• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist memes spread after false claims that immigrants kill and eat pets.

Argentbear

Haitians are poor per the data. They literally live in a failed state. That is a real economic designation.

Poor people steal. Per common sense.
Poor people may steal but that is not a given for anyone. IF you want to go that rout than you need to show that the Immigrants Trump is accusing are actaully stealing, and no evidence to say this is the case.

Saying they make sacrifices is not xenophobic any more than saying Christians celebrate the Eucharist. Its a cultural religious practice they have. How is acknowledging this racism? Unless you think I have a problem with animal sacrifice, which I haven't.

Point out the factual errors here.

Poor people stole to engage in a religious ritual. That's my argument.
and you have zero evidence to back that up

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
That doesn't justify accusing someone of being a thief soley due to being Haitian.
I didn't.

I said it's because poor people are more likely to steal due to being poor. Haitians are poor.

It sounds crappy I suppose but many English people are also poor and we steal.

Poor US citizens steal all the time.

Whoever is making this about race has completely missed the point.

Not sure where the issue is.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wow that's racist.
Do you know the term, "sarchasm"?
And....

Also, "sarchasm" is the chasm between
the person posting the sarcasm,
& the person who doesn't get the joke.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I didn't.

I said it's because poor people are more likely to steal due to being poor. Haitians are poor.

The issue is your apparent support for
Trump's bigoted attack on immigrants.
Either you're unaware your posts look
this way, or you're trying to give him
credibility for his claims by justifying
different broader claims that are
possibly true.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
First you need to get a life. Really

Lol! In other words you're miffed that somebody actually took the time to look into this instead of just pulling **** out of their *** because that means the conversation just graduated to a level that you're not comfortable with.

I'm okay with that.
Second for your survey you would have to be able to collect posting data from either a substantial number of posters and know their ethnicity or you would need sophisticated tracking programs that should identify a valid and randomized sample. I will guess that you don't have either.

Lol again. You were implying that only white people were concerned about this. I responded to that by saying that I had actually looked into it (obviously you haven't bothered) and that so far at least half of the people making these claims are African American.

And please notice the qualifier: "that I have seen so far".

I didn't try to present anything as the result of some scientific study.

If somebody's implying that 100% of the people concerned about something are white, all thats really required is to show basically any percentage of non-white people making the same claim.

Looking at you links

He isn't saying that Hattians or anyone are stealing pets to sacrifice and eat them.

No? Guess I'll have to watch those again.

But I do know that one man, born in Haiti by the way, is saying that it could be happening.

Again: I didn't post any of the links that I posted as evidence that this is actually going on.

All I was trying to show is that you were mistaken in thinking that only white people were concerned about this. And I would say I did that sufficiently.
Among other claims this woman makes is that thousands of black children every year are kidnapped by wealthy white people to be used as sex slave

Links? Or should I just take your word for that?
That the Covid vaccines are being used to inject people with nanotechnology that will build mind control machines in people's brains
and even stranger things.

See my last comment.
the man here is named Richard Jordan. what isn't shown is the city council asking him about his claims. And no he didn't actually witness anyone taking ducks from the park referring to the picture posted and debunked here as evidence.

Again: where are you getting all that from?
and you assumption that i was saying it was just white people is also a racist one.

Lol! You'll have to explain that to me.
The only individual i have said is making the claim that immigrants are abducing peoples pts for sacrifice and to eat is Donald Trump

Falsely claiming that immigrants are taking the pets of American citizens (implied white citizens) to sacrifice and eat is racist
Ok, so where are you getting the "implied white citizens" part from?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
The issue is your apparent support for
Trump's bigoted attack on immigrants.
Either you're unaware your posts look
this way, or you're trying to give him
credibility for his claims by justifying
different broader claims that are
possibly true.
No, my posts look this way to people who don't bother to try understanding them or don't like truths.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
This thread is silly

Yes, poor people are more likely to steal than those who are better off

And yes, the idea that people are abducting pet animals to sacrifice on a large scale is silly

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Wrong. I genuinely haven't seen anything that suggests what you claim. However, I don't consume RW propaganda, either.

Give me some examples.
I'm going to assume good faith here, even though that might be a mistake...

First off, is it your contention that any information source you disagree with is "RW propaganda" ??

But let's say we accept that you haven't seen it. Are you so sure your sources aren't also biased? IMO, the MSM spends most of its time covering "politically correct" topics, and almost never questions the oligarchs that write their paychecks.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I didn't.

Those who politicalized the alleged events made it about race. Just take a look at the memes used in their fearmongering campaign.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, my posts look this way to people who don't bother to try understanding them or don't like truths.
Now you have THE TRUTH, eh. O,h, hells bells.

Everyone has their motivation for posting what they
believe is true / factual. Then when challenged, it's
often walked back with the statement..."Just saying",
as though there's no context.
But this thread has a context, ie, Trump's unsupported
bigoted demonization of immigrants, especially brown
& black folk. Your fervent posts here strongly appear to
support Trump's specious attack on immigrants.