• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Race riots in England

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Come on! In your opinion, what could be the race most commonly found in Northern English Mosques? If you don't know then I can't help you further.
I think people are demonstrating against the ideology of Islam, not a particular race.

Huh? And what polls did you have in mind?
Tell me more and I might be able to agree with you......or not.

There are many. Just do a search on a phrase like "polls of Muslims in the UK" and start browsing. I will broadly summarize a few points for you, points that the polls will back up:

- a large percentage of Muslims in the UK want Sharia in the UK
- a large percentage of Muslims in the UK think homosexuality should be illegal

There are many other data points that lead to the conclusion that MANY (not all but MANY), Muslims in the UK want to install Islamic culture in their host country. Islamic culture is at serious odds with western culture. This is a big reason why people are protesting.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
I think people are demonstrating against the ideology of Islam, not a particular race..
Nope! If there were only a few Muslims, they wouldn't care.
What about Northern Ireland ... is that really about Catholic and Protestant? No.

It's political .. about power .. and the freedom to get drunk and disorderly .. bla bla.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I think people are demonstrating against the ideology of Islam, not a particular race.
[/QUOTE]
The bigoted Islamophobes hate both the religion, the race and the people.
There are many. Just do a search on a phrase like "polls of Muslims in the UK" and start browsing. I will broadly summarize a few points for you, points that the polls will back up:

- a large percentage of Muslims in the UK want Sharia in the UK
- a large percentage of Muslims in the UK think homosexuality should be illegal

There are many other data points that lead to the conclusion that MANY (not all but MANY), Muslims in the UK want to install Islamic culture in their host country. Islamic culture is at serious odds with western culture. This is a big reason why people are protesting.
Rubbish.
They do mostly believe in law and justice, but our law and our justice.
Many white Christian nationalist American republicans would alienate homosexuality, trans gender, etc but the Moslems I knew did not mind or care.

icehorse

Premium Member
@muhammad_isa and @oldbadger -

I gave you a search phrase to look for polls. And you have to remember, we're talking about big picture ideas here, not personal anecdotes.

So where are your polls that counter the claims I'm making?

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
I gave you a search phrase to look for polls..
You haven't shown us 'your' polls..
..but that's all you have, is it?
I assume that there is no sizable Muslim community where you live, so have little experience
'on the ground'.

I live near Birmingham .. England's 2nd. city, with a population of ~3.5 million.
..and 34% identify as Christian while 30% identify as Muslim. ( 2021 Census)

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
@muhammad_isa and @oldbadger -

I gave you a search phrase to look for polls. And you have to remember, we're talking about big picture ideas here, not personal anecdotes.

So where are your polls that counter the claims I'm making?
You tell us all to go off and do blooming homework rather than post up a research poll finding! That really is pushing it!

If you were to stop a Muslim in the street and ask them questions about what they think, exactly how many answers would you expect to get?

What I've heard and seen from Muslims around me gives me as a curate an idea as any poll you've read, I reckon.

A poll that tells all Muslims are extremists is rubbish.

icehorse

Premium Member
I assume that there is no sizable Muslim community where you live, so have little experience
'on the ground'.

I live near Birmingham .. England's 2nd. city, with a population of ~3.5 million.
Another poster using the: "that's all you have" crap.

No, that's not all I have. But my claims are common knowledge and it's not my job to educate you.

As for knowledge on the ground, sure that counts as a few data points, but it doesn't count for much when stacked up against large polls.

icehorse

Premium Member
You tell us all to go off and do blooming homework rather than post up a research poll finding! That really is pushing it!

If you were to stop a Muslim in the street and ask them questions about what they think, exactly how many answers would you expect to get?

What I've heard and seen from Muslims around me gives me as a curate an idea as any poll you've read, I reckon.

A poll that tells all Muslims are extremists is rubbish.
Not my job to educate you on common knowledge my friend.

And it's telling that instead of getting yourself up to speed, you decided to strawman what I've said, not a good look.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Not my job to educate you on common knowledge my friend.

And it's telling that instead of getting yourself up to speed, you decided to strawman what I've said, not a good look.
No. Your view of Muslims in the UK is so extreme it's out of sight.

On BBC news this morning we saw a street of terraced houses up North that a mob of extremist thugs had rushed down, stamping on residents cars and smashing the ground floor windows all the way down, then we watched CCTV film of them actually doing it.

Every one that can be identified will get locked up. Islamophobia extremists are getting locked up.

icehorse

Premium Member
No. Your view of Muslims in the UK is so extreme it's out of sight.

On BBC news this morning we saw a street of terraced houses up North that a mob of extremist thugs had rushed down, stamping on residents cars and smashing the ground floor windows all the way down, then we watched CCTV film of them actually doing it.

Every one that can be identified will get locked up. Islamophobia extremists are getting locked up.
Notice I've never said that there weren't horrible thugs on the right, there are.

But being critical of mass Islamic immigration is not "islamophobic" ("islamophobic" being a dishonest term to start with).

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
'on the ground'.

Interesting fact,the religion with the highest number of unemployed is?.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Forget the "Islamic" .. I know many Muslims who are concerned about the unsustainable rate
of immigration.

Some people just like stirring the pot .. they get a kick out of violence and destruction. :rolleyes:

Or people just concerned about an ideology that some would call a cult that is just incompatible with anything past medaeval.