• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Dawkins Reads His Hate Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah

Pfft you americans could have them all for nothing if I had the power.
You can pay for their upkeep and priviledged lifestyles...because many of us brits are sick of the parasites.

Down with Royalty!

Pro Republica!

Sorry about that Monta...but I, like many british people, can't stand the royal family and worse the sheeplike fawning of the sychophantic royalists that love them.

With an anti-blasphemy decreed could it not be considered illegal to speak out against rule by divine right?

Primordial Annihilator

Seems to me you are attacking the monarchy's divine right to rule. Or under a system with anti-blasphemy laws that is, quickly, what it could become. Freedom of expression is to important to compromise.

Perhaps its a transatlantic thing but I am not at all on your wavelength.

Are you saying that because I attack the religious implications with regards to the right of rule in the case of our monarchy and the monarchy system of government...which is (when not neutured like ours is) an elitist and essentially authoritarian (very non democratic) mode of government....I cannot attack Dawkins for persecuting religion in general?

Jeremiah

Perhaps its a transatlantic thing but I am not at all on your wavelength.

Are you saying that because I attack the religious implications with regards to the right of rule in the case of our monarchy and the monarchy system of government...which is (when not neutured like ours is) an elitist and essentially authoritarian (very non democratic) mode of government....I cannot attack Dawkins for persecuting religion in general?

I am just pointing out flaws in your notion that "religion should not be attacked".

"I cannot attack Dawkins for persecuting religion in general?"

Freedom of expression is a two way street. And I don't really care what you do; as long as it remains within the bounds of liberty for all.

Primordial Annihilator

I am just pointing out flaws in your notion that "religion should not be attacked".

"I cannot attack Dawkins for persecuting religion in general?"

Freedom of expression is a two way street, and I don't really care what you do; as long as it reminds as words.

Ok I am willing to concede ground there..

I will add to that statement for clarification.

Religion should not be attacked in the manner Dawkins advocates, for the sake of it...as he alludes to in the last comment I listed in the relevant post on this thread.

There...does that help?

gnomon

All I am commenting on is that Dawkins has a Stalinesque view of religion...I am not actually comparing the two men directly.

Is it my tone that you guys find so disagreeable?

Except that Dawkins actually supports the idea of teaching the different world religions in public schools.

Such a Stalinist approach.

gnomon

Hitler and Stalin leaders of non (anti) religious political movements murdered around 33 million people...men women and children...in their 'social' experiments.
Chairman Mao another leader of an atheist political movement killed 50 - 70 million people...

So lets put things in perspective here...lets not forget the evils of the secular whilst we are filing charges...

Godwined.

I don't usually throw that out there but given the length of this thread, the sheer stupidity the thread direction took and now bringing in Hitler, who was not a leader of a "non (anti) religious" political movement......this thread is dead.

Or in other words, nothing anybody states, especially if they took the time and properly critiqued your claims, is going to matter.

It's pointless.

Therefore, back to our regularly scheduled entertainment:
[youtube]q31XdlsC4D4[/youtube]
YouTube - OMG cat cannot unsee the horror

edit: I feel that face the OMG cat makes is the one I routinely make these days reading many of the threads.

Primordial Annihilator

Except that Dawkins actually supports the idea of teaching the different world religions in public schools.

Such a Stalinist approach.

Where does he say that?

How does that change all the other anti religious comments he makes?

LOL Utterly pathetic...

Last edited:

Primordial Annihilator

Godwined.

I don't usually throw that out there but given the length of this thread, the sheer stupidity the thread direction took and now bringing in Hitler, who was not a leader of a "non (anti) religious" political movement......this thread is dead.

Or in other words, nothing anybody states, especially if they took the time and properly critiqued your claims, is going to matter.

It's pointless.

Therefore, back to our regularly scheduled entertainment:
[youtube]q31XdlsC4D4[/youtube]
YouTube - OMG cat cannot unsee the horror

edit: I feel that face the OMG cat makes is the one I routinely make these days reading many of the threads.

Why would I or anyone else care what you think about this thread?

Nothing you have stated is of any worth true...

I am not making Nazi analogies incidently...why would you say that?

I am saying the secular world is not innocent of spilt blood either.

You dont like that for some reason...you maybe feel religion is to blame for everything.

Yes that kind of laughably naive thinking is what I expect..but I will educate you I am sure...in time.

Last edited:

Primordial Annihilator

The thread is not dead...ignore the likes of Gnomon...and his pathetic video of a cat.

I have noticed that on this forum that the theists are rather friendly and polite while the atheists and non religious folk seem (lets throw some labels about) rude offensive childish ignorant hostile and disrespectful...so far...ah well...what goes around. (generalist I know but I am feeling a bit emotional)

Interesting as I am used to the reverse of that on another site....

But thats fine Gnomon...I will treat you as disdainfully as you treat me...and I will enjoy it.

Last edited:

Kerr

Where does he say that?

How does that change all the other anti religion comments he makes?

LOL Utterly pathetic...
Out of curiosity, what do you think should be done about Dawkins? Should there be legal consequenses or would a better option be to argue against him and try and counter his arguments?

If you have answered that before... Sorry, I was lazy and jumped a bit in the thread :p.

Primordial Annihilator

When I read concieted little empty posts like yours I just laugh.

Pontification and baseless personal opinion/assesment mean very little to me.

Last edited:

Primordial Annihilator

Should there be legal consequenses or would a better option be to argue against him and try and counter his arguments?

Bingo Kerr...thats exactly what I think...and shall do if anyone wishes to defend any of his 'assertions' on religion.

Excuse my vitriol, some of these 'guys' are (seem to me anyway) increasingly antagonistic to criticism of Dawkins...I find that odd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.