's judgment will come later in everyone's afterlife.

What is God's judgment about slavery?
How do you know?

we all enslave ourselves to different things and different people at different times. you may trade temporary slavery with your boss at work in order to make a small amount of money or you may enslave your time to a TV to gain entertainment. The only difference is that you agree to be a slave for a set amount of time in order to gain something.

slavery by force on the other hand is wrong because you are compromising another free will. Whether you are a theist, Atheist, or Agnostic free will is a human right.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Ok auto be clear when talking about slavery. Are we talking about scriptural slavery or slavery in general?

Slavery in general, including "scriptural slavery," that is, the slavery described in the Bible, especially slavery of foreigners. Slavery of Hebrews was a hybrid with some elements of bond-servitude, and slavery of Muslims by Muslims is supposedly prohibited (although actually practiced to this day.)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
because the will of G-d was interpreted through man.

Man Has faults. Man May misinterpret to suite his own means.

I"m not clear. Are you saying that when God said, "You may buy slaves," He didn't actually mean that we may buy slaves? Or are you saying God was misquoted? Or something else?

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Slavery in general, including "scriptural slavery," that is, the slavery described in the Bible, especially slavery of foreigners. Slavery of Hebrews was a hybrid with some elements of bond-servitude, and slavery of Muslims by Muslims is supposedly prohibited (although actually practiced to this day.)

So with my example what was wrong? I still have a slave. If I call a slave every name in the book they still agree to be my slave. So according to you, a slave is not a slave so long as they agree? Or in my scenario is the word 'slave' problematic?

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
So with my example what was wrong? I still have a slave. If I call a slave every name in the book they still agree to be my slave. So according to you, a slave is not a slave so long as they agree? Or in my scenario is the word 'slave' problematic?
Well, a slave who agrees to be a slave isn't so much a slave as an employee.

I would say that as long as you are not infringing upon their free will then it is their choice to be your slave and thus I cannot judge the matter.

but if they are being held against their will then you are violating their free will and it is wrong.

that brings up a new question

At what point does Stockholm syndrome change the equation of freewill

waitasec

Veteran Member
call me crazy but if someone volunteers to be abjectly subjected to some ones else's dominion over them has serious problems...