• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Race riots in England

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
They don’t want anything in common,they hate this country,they belong to a medaeval ideology that didn’t work to good in where they came from and then replicated it here or in Europe as a whole and they have a nothing thing in common with us.
I went to a school that was 95% Pakistani

I am not some clueless middle-England lefty

I am confident that a peaceful solution is possible

And it's not as if all English people are committed to modern British democratic values, as those riots have shown.....

It needs to be good people vs bad people, as opposed to people of one group vs people of another

And it will take decades it needs to begin in primary schools

Not as easy as tourching a library but probably a better option

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I went to a school that was 95% Pakistani

I am not some clueless middle-England lefty

I am confident that a peaceful solution is possible

And it's not as if all English people are committed to modern British democratic values, as those riots have shown.....

It needs to be good people vs bad people, as opposed to people of one group vs people of another

And it will take decades it needs to begin in primary schools

Not as easy as touching a library but probably a better option

None of the above will solve the problem of mass immigration or the failure to integrate into our society.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
None of the above will solve the problem of mass immigration or the failure to integrate into our society.
Mass immigration is a superate issue...

I think it would be possible to include all people in a unifying British civic identity, for people of all ethnicities and religions

It's all about citizenship and rights and responsibilities and values

I don't care what a person's religious way of life is so long as they have certain values, such as respect for the rule of law and the King's peace

It would require a conserted effort though but is something constructive to work towards and better than burning down the local library

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
They don’t want anything in common,they hate this country,they belong to a medaeval ideology that didn’t work to good in where they came from and then replicated it here or in Europe as a whole and they have a nothing thing in common with us.
Where have you travelled to in life, to have all this 'enlightened' knowledge?

RestlessSoul

I agree that there’s no excuse for the violence and destruction and hope it ends asap but I doubt it,Starmer if anything made it worse with his speech,he needs to listen and have serious talks in parliament but he won’t.

Who are 'they'? Because it sounds to me like you are describing the racist hooligans terrorising communities and assaulting the police.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Cutting oversees aid, funding warmongers, austerity, Brexit, lack of investment in infrastructure all flames these problems,
I regularly meet with Muslims, our local shop is run by Muslims; where are these Muslims/immigrants that don't integrate?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Cutting oversees aid, funding warmongers, austerity, Brexit, lack of investment in infrastructure all flames these problems,
I regularly meet with Muslims, our local shop is run by Muslims; where are these Muslims/immigrants that don't integrate?

Mostly in the poor northern cities and London,you don’t need to look very hard.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

RestlessSoul

Mostly in the poor northern cities and London,you don’t need to look very hard.

I have lived most of my 63 years in London, and I don't see what you see. But then, the history of London is a history of immigration; migrant communities from all over the world living side by side with the locals, many of whom are descended from immigrants themselves (many of my own family are 2nd and 3rd generation Irish immigrants). For the most part, it works well.

Come and have a proper look round, I'd be happy to show you. I can even take you round parts of Hackney where ultra orthodox Jews live right next door to a large Bangladeshi community, respectfully and with no obvious tensions. A lot of those English people who fear immigrants the most, seem to be those who've never met any.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Bull. I've been spat and attacked for dating a black guy. My children are mixed race, i was beaten to the ground while there was a failed attempt on their lives. One of the reasons we left England it to escape the racist attitude in Britain, which incidentally has increased since Brexit.

Brexit 'major influence' in racism and hate crime rise
I once almost got attacked by some racist yobs in a town centre on I think either a Friday or Saturday night

They thought I was black because I had big curly hair

One of them (possibly their leader) then called off the others saying "leave him alone he's white!"

I dread to think what would have happened had I been black

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I once almost got attacked by some racist yobs in a town centre on I think either a Friday or Saturday night

They thought I was black because I had big curly hair

One of them (possibly their leader) then called off the others saying "leave him alone he's white!"

I dread to think what would have happened had I been black

Lucky, i guess it's frightening even if the attack was called off

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Bull. I've been spat and attacked for dating a black guy. My children are mixed race, i was beaten to the ground while there was a failed attempt on their lives. One of the reasons we left England it to escape the racist attitude in Britain, which incidentally has increased since Brexit.

Brexit 'major influence' in racism and hate crime rise

That is horrifying. I am so sorry for what happened to you and your family.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You know what made me sad about the video? That people were stopping cars and saying a person wasn't white enough or whatever. My biracial daughter, who is half black and half white, is totally an Anglophile and she wouldn't be considered white enough to pass, but her kids, who are 1/4 African American and 3/4 white might - well, two of the four would. It's sad.