• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Race riots in England

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Your claim of xenophobia misses the mark in several ways.

That said, I'm happy to admit that IMO Islamists should not be allowed into secular societies. This is just a simple matter of comparing ideas and acknowledging that Islamists' stated intentions are to undermine secularism. Why would secular countries want people who hold those ideas in their countries?

That’s far right lol,shame on you for stating the obvious ;-)

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
That said, I'm happy to admit that IMO Islamists should not be allowed into secular societies. This is just a simple matter of comparing ideas and acknowledging that Islamists' stated intentions are to undermine secularism..
You are the ones creating "us v them". Perhaps you have no children, and don't care
if there is a civil war in the future .. it's irresponsible attitude .. just like Trump and Elon.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
OK someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong about this. Does Islam teach that it's honorable to deceive non Islamists?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You are the ones creating "us v them". Perhaps you have no children, and don't care
if there is a civil war in the future .. it's irresponsible attitude .. just like Trump and Elon.
Theocracy is at odds with secularism, that's just how it is.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
OK someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong about this. Does Islam teach that it's honorable to deceive non Islamists?
No, and nor does Christianity .. but in violent war..

That is one good reason why nations should not ignore majority world opinion i.e. the UN
Naturally, large powerful countries consider themselves 'a law unto themselves'.
Therein lies the problem.

Kathryn

No, and nor does Christianity .. but in violent war..

That is one good reason why nations should not ignore majority world opinion i.e. the UN
Naturally, large powerful countries consider themselves 'a law unto themselves'.
Therein lies the problem.
What does Islam say about deceiving Non Islamists?

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
What does Islam say about deceiving Non Islamists?
"Islamist"? Do you mean Muslim?

Islam clearly teaches (in Qur'an), that lies are not acceptable, except in defence.
Warfare is undesirable .. we are all the creation of God .. satan has other ideas.

icehorse

Premium Member
That's the same as saying "atheism is at odds with belief in God".
Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

I wish it was obvious, but in my experience, a lot pf people aren't clear on what's fundamental to the Islamist's agenda.

icehorse

Premium Member

Islam clearly teaches (in Qur'an), that lies are not acceptable, except in defence.
Warfare is undesirable .. we are all the creation of God .. satan has other ideas.

But the devil is in the details here: Historically the word "defense" in Islam, has included the idea that people refusing to convert to Islam are the enemy and that waging war on them is "defensive".

Kathryn

No, I mean a person who is NOT a Muslim. Please give sources. Thanks.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Historically the word "defense" in Islam, has included the idea that people refusing to convert to Islam are the enemy and that waging war on them is "defensive".
They might be (the enemy) .. and they might not.
If others despise you, and attack mosques .. then they could well be seen in that light.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Really,”we are where we are” but are clueless of how to deal with it because nobody in British politics wants to take it head on,Starmer will do his utmost to protect the Muslim vote,it is what it is I guess.

I can not think of a party that wants to lose the Muslim vote. They represent a significant proportion of the British population. And they are a vital contributor to our economy.

The only way that we can control the illegal boat people is with the cooperation and help of France where if anything it is an even greater problem, as the numbers in camps in France is far greater than those who Land on our shores.
However since we left thee EU such official processes that had existed are now ended.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Religions tend to be divisive in nature, Islam tends to be one of the most divisive.
Funny you should say that .. is it because the Qur'an is vocal about Muslims
defending righteousness?
It certainly threatens those with status .. but so did Jesus threaten authority .. and
we all know that he was sentenced to death because of it.