• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Race riots in England

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
For my money, the BBC has lost all credibility in the last few years. They seem to have totally bought in to the progressive "oppressed vs. oppressor" worldview. So OF COURSE, if you take the O vs. O worldview, it couldn't possibly be the immigrants that are causing the problems because "oppression".
And your subjective opinion about the BBC is relevant because.....?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Wow. You are ACTUALLY serious.

Do you or do you not know the difference between immigrants and asylum seekers?

Also, are you genuinely arguing that countries just shouldn't allow ANY immigration? You think ALL IMMIGRANTS are nothing but a drain?

Is that an argument you seriously want to make?

You're am embarrassment to my country.
This is the Brexit playbook, foreigners are bad even if they are fleeing persecution.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Well, in a sense the base is the 3 classical laws of human thought. And then you can add all the fallacies to avoid and Agrippa's trilemma.

Then of course you end up in valid and sound as per reasoning as per deduction.

So what is logic to you and when are you going to answer as per the question of logic and refugee's that we have going on?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
This is the Brexit playbook, foreigners are bad even if they are fleeing persecution.
I'm sincerely curious to understand how you think countries should deal with immigrants and then separately with refugees?

For example, should all countries contribute to accepting refugees?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well, in a sense the base is the 3 classical laws of human thought. And then you can add all the fallacies to avoid and Agrippa's trilemma.

Then of course you end up in valid and sound as per reasoning as per deduction.

So if you are running from Syria for example and make it to say France which is secular,you get fed and water why run further.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Whether he lied or not doesn’t mean people were influenced by them,in the beginning he was a remoaner,he jumped on the winning horse,that’s his only achievement.
But you've just said Starmer "absolutely" lies more than Starmer. For starters, ask Johnson's ex-wives. He faced a 90 day ban for repeatedly lying to the Commons over partygate. You missed that I take it?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
So if you are running from Syria for example and make it to say France which is secular,you get fed and water why run further.

Why, well, that is not logic as I understand it. That is you wanting to decide for another human the reasons they have for choosing the UK over France.
If you with only logic can explain that, I will listen but why as such, is not logic. If it is, you have to unpack it.

ratiocinator

Was it ever prosecuted?
They were fined, so I guess it was.

Yes, it is true. You can check it out as an issue below (you have to switch the topic leaving EU option on at the top and switch the rest off). Before 2016, its importance had a big spike to 38% in 2011, before falling back down. It didn't really become a big issue again until after the referendum in 2016.

That’s democracy,a majority wins,if it wasn’t first past the post labour wouldn’t be in the position they are
And they shouldn't be. We'd have a Labour, Lib Dem, Green coalition under PR, which would be a better outcome, and more democratic.

You hit the nail on the head,the poor got zero from being in the EU,the rich of course got richer from cheap labour and priced the poor out of a job.
Obviously didn't read what I said. The poor are worse off now due to Brexit, but the rich are, as always, doing just fine. The Brexiteers who conned the poor into voting for Brexit have done fine. Nigel got his kids German passport, Dyson relocated his firm to Singapore...

ratiocinator

Well you cited them as some sort of authority, and I'm questioning their objectivity :)
I cited them as a news source - there are others about the same subject, if you do a search.

I'm not alone in thinking them reasonably reliable...

22911946.jpg

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Why, well, that is not logic as I understand it. That is you wanting to decide for another human the reasons they have for choosing the UK over France.
If you with only logic can explain that, I will listen but why as such, is not logic. If it is, you have to unpack it.

I actually don’t.