• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Dawkins Reads His Hate Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primordial Annihilator

Good post. I look forward to more of your well argued elucidating posts.

I cant say the same for yourself.

I think you are rather unable to understand the criticisms of Dawkins I am making.
What is so difficult to understand or believe?

Dawkins attacks religion.

Consistently and repeatedly, insidiously and directly.

He is making a grave mistake...and dishonours the good name of Oxford.

End of.

If you don't see any attacks in his books perhaps you are semi literate, that would explain it.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I cant say the same for yourself.

I think you are rather unable to understand the criticisms of Dawkins I am making.

Tut tut! Sir Richard Dawkins sullies the good name of Oxford!
j-20796.jpg

End of.

If you don't see any attacks in his books perhaps you are semi literate, that would explain it.
Frubals. Good post.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Good post. I look forward to more of your well argued elucidating posts.
More?
Hell, I'd like to see one....

Though he is pretty good in evading.
Haven't seen anyone that well versed in dodging questions in quite some time.

EDIT NOTE:
Ha ha.
I get it.
You was being sarcastic, right?
lol
Totally blew past me.

outhouse

Atheistically

If he was really attacking them you would know it.

religion has attacked science headon at every level and obstructed advancement in humanity since religion began.

I think its long over due, its time to go offensive against religion and give them someting real to cry about.

in my opinion

Primordial Annihilator

If he was really attacking them you would know it.

religion has attacked science headon at every level and obstructed advancement in humanity since religion began.

I think its long over due, its time to go offensive against religion and give them someting real to cry about.

in my opinion

O dear I think the posters in this thread live in some fantasy reality I have never heard of.

Fine...like Burger King...have it your way.

Dawkins does not criticise religion in any of his books ever...and he never said raising children religiously was tantamount to mental abuse...no not he.

There now will that statement conform to your interpretation of reality?

Enjoy..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Primordial Annihilator

More?
Hell, I'd like to see one....

Though he is pretty good in evading.
Haven't seen anyone that well versed in dodging questions in quite some time.

EDIT NOTE:
Ha ha.
I get it.
You was being sarcastic, right?
lol
Totally blew past me.

I look forward to debating with you....evasive?

Despite the fact no one answered my points at all?

LOL you know the word sycophant...?

Last edited:

Primordial Annihilator

Tut tut! Sir Richard Dawkins sullies the good name of Oxford!
j-20796.jpg

Frubals. Good post.

I doubt you would know the difference between a good post or a bad post....but lets not waste time exchanging pleasentries.
PS I look nothing like that....
Oxford does have a good name of academic objective impartiality...well did have.
But then again I am a Cambridge man....screw Oxford....you speak with impunity Professor Dawkins.

Last edited:

Primordial Annihilator

You want to attack religion Outhouse?

Create a thread for us.

Any topic you want...I will be willing to advocate religion...and I will defeat any general argument that calls for an end to religion.

Primordial Annihilator

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Many of us saw religion as harmless nonsense. Beliefs might lack all supporting evidence but, we thought, if people needed a crutch for consolation, where's the harm? September 11th changed all that.

Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.

What has 'theology' ever said that is of the smallest use to anybody? When has 'theology' ever said anything that is demonstrably true and is not obvious? What makes you think that 'theology' is a subject at all?

Raising children in a religious environment is a form of mental abuse

Religion teaches the dangerous nonsense that death is not the end.

My point is not that religion itself is the motivation for wars, murders and terrorist attacks, but that religion is the principal label, and the most dangerous one, by which a "they" as opposed to a "we" can be identified at all.

The enlightenment is under threat. So is reason. So is truth. So is science, especially in the schools of America. I am one of those scientists who feels that it is no longer enough just to get on and do science. We have to devote a significant proportion of our time and resources to defending it from deliberate attack from organized ignorance. We even have to go out on the attack ourselves, for the sake of reason and sanity. Of course, excellent organizations already exist for raising funds and deploying them in service of reason, science and enlightenment values.But the money that these organizations can raise is dwarfed by the huge resources of religious foundations such as the Templeton Foundation, not to mention the tithe-bloated, tax-exempt churches.

All comments made by

Professor Richard Dawkins

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

End of.

Are you seriously criticizing Dawkins merely for attacking religion? If so, whatever has possessed you that you believe merely attacking religion warrants criticism?

Primordial Annihilator

Are you seriously criticizing Dawkins merely for attacking religion? If so, whatever has possessed you that you believe merely attacking religion warrants criticism?

I spent more time trying to convince people that Dawkins does attack religion....let alone deal with what you seem to consider so surprising.

Primordial Annihilator

Religion should not be attacked.

It should be defended against maybe...just like extremist atheist versions of fundamentalist religions such as Nazism or Stalinism has to be defended against sometimes...the price of democracy is eternal vigilance.

All religions vary you cannot simply attack all religion..that is bigotry on a grand scale.

Pre emptive strikes on religion..?

No dawkins..you are a scientist..behave like one...stop generalising and dismissing what you know nothing about.

You will not destroy religion either... you sound like Stalin, he had these great ideas about what is best for mankind too....

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
yes we all know how religion is inoccent and never harmed or murdered anyone. Not the little alter boy that was mollested or the abortion doctor murdered. Religion is inoccent it never commited genocide or wiped out south americans in the name of religion for gold it never burned witches or bothered scientist like galileo. We all know how religion is inoccent and never stops science from educating our young children.

Primordial Annihilator

yes we all know how religion is inoccent and never harmed or murdered anyone. Not the little alter boy that was mollested or the abortion doctor murdered. Religion is inoccent it never commited genocide or wiped out south americans in the name of religion for gold it never burned witches or bothered scientist like galileo. We all know how religion is inoccent and never stops science from educating our young children.

Hitler and Stalin leaders of non (anti) religious political movements murdered around 33 million people...men women and children...in their 'social' experiments.
Chairman Mao another leader of an atheist political movement killed 50 - 70 million people...

So lets put things in perspective here...lets not forget the evils of the secular whilst we are filing charges...

outhouse

Atheistically
im sorry theres no such thing as a atheist political movement

your talking about a political movement that had nothing to do with the lack of religion

Hitler was a devote christian :areyoucra, your statement would be the same as me blaming hitler for killing jews because he was a christian and hated jews for killing jesus.

christian hitler killed jews because they were a minority not because he was a christain.

please do your homework hitler was never a atheist in his life. :facepalm:

Primordial Annihilator

im sorry theres no such thing as a atheist political movement

your talking about a political movement that had nothing to do with the lack of religion

Hitler was a devote christian :areyoucra, your statement would be the same as me blaming hitler for killing jews because he was a christian and hated jews for killing jesus.

christian hitler killed jews because they were a minority not because he was a christain.

please do your homework hitler was never a atheist in his life. :facepalm:

Nazism and Communism are political movements...secular or non religious if not actually atheist like Communism...please try to understand.

Yes Hitler was a devout christian I am sure...LOL (Are you taking medication?)

Nvm...you dont seem to understand anything I have said really.

Frankly rather puzzling your post Outhouse...it reveals your err....to me, a british person, bizarre understanding of Hitler and his motives for killing Jews and other 'categories' of people.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Nvm...you dont seem to understand anything I have said really.

thats because you have a hard time grasping reality here.

Yes Hitler was a devout christian I am sure...LOL (Are you taking medication?)

Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In public, Hitler often praised Christian heritage, German Christian culture, and professed a belief in an Aryan Jesus Christ, a Jesus who fought against the Jews.[318] In his speeches and publications Hitler spoke of his interpretation of Christianity as a central motivation for his antisemitism, stating that "As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.

Adolf Hitler's religious views - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hitler often associated atheism with Germany's communist enemy

Al I ask is you do your homework before making absurd remarks in which your a little lost due to anti atheist propaganda from christian sources

Status
Not open for further replies.