• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Race riots in England

Pawpatrol

A poll that tells all Muslims are extremists is rubbish.
It must be since there are people who call themselves Muslims and don't even pray (which means they're not muslims, but that's not the point).

The tricky thing is defining extremism. There are people who think wearing niqab by itself is extremism.

Pawpatrol

Or people just concerned about an ideology that some would call a cult that is just incompatible with anything past medaeval.
Does my living in the west as a Muslim bother you living there on any way? Is it that I don't drink alcohol? That I don't go out half naked? Or is it the way I totally judge all the people who abandon their parents when they become old and are in desperate need of both practical help as well as companionship?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It must be since there are people who call themselves Muslims and don't even pray (which means they're not muslims, but that's not the point).

The tricky thing is defining extremism. There are people who think wearing niqab by itself is extremism.
Most Christians I have ever known are wedding, funeral and baptism social Christians. But they mostly do tick the 'Christian' box.

Wearing the niqab is not extremist. But right wing nutters certainly are.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Speaking of elderly parents, I wonder why dementia seems to be spreading. My mom had vascular dementia and there was absolutely no way anyone could live with her the last year or two.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Does my living in the west as a Muslim bother you living there on any way? Is it that I don't drink alcohol? That I don't go out half naked? Or is it the way I totally judge all the people who abandon their parents when they become old and are in desperate need of both practical help as well as companionship?

None of those,I just see your ideology as a box,you have prescribed limits and apparently a judgemental one,you “living in the west”,I would question why you would if you’re way is better,can you give an example of where it’s a working model of enlightenment?.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

I would ask how your submission and praying to your god is actually going?

Last edited:

Kathryn

Very sad,sometimes I think it would be kinder to be gone earlier at your peak,it’s hard though.
I lost my brother to pancreatic cancer when he was 54, and my late husband to a massive, one time heart attack when he was 62 and I pretty much agree about my husband, but my brother was pitiful to be around and he did not mean to be. Both were very difficult for me (and they were only one year apart) but once I got over the absolute shock of losing my husband, I could see that his death had really been a blessing for him. Not for me, but for him.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I lost my brother to pancreatic cancer when he was 54, and my late husband to a massive, one time heart attack when he was 62 and I pretty much agree about my husband, but my brother was pitiful to be around and he did not mean to be. Both were very difficult for me (and they were only one year apart) but once I got over the absolute shock of losing my husband, I could see that his death had really been a blessing for him. Not for me, but for him.

Lost my sister,I had to vote to let her go,tough choice but real life decision,I was happy for her.

Kathryn

I lost my dad, then my mom, then my brother, then my late husband, all within just a few years. It was terrible.

Pawpatrol

None of those,I just see your ideology as a box,you have prescribed limits and apparently a judgemental one,you “living in the west”,I would question why you would if you’re way is better,can you give an example of where it’s a working model of enlightenment?.
Reminds me of an elementary school teacher of mine who told us he knows English better than the British. We weren't quite sure of it, but now I think I know what he meant.

Yes, you can view it as a box if you like, and what's wrong with boxes?
Yes I am judgmental, but you're hardly one to judge me on that.

(FYI, everyone is judgmental. I have no idea why it's so hard for people to admit these days. Everyone wants to think they are oh so open minded — sure you are, as long as it's about things you happen to like.)

Why do I live in the west? Because I was born here and the living conditions are good. I hope to move to an Islamic country some day, but I can live here as well. I can live the islamic way here or there.

I'm not sure what's "a working model of enlightenment". Islam isn't really about "enlightenment" (I've never heard that word used when it comes to Islam). Islam is about worship.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Reminds me of an elementary school teacher of mine who told us he knows English better than the British. We weren't quite sure of it, but now I think I know what he meant.
That elementary school teacher doesn’t get “British”.
Yes, you can view it as a box if you like, and what's wrong with boxes?
Yes I am judgmental, but you're hardly one to judge me on that.
Imo it is,imo you’re stuck in a box,what’s wrong with that?,it’s a box,an antique one,judgemental,we all have to judge,what’s better.
(FYI, everyone is judgmental. I have no idea why it's so hard for people to admit these days. Everyone wants to think they are oh so open minded — sure you are, as long as it's about things you happen to like.)
I think that’s called “free will”,maybe it’s a new thing to you.
Why do I live in the west? Because I was born here and the living conditions are good. I hope to move to an Islamic country some day, but I can live here as well. I can live the islamic way here or there.

Welcome to jahillyah where a hard core Muslim must live under the auspices of the western enlightenment.
I'm not sure what's "a working model of enlightenment". Islam isn't really about "enlightenment" (I've never heard that word used when it comes to Islam). Islam is about worship.
Exactly right imo,islam isn’t about enlightenment.

Pawpatrol

That elementary school teacher doesn’t get “British”.
Do you mean that he doesn't become British or that he doesn't understand British? I think both are possible for him.
Imo it is,imo you’re stuck in a box,what’s wrong with that?,it’s a box,an antique one,judgemental,we all have to judge,what’s better.
I'm very happy in my "box". There is nothing better out there — I know. The non-Muslim life is terrible. It has no meaning. It has no future. It has no limits — and limits are good. Without limits people become distracted by the multitude of their desires. But of course the worst part is that they lose their place in paradise (everyone has a place in paradise and in hellfire too).
I think that’s called “free will”,maybe it’s a new thing to you.
I don't know what that has to do with what I said (do you read English at least?), but free will is quite a big topic in Islam.
Welcome to jahillyah where a hard core Muslim must live under the auspices of the western enlightenment
I'm quite happy here. I assume you mean scientific or technological enlightenment and are not directly referring to the numerous drunks and drug addicts I see everytime I use the subway.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Do you mean that he doesn't become British or that he doesn't understand British? I think both are possible for him.

He doesn’t get what being British means.
I'm very happy in my "box". There is nothing better out there — I know. The non-Muslim life is terrible. It has no meaning. It has no future. It has no limits — and limits are good. Without limits people become distracted by the multitude of their desires. But of course the worst part is that they lose their place in paradise (everyone has a place in paradise and in hellfire too).
Good for you although why choose a country that is nothing like Islam?,why not an Islamic state like Saudi Arabia,they live in the past and even have chop chop square.heads arms feet cut off,sharia huddud punishments for apostasy, revolt against the ruler, theft, highway robbery, adultery, slander, and drinking alcohol),can’t see that catching on here lol.

The promise of paradise,anybody you know who’s actually been there?.
I don't know what that has to do with what I said (do you read English at least?), but free will is quite a big topic in Islam.
I’m struggling to how free will can work with the A to Z of how to live via the Quran.
I'm quite happy here. I assume you mean scientific or technological enlightenment and are not directly referring to the numerous drunks and drug addicts I see everytime I use the subway.
Jahillya as described by sayyid qutb “state of domination of humans over humans, as opposed to their submission to God”,that’s where you are living.