• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist memes spread after false claims that immigrants kill and eat pets.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
She so soundly trounced Trump that
he's refusing to ever debate her again.
What a weakling.
Even RFK says Trump lost the debate.
(There goes any chance he had for
a Trump cabinet position eh.)
I read that. He was King Arthur and she was the French and farted in his general direction.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Most people aren't aware of the history from 2016 and the tropes about Mexicans that were put out there by (now President) Trump and the Trump serving media. Which is all of them are even the leftist ones. Someone on the other side of the ocean is not going to instantly dismiss Vance's claim -- who is the current opposition nominee for VP. Its reasonable for Rival to consider it as a proposition. She's not a voter here and merely wants to consider what is being said by a potential leader of the USA.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Failure to provide evidence is a tactic too.
Demand that others find it for you.
If they don't do your homework for you,
then you win.
@Father Heathen -

Indeed, that bad faith can work in both directions. But so could good faith.

Step back and think about making a request for a citation or example. The requestor is assuming a couple of things:

1 - that THEY are somehow the arbiter of what's common knowledge and what's not
2 - that the claim maker is operating in bad faith.

Nah, F that. Critical thinking all the way.
This is orthogonal to critical thinking.

Shadow Wolf

Its reasonable for Rival to consider it as a proposition. She's not a voter here and merely wants to consider what is being said by a potential leader of the USA.
A potential leader known for lying, racism and xenophobia.
2 - that the claim maker is operating in bad faith
The claim maker is acting in bad faith if there is no evidence to support the claim but it gets repeated as truth anyways.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's not about "common knowledge", but rather my knowledge. When presented with new information, I like to ensure that it's credible and sunstantiated before accepting it.
2 - that the claim maker is operating in bad faith.
To be fair you've made some BS claims in the past, hence my skepticism.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Most people aren't aware of the history from 2016 and the tropes about Mexicans that were put out there by (now President) Trump and the Trump serving media. Which is all of them are even the leftist ones. Someone on the other side of the ocean is not going to instantly dismiss Vance's claim -- who is the current opposition nominee for VP. Its reasonable for Rival to consider it as a proposition. She's not a voter here and merely wants to consider what is being said by a potential leader of the USA.
I agree, however....
Are folks here aware that some Southern American groups do in fact practice animal sacrifice per their religious beliefs?
Haitians are Caribbean, not South American as the post being debated states.
This has probably been exaggerated for the news but this is not a right wing myth.
Absolutely exaggeration is taking place and the RW is making it appear to be appalling even though that's not the issue.
Chickens are routinely used for this and it's legal per the Bill of Rights.
Chickens and the protection of the bill of rights to practice one's religion is ADDED commentary to an issue already inflamed.
It's obviously disturbing people though and I'm not sure why some US folks are unaware of these practices. I'm British and it's not news to me.
Why assume this is not known? If the poster knows it, why wouldn't the majority of Americans know it?

See, this post is about South Americans using chickens for religious practice. I don't know about South Americans specifically, but yes, chickens used for religious practices is a fact supported by the US Constitution under proper guidelines.

But the current issue at hand is the misinformation concerning Caribbeans in an OH town stealing and eating their neighbors pets. This additional spin just adds fuel to the fire.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Are folks here aware that some Southern American groups do in fact practice animal sacrifice per their religious beliefs? This has probably been exaggerated for the news but this is not a right wing myth. Chickens are routinely used for this and it's legal per the Bill of Rights. It's obviously disturbing people though and I'm not sure why some US folks are unaware of these practices. I'm British and it's not news to me.
We are not talking about chickens but cats and dogs.
And, by the way, Haiti is Caribbean, not African. This is why your claims are illogical because they do not follow the claims being made but rather introducing these things that aren't a part of it and shifting goal posts to say well, it could be happening. You even shifted continents in an attempt to salvage a lie.

Colt

JD Vance is black?
IMG_2756.jpeg

icehorse

Premium Member
It's not about "common knowledge", but rather my knowledge. When presented with new information, I like to ensure that it's credible and sunstantiated before accepting it.

To be fair you've made some BS claims in the past, hence my skepticism.
Oh, I keep forgetting you ARE the arbiter :rolleyes:

What BS claims have I made?

icehorse

Premium Member
The claim maker is acting in bad faith if there is no evidence to support the claim but it gets repeated as truth anyways.
But what about the predominate case in which there is evidence? Why is it on the claim maker to educate the skeptic?

icehorse

Premium Member
t's not about "common knowledge", but rather my knowledge. When presented with new information, I like to ensure that it's credible and sunstantiated before accepting it.
As a show of good faith I'll give you two names. Both of these people have made very successful careers pretending that racism is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. They've got best selling books that have sold hundreds of thousands of copies and they've gone on speaking tours and on and on:

Ibram X Kendi
Robin DiAngelo

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

The first example seems credible to me so far, I linked to it earlier, but I believe the second example has been debunked.
The person who took the photo is debunking the rumor:

"The photographer said his original intention was to document a weird thing he saw while driving in Columbus, and he was taken by surprise when the internet repurposed his photo for misinformation.

“I don’t remember anybody commenting anything about race, or immigration status or anything else at the time that I posted the picture,” the photographer said. “I hate that picture that I took is being used as a weapon … I kind of hate that I even took the picture.”

He noted that he got in contact with an online image theft protection service to try and issue takedown notices for the unlicensed use of his photo. Alongside users on X reposting the picture, the photographer used a reverse image search to find it next to an AI-generated graphic on InfoWars. The right-wing conspiracy website drew widespread attention when Alex Jones alleged the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was a hoax, and is facing shutdown thanks to its host’s bankruptcy proceedings.

NBC4 WCM
H-TV"

Argentbear

I wouldn't call it an assumption so much as an observation.
An observation would entail something you have first hand knowledge of. You assumed I was "miffed" and unless you are now going to pretend to be a telepath was not an observation.
You assumed I cared in any way that you spent all that time on a pointless task.
The reality is I actually felt sorry for you that you have so little else going on in your life that you were willing to spend your time investigating the race of anyone making comments on this.
and your comment on "the conversation just graduated to a level that you're not comfortable with." seems to be baes on your insistence that I said that that only white people are concerned about this. Again something I never said but you can always quote me and show that I am wrong.