• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist memes spread after false claims that immigrants kill and eat pets.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
This thread is silly

Yes, poor people are more likely to steal than those who are better off

And yes, the idea that people are abducting pet animals to sacrifice on a large scale is silly
What about ever?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Are you serious?

When people can't afford food they may steal it. Why is this news?

I'm getting the sense a lot of people here have not ever been poor.
I have -- very. But I never stole even when shown how to switch tags, etc. and encouraged to by my ilk. Not every poor person steals.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are you serious?

When people can't afford food they may steal it. Why is this news?

I'm getting the sense a lot of people here have not ever been poor.
Perhaps you've never known people who aren't
poor....they steal too. As a landlord, they're the
ones who steal from me.

Argentbear

Lol! In other words you're miffed that somebody actually took the time to look into this instead of just pulling **** out of their *** because that means the conversation just graduated to a level that you're not comfortable with.

I'm okay with that.
Some huge assumptions there, thankfully none of those assumption is the least bit arrogant.

Lol again. You were implying that only white people were concerned about this. I responded to that by saying that I had actually looked into it (obviously you haven't bothered) and that so far at least half of the people making these claims are African American.
and how valid is your research? Millions of posts on dozens of social media platforms but you managed to catalog a representative sampling and come up with your assessment.
And please notice the qualifier: "that I have seen so far".
Which would have been a great disclaimer to put in your original post....but you didn't
I didn't try to present anything as the result of some scientific study.

If somebody's implying that 100% of the people concerned about something are white, all thats really required is to show basically any percentage of non-white people making the same claim.
And no one is saying or implying that 100% of the people concerned about something are white
No? Guess I'll have to watch those again.

But I do know that one man, born in Haiti by the way, is saying that it could be happening.

Again: I didn't post any of the links that I posted as evidence that this is actually going on.
then why did you post them?
All I was trying to show is that you were mistaken in thinking that only white people were concerned about this. And I would say I did that sufficiently.
I never said that only white people are concerned about this or anything.

Kathryn

I was so poor once that I was living in an unairconditioned storage shed in Texas, and pregnant, was sharing a twin bed with my husband and we had not one penny for food. I was so hungry. I remember clearly praying to God for Him to provide our needs, and I found a dollar on the sidewalk and bought some milk, and that evening my husband got hired by a local butcher and we had food again. Good times! But I did not steal anything.

Kathryn

There's mischief in alluding to a generality
by invoking possibility. Example.....
- Texans have raped children.
- Texans have moved to Ohio.
- You're a Texan who moved to Ohio.
- It is possible that....you know.

Anything is possible. Though I wouldn't call me a Texan since I am not from there. Hint: I am a Saints fan, sometimes an Aints fan.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
First off, is it your contention that any information source you disagree with is "RW propaganda" ??

But let's say we accept that you haven't seen it. Are you so sure your sources aren't also biased? IMO, the MSM spends most of its time covering "politically correct" topics, and almost never questions the oligarchs that write their paychecks.
Let's see the examples.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Also, memes? Lmao.

They're not setting global policy. They're internet jokes.

People can and will make racist jokes.

I think some folks are taking the internet a bit too seriously if memes are a bother.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have -- very. But I never stole even when shown how to switch tags, etc. and encouraged to by my ilk. Not every poor person steals.
But if some poor people do steal,
then Trump's claim that immigrants
eat stolen pets is valid.
At it's what I infer from posts here.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anything is possible.
We shouldn't allow Texans north of
the Mason Dixon Line (extended west).
I want a wall !!!!
And make Texas pay for it !!!!
Otherwise those slack jaws under ten gallon
hats will be eating Buckeye beagle brisket.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
They're your claims. The burden of proof is on you. Otherwise I'm just going to dismiss it as nonsense.
It's a subjective call. I think it's common knowledge, you don't. fair enough.

As for "nonsense", more good faith from you I see, sigh.