• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Return of Christ

outhouse

Atheistically
It means if a big bird says he is for the Kingdom of God he's lying.

Go ahead and look it up.

Your lost to the meaning here.

I am making a point of you your the one making interpretation errors from contextual ignorance here.

Your last try before I reveal the correct translation in context.

james2ko

There may be errors here. But it is not major enough to really change the original context.

Your right, and wrong.

You really need to look at the credibility of the source here. And most apologist will not, and refuse to learn about the real history and creation of the books themselves. So im not holding my breath waiting for you to catch up.

Attempting to derail another thread are we? The thread pertains to Christ's return not the credibility of the biblical text. If you want to promote your "faith" start your own thread.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Go ahead and look it up.

Your lost to the meaning here.

I am making a point of you your the one making interpretation errors from contextual ignorance here.

Your last try before I reveal the correct translation in context.

OK. What context?

outhouse

Atheistically
Attempting to derail another thread are we? The thread pertains to Christ's return not the credibility of the biblical text. If you want to promote your "faith" start your own thread.

Stop it.

This is in context to the OP.

jesus cannot come back, if the original authors did not have a clue what he said or did.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Come on,

Why is the kingdom of heaven like a mustard seed?

Its a simple easy question.

The kingdom of Heaven is not like a mustard seed. It is like "a mustard seed that a man plants and it becomes the greatest vegetable in the garden where birds land on it's branches". That is the context. Is there other context that you are assuming?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Here is an example of being lost, do you understand the parable of the mustard seed?

WITHOUT looking it up?

:facepalm:

It means do what you're told.
It means to have to trust the "teacher" enough to follow the teacher's instruction.

To learn something from somebody you have to trust them enough to listen and put into practice what they say. Only then will you know if what they teach is true.

However that first spec of trust is one of ignorance. You really have no idea if this person your are trusting should be trusted.

outhouse

Atheistically
:facepalm:

It means do what you're told.
It means to have to trust the "teacher" enough to follow the teacher's instruction.

To learn something from somebody you have to trust them enough to listen and put into practice what they say. Only then will you know if what they teach is true.

However that first spec of trust is one of ignorance. You really have no idea if this person your are trusting should be trusted.

Your missing every aspect of how the ancient people viewed a mustard seed, and its meaning.

This is my point.

Without the cultural context of biblical scripture, your as lost as a first grader in advanced algebra class

outhouse

Atheistically
So no one can explain correctly?

"The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed"

So you cannot explain this parable? yet want to debate the kingdom of god and when its coming???????????????????????

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Your missing every aspect of how the ancient people viewed a mustard seed, and its meaning.

This is my point.

Without the cultural context of biblical scripture, your as lost as a first grader in advanced algebra class

Actually wrong mustard seed...
I was thinking about the passage regarding faith....
Should have looked.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So no one can explain correctly?

"The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed"

So you cannot explain this parable? yet want to debate the kingdom of god and when its coming???????????????????????

I am with you here! John 3:12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

Are you talking about the Buddha connection? OMG I am not sure who came first!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Kingdom of God is almost nonexistant but if you plant it you will know which bird is of it and which bird isn't of it.