• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist memes spread after false claims that immigrants kill and eat pets.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Some huge assumptions there, thankfully none of those assumption is the least bit arrogant.

I wouldn't call it an assumption so much as an observation.

and how valid is your research?

For my stated purposes? I would say sufficient.

Unless you think that all the people in the videos are lying.
Millions of posts on dozens of social media platforms but you managed to catalog a representative sampling and come up with your assessment.

You mean my assessment that somebody besides white people are talking about this?

Yup. If you don't think that showing non-white people talking about something doesn't add adequately demonstrate that non-white people are concerned about that something, you're going to have to explain your logic there.
Which would have been a great disclaimer to put in your original post....but you didn't

I probably did. I'm a bit busy at the moment but I go check when I have time.

Unless you want to go and grab that quote for me (which is the polite and ethical thing to do when you accuse somebody of having said or not said something in a debate thread)
And no one is saying or implying that 100% of the people concerned about something are white

Well, glad we got that cleared up.
then why did you post them?

I already explained that. If you really need me to, I'll try to figure out some way to rephrase it for you when I have time.
I never said that only white people are concerned about this or anything.

Okay look: I asked you some questions in my previous post and you didn't answer any of them (which I suppose answers them for you).

We're not going any farther with us until you do. You think that the fact that I actually like to be informed before I offer an opinion means I "don't have a life".

I just call it acting like a grown up, and I'm not going to waste time debating with somebody who doesn't understand that.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Also, memes? Lmao.

They're not setting global policy. They're internet jokes.

People can and will make racist jokes.

I think some folks are taking the internet a bit too seriously if memes are a bother.
It's a bother when members of government and a presidental candidate are propagating them. These people are using this to promote their proposed anti-immigration policies.

Weren't the brits recently whining about riot images on social media?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a bother when members of government and presidental candidate are propagating them.

Weren't the brits recently whining about riot images on social media?
It's because some may have been illegal according to privacy laws afaik.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Good faith? I was willing to examine your claims, but you gave me nothing. Gotta have more than "Trust me, bro."

Sigh, burp, fart.
Again, IMO this is common knowledge.

You don't have to trust me, you just have to get yourself better informed ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Maga logic....
1) Trump claims something without evidence.
2) Rush to defend the claim.
3) State that something related is possible.
4) Because it's possible, it's happening.
(Don't address frequency. Rarity is irrelevant.)
5) Ignore lack of evidence for occurrence.
6) Because it's happening, it must be stopped.
7) Only Trump can stop it

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's because some may have been illegal according to privacy laws afaik.
I had edited my post, albeit after you had replied.

The problem isn't the memes, but that they're being propagaded by Trump and fellow republicans and used to promote him and his proposed anti-immigration policies. It's an attempt at scaremongering. "Vote for Trump or soon your town will be infested with pet killing/eating immigrants!"

Last edited:

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member

The problem isn't the memes, but that they're being propagaded by Trump and fellow republicans and used to promote him and his proposed anti-immegration policies. It's an attempt at scaremongering. "Vote for Trump or soon your town will be infested with pet killing/eating immigrants!"
This is what politicians do, I expect no less from either side. It's up to the voters to be informed, not on anyone to start censoring, for example, anything. It's a low strategy sure, but that's what politics has come to. Voters just need to filter out the crap.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

The problem isn't the memes, but that they're being propagaded by Trump and fellow republicans and used to promote him and his proposed anti-immegration policies. It's an attempt at scaremongering. "Vote for Trump or soon your town will be infested with pet killing/eating immigrants!"
But it's theoretically possible that an immigrant
could move to your town, & could possibly
steal your pet, & could possibly eat it.
Therefore we need a wall that Mexico will pay for.
And we must deport tens of millions of immigrants.
I'd start with Ivanka, who worked here illegally upon
entry.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Again, IMO this is common knowledge.

You don't have to trust me, you just have to get yourself better informed ;)
Cool. Going forward I'm going to use this with each and every claim and assertion I make. No evidence. No sources. Just claim that it's common knowledge and accuse doubters of being uninformed.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Cool. Going forward I'm going to use this with each and every claim and assertion I make. No evidence. No sources. Just claim that it's common knowledge and accuse doubters of being uninformed.
I think RF would be a better place we all did this, in other words, if we assumed good faith.

Yes, sometimes posters make baseless claims. But in my experience, demands for citations are often a distraction tactic.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This is what politicians do, I expect no less from either side. It's up to the voters to be informed, not on anyone to start censoring, for example, anything. It's a low strategy sure, but that's what politics has come to. Voters just need to filter out the crap.
I never advocated for censorship. Just calling it out for what it is, which is bull****.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think RF would be a better place we all did this, in other words, if we assumed good faith.

Yes, sometimes posters make baseless claims. But in my experience, demands for citations are often a distraction tactic.
Failure to provide evidence is a tactic too.
Demand that others find it for you.
If others don't do his homework for him,
then he wins.

Last edited: