• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Race riots in England

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
As long as it’s applied to all I agree but it doesn’t seem that way.
That looks like two negatives from you.
One 'as long as' and one 'but'.

So there are circumstances where you would support violent, thieving, stealing demonstrators?

You won't know what the circumstances within a demonstration actually are, and if a senior Police Officer calls for a retreat or the CPS decides that it cannot act then would you support your political friends committing crimes against them?
If so........Ouch!

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
This is part of the problem and this is how it is perceived how it works has become political,bit like the civil service here.

You still haven't given full evidence for what happened at the 2 different episodes. As far as I can tell the difference lies in how the police was involved? But you seems to insist that you don't have to change your opinion, because the actuall laws and how the courts work, doesn't matter? Is that correct?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
That looks like two negatives from you.
One 'as long as' and one 'but'.

So there are circumstances where you would support violent, thieving, stealing demonstrators?
That’s a no,I think you got lost somewhere .
Absolutely not
You won't know what the circumstances within a demonstration actually are, and if a senior Police Officer calls for a retreat or the CPS decides that it cannot act then would you support your political friends committing crimes against them?
If so........Ouch!

They cannot act because?,a crime that is written in law that’s breached should face accountability,no matter who you are,there are no friends in politics,ask kier Starmer,”Jeremy Corbyn is my friend”,some time later when asked “is Jeremy Corbyn your friend” a nano second later comes the reply “no”.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
You still haven't given full evidence for what happened at the 2 different episodes. As far as I can tell the difference lies in how the police was involved? But you seems to insist that you don't have to change your opinion, because the actuall laws and how the courts work, doesn't matter? Is that correct?

Do I have to?

rocala

It’s obvious the sentence was a deterrent but for example,6 men in the pro Palestine convoy calling for the murder of Jews and rape of their wives mothers and children gets dropped,this is why people get angry.
I have been thinking about this for a while. Yes, I can see your concern too.
Now this is purely my own thoughts but I wonder if it is really an example of two tier policing, or of something else?
It is well known in certain circles that info on terrorist activity can be ignored sometimes. Let them commit an atrocity, the resulting loss of public support will hurt more than an apprehension would and in theory save more lives..

In this case, the shouted demands for terrible acts would fit the bill perfectly. You can bet your pension that it was not the decision of a local police commander either. It has more than a whiff of Home Office about it.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I have been thinking about this for a while. Yes, I can see your concern too.
Now this is purely my own thoughts but I wonder if it is really an example of two tier policing, or of something else?

My bet is “something else”.
It is well known in certain circles that info on terrorist activity can be ignored sometimes. Let them commit an atrocity, the resulting loss of public support will hurt more than an apprehension would and in theory save more lives..

I don’t think governments are that clued up personally.
In this case, the shouted demands for terrible acts would fit the bill perfectly. You can bet your pension that it was not the decision of a local police commander either. It has more than a whiff of Home Office about it.

I agree,a strong aroma ;-)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That’s a no,I think you got lost somewhere .
I don't think so....... Your 'as long ' and your 'but' both pointed a possibility that you might support some riots and villains, in my opinion.
They cannot act because?,a crime that is written in law that’s breached should face accountability,no matter who you are,there are no friends in politics,ask kier Starmer,”Jeremy Corbyn is my friend”,some time later when asked “is Jeremy Corbyn your friend” a nano second later comes the reply “no”.
And nowhere did you mention 'evidence'. Your feelings about Sir Kier or Jeremy are poor analogies.
Shops got pillaged. Police had bricks thrown at them. Cars got trashed and torched......by mobs of racists. Plenty of evidence.

And you keep giving us 'buts'.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I don't think so....... Your 'as long ' and your 'but' both pointed a possibility that you might support some riots and villains, in my opinion.
There’s “no might”,how’s that?
And nowhere did you mention 'evidence'. Your feelings about Sir Kier or Jeremy are poor analogies.
Shops got pillaged. Police had bricks thrown at them. Cars got trashed and torched......by mobs of racists. Plenty of evidence.

And you keep giving us 'buts'.

My advice,look it up,there’s a reason Starmer is minus in approval ratings.

As I’ve said more than once,I don’t condone the violence but I disagree that it’s because the rioters were all “racists”,you can tow the party line though.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
As I’ve said more than once,I don’t condone the violence but I disagree that it’s because the rioters were all “racists”,you can tow the party line though.
Anybody who demonstrated outside mosques or immigration hostels is racist, absolutely.

Party line? I didn't vote for the government. I have a friend who voted for 'reform' but he thinks the racist demonstrations are outrageous.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Anybody who demonstrated outside mosques or immigration hostels is racist, absolutely.

Demonstrating and acts of violence are two different things but I’ll agree that the mosques and hostels are racist.
Party line? I didn't vote for the government. I have a friend who voted for 'reform' but he thinks the racist demonstrations are outrageous.

See above.