• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romance, the erie evidence of God.

IF_u_knew

Curious
The funniest part is you beleive in Adam and Eve, that we are all the decendents of two white folks who decided to be imbreds and create the world.... what a romantic story.....:clap

The golden rule, those who have the gold make the rules.......

And why, How could a man and a women breed and make the entire human race, from two people? They are white, so if they breed they make white children and their children make white imbred handicapped white children, and so on and so on.....

You really think this is how we all started? White imbreds....?

and why is it that Atheists and Agnostics know more about your own religions than you do????? pfft

Who said that God made it from only two people? Adam represented mankind and Eve (Israel, the People ... not the State) represented Wisdom. Then, you take your journey, and if you pay attention and are absolutely honest with yourself, the patterns are there, even before you were aware of them.

lately, I am growing toward the understanding of the OP in that I know what I know I am only going to frustrate myself to try to prove to others what my own experience has been ... I can't, because it is mine (and that in itself is a way of intimacy w/ the Creator of Life). You can't prove you know more than others ... you only know what you think you know. We are no different, except that I see something more than you do <--- and you can not prove otherwise :). Some stop on their journey to settle on the idea, some pay no attention to the idea they had and just keep trucking, and some of us consider it in our hearts and keep it in mind as we continue. Can we let it go, and if not why? if there is reason, it will manifest itself ... and those we hold on to until reason shows up to let us know the purpose for it remaining with us, and what to do with it.

Let me ask you, O self proclaimed wise one, :) ... can YOU answer any of my questions? What made Eve the "mother of All Living"? And why the name Eve? If you wish to be more than the poster above you, than prove yourself as such. Counting out the conceptual metaphor because you do not accept it as literal does not mean you know any better, it just means you have not applied yourself to understanding it (and this is no problem .. you are not required to). Still, the question is, were YOU there in the garden to know what it is speaking of? It does not even say that Adam and Eve were only two people (though, individuals are not counted out either, but it will be to see the bigger picture), and the most laughable part is that the account does not even say they were white <--- and you say you know more??? ... I am curious where even did you come up with such an idea that they had to be?? That is showing yourself knowledgable of the Scriptures :rolleyes:

Last edited:

IF_u_knew

Curious
and the most laughable part is that the account does not even say they were white <--- and you say you know more??? ... I am curious where even did you come up with such an idea that they had to be?? That is showing yourself knowledgable of the Scriptures :rolleyes:

You are welcome to point it out BTW ... where it says in the account that they would be white. or do you admit that Atheists and Agnostics are not knowledgable of it anymore than are the Theists? I am curious to know one way or another if they in fact do know better than Theists the Scriptures (share ... please).

Midnight Pete

you're saying that you think allowing confirmation bias to determine your beliefs is responsible?

Well, maybe "confirmation bias" is not the right terminology. But it's as close as I could get when I wrote that post. Why do I bother interacting with you when when all I get is scorn?

I think I'll put you back on my Ignore List.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
Who said that God made it from only two people? Adam represented mankind and Eve (Israel, the People ... not the State) represented Wisdom. Then, you take your journey, and if you pay attention and are absolutely honest with yourself, the patterns are there, even before you were aware of them.

lately, I am growing toward the understanding of the OP in that I know what I know I am only going to frustrate myself to try to prove to others what my own experience has been ... I can't, because it is mine (and that in itself is a way of intimacy w/ the Creator of Life). You can't prove you know more than others ... you only know what you think you know. We are no different, except that I see something more than you do <--- and you can not prove otherwise :). Some stop on their journey to settle on the idea, some pay no attention to the idea they had and just keep trucking, and some of us consider it in our hearts and keep it in mind as we continue. Can we let it go, and if not why? if there is reason, it will manifest itself ... and those we hold on to until reason shows up to let us know the purpose for it remaining with us, and what to do with it.

Let me ask you, O self proclaimed wise one, :) ... can YOU answer any of my questions? What made Eve the "mother of All Living"? And why the name Eve? If you wish to be more than the poster above you, than prove yourself as such. Counting out the conceptual metaphor because you do not accept it as literal does not mean you know any better, it just means you have not applied yourself to understanding it (and this is no problem .. you are not required to). Still, the question is, were YOU there in the garden to know what it is speaking of? It does not even say that Adam and Eve were only two people (though, individuals are not counted out either, but it will be to see the bigger picture), and the most laughable part is that the account does not even say they were white <--- and you say you know more??? ... I am curious where even did you come up with such an idea that they had to be?? That is showing yourself knowledgable of the Scriptures :rolleyes:

Your feelings are nothing more than you experiencing them, that is all. And pardon me for saying so, just because YOU accept it as literal doesn't make it so either. Your argueing an opinoin, that is all. There is absolutely no proof what so ever that we came from Adam and Eve, or any interpretation you want to put on it.

I assume Adam and Eve are white more than liekly for Two reasons, 1) they have ALWAYS been depicted as white folks growing up, and in all images I ahve seen of them. 2) How could a Darker skin go to a lighter skin? It seems the dark is the stronger of the pigment. I could be totally wrong on this, but those two things combined leads me to believe if there ever where 2 people to start the populace we started white. Even though it's all bolagne anyways....

So the answer to your question is no I cannot explain where religous astrological allegories came from. That is what they are quite simply. A re-write of previous beliefs for control. How do you know there was a garden? How do you know there was an Adam & Eve? and if you have such undeniable proof, why have you not shared it with the world?

And BTW this is a debate, if you do not agree with my opinoin you do not need to by cynical, just so you know....

Last edited:

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
You are welcome to point it out BTW ... where it says in the account that they would be white. or do you admit that Atheists and Agnostics are not knowledgable of it anymore than are the Theists? I am curious to know one way or another if they in fact do know better than Theists the Scriptures (share ... please).

I am simply going on what they are mostly depicted as, and the fact that I think whiter skin go and does go darker, and it's rarer for darker skin to get lighter......

But the link below will show you how little religous folks really know of their own religion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39392563/ns/us_news/

Well, maybe "confirmation bias" is not the right terminology. But it's as close as I could get when I wrote that post. Why do I bother interacting with you when when all I get is scorn?

I think I'll put you back on my Ignore List.

i admit, i can be a brat when it comes to using functional terms.
but that's not scorn, pete. i dont have any disrespect for you, i'm not aiming to make you upset. i simply want you to be held responsible for the things that you post. i would expect the very same from anyone trying to understand my belief structure.

can you explain to me what it is that you meant, if you didn't mean "confirmation bias", please?

I assume Adam and Eve are white more than liekly for Two reasons, 1) they have ALWAYS been depicted as white folks growing up, and in all images I ahve seen of them. 2) How could a Darker skin go to a lighter skin? It seems the dark is the stronger of the pigment. I could be totally wrong on this, but those two things combined leads me to believe if there ever where 2 people to start the populace we started white.

1) the could have meant not that they were white, but that they were being depicted by racist white people. that's a little more reasonable, wouldn't you think?
2) do you have a source for this?

IF_u_knew

Curious
I am simply going on what they are mostly depicted as, and the fact that I think whiter skin go and does go darker, and it's rarer for darker skin to get lighter......

But the link below will show you how little religous folks really know of their own religion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39392563/ns/us_news/

:) Well, I find it fascinating to read your posts. They are entertaining (in a good way). I am still in the air w/ religion. True, that when you are brought up in it, it leaves little breathing room. As for me, I was blessed by my father to never stop questioning myself (he questions me extensively to this very day) ... so, in that freedom, I do find the room to breathe, and thus, am able to remember (when I feel bound of it) that it is all a matter of perspective, and this has opened up my range of viewing the world. I do not mind it being taught in the schools as long as it is done equally, and not to bind the minds of children, but rather to educate them of the world. Religion has, whether people wish to admit it or not, shaped the world, and to deny this fact is even to deny yourself.

As for white skin going darker, this is due to the sun rather than what you seem to be implying (evolution?). I will never be black. My blood dictates that I be white. I assure you my offspring will never "turn" black, but there is the possibility that down the line one could join themself to another who is black. I understand some enjoy to bake in the sun for their tan (some blister), but still I will never see anyone's ethnicity change as a result of this.

As for Adam and Eve, I do not see them as being ONLY two people and rather allegorical language ... however I do see the pattern laid out in the account being solid. Jeremiah is where I have come to my understanding of it. Less literal, more spiritual. I go into the literal (never on purpose), but when coming out of it, always I have gained more insight into the nature of man as a result. I am not entirely cynical, perhaps even still naive in many ways, but I do become more aware so as to be cautious. I am a woman and not a man, therefore, my emotions have been proved to be the better part of me no matter how I try to reason them away. :eek:

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
:) Well, I find it fascinating to read your posts. They are entertaining (in a good way). I am still in the air w/ religion. True, that when you are brought up in it, it leaves little breathing room. As for me, I was blessed by my father to never stop questioning myself (he questions me extensively to this very day) ... so, in that freedom, I do find the room to breathe, and thus, am able to remember (when I feel bound of it) that it is all a matter of perspective, and this has opened up my range of viewing the world. I do not mind it being taught in the schools as long as it is done equally, and not to bind the minds of children, but rather to educate them of the world. Religion has, whether people wish to admit it or not, shaped the world, and to deny this fact is even to deny yourself.

Religion is to me fascinating and I am trying to understand more, and open minded to everyones views. I am simply having a hard time deciphering reality from allegories and narrow minded superstition. That somehow has stayed alive for so long.....:shrug: Is it myth or real? Is it deception and control or guidence and moral? It could be for many different reasons. Religion I believe has shaped the world more than most. Even if it all turns out to be a fallacy, it defines every aspect of human culture since the dawn of man. I could never deny that, in fact I even support that religion is in the most part the foundation of other big organizations.. i.e. government, schools, and more. It can be found within everything, even if it is not blatently stated so.....

As for white skin going darker, this is due to the sun rather than what you seem to be implying (evolution?). I will never be black. My blood dictates that I be white. I assure you my offspring will never "turn" black, but there is the possibility that down the line one could join themself to another who is black. I understand some enjoy to bake in the sun for their tan (some blister), but still I will never see anyone's ethnicity change as a result of this.

My line of thinking is that we evolved as environments changed. For example if we settled as white people in Africa, maybe due to time and evolution. Our skin could have adapted to the climate. As in getting darker, or you could look at it like this. Your mother an dFather were white, and moved to the sunniest hottest place ever. They became tan and lived there very long before you came along. Your skin came out darker than their natural skin color because it knew to adapt. I have nothing to back this up though so......

As for Adam and Eve, I do not see them as being ONLY two people and rather allegorical language ... however I do see the pattern laid out in the account being solid. Jeremiah is where I have come to my understanding of it. Less literal, more spiritual. I go into the literal (never on purpose), but when coming out of it, always I have gained more insight into the nature of man as a result. I am not entirely cynical, perhaps even still naive in many ways, but I do become more aware so as to be cautious. I am a woman and not a man, therefore, my emotions have been proved to be the better part of me no matter how I try to reason them away. :eek:

I can understand this, and on some levels relate. I am a gay man, so that makes it a little more difficult than I guess a straight man. I don't know this to be true but imagine it so. Especially when it comes to the likings of religion. I am very niave, I have done my share of research, but I have found no matter how muhc research you have done.... it's never enough. I am trying to learn more and understand this, but something tells me as a gay man. It can't be right, it just can't.;)

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
What do you find to be natural and true?
Well first I find being a homsexual is natural and true to beign a good moral person. Any religion that denies this is pure bullocks.

I don't agree with creationism at all. I can't see a being creating the Earth and all the Universe. I think it has to be either more complicated or much simplier than we can ever know.

I am sure there is more that I can't think of while at work....

mickiel

1) the could have meant not that they were white, but that they were being depicted by racist white people. that's a little more reasonable, wouldn't you think?
2) do you have a source for this?

I think Adam and Eve were " Mid-brown" in complextion , from that you can get all other complextions in the human race, not from any other two colors. They were lightskinned Blacks in my view.

Peace.