• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RPGs!!!!!!!!

jewscout

Religious Zionist
this was brought up in another thread...
do we have any Gamers in the house? Not just online but table top too?

I used to play alot of table top games, DnD, Vampire (from White Wolf), Shadowrun, and Paladium (mostly Rifts and Heroes Unlimited).

I played a great character in Rifts who was a Psi-slayer and kicked major butt! Took me like 6 months of planning but i double crossed my entire party and turned completely evil:devil:

Fluffy

A fool
I've never played table top RPGss because there ain't nobody to play them with.

I LOVE CRPGs however although I must say that the more recent ones are leaving a lot to be desired :(.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Mike182 said:
i will stand tall and proud, and i shall declare........ "i am a 'final Fantasy' fan" :dan:
Booya! Final Fantasy rocks! Although I am currentley intrigued with World of Warcraft.......still haven't decided if I'll buy it.

No*s

Captain Obvious
jewscout said:
this was brought up in another thread...
do we have any Gamers in the house? Not just online but table top too?

I used to play alot of table top games, DnD, Vampire (from White Wolf), Shadowrun, and Paladium (mostly Rifts and Heroes Unlimited).

I played a great character in Rifts who was a Psi-slayer and kicked major butt! Took me like 6 months of planning but i double crossed my entire party and turned completely evil:devil:

Me? Game? :rolleyes:

We played DnD, but most of the time, we'd just wing it and do our own thing when we played (though I do recall a rather tragic system we attempted as a "Christian" RPG. Most of us tired of it overnight). We never can get a stable game going, and dangit!, they have a stable one now that I can't attend (curses to the night shift!).

EDIT:

I'm looking for the high bidder for my soul. Oblivion is calling to me, and I need a 360 for it :p.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Thanks for the frubals. Since we're on the subject of Final Fantasy, I will be so bold as to declare FF 7 the best Final Fantasy EVER!

Judgement Day

I love RPGs! I play computer games though: Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, Divine Divinity, Planescape Torment, etc.

nutshell

DnD, Star Frontiers, Marvel Superheroes

Those were the board-based RPG's I played. I'd love to start again sometime.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I have never been a standard RPGer, but I am thoroughly addicted to Diablo II Expansion Pack: Lord of Destruction. The game cost me 75.00 six years ago, and since online play is free, it is the best value I have ever gotten with any purchase. My goal is to hit the highest level (99) in hardcore mode. Hardcore is different, in that you character cannot die and start again, as is so common. So this means months/years of playing to reach that legendary status... all without making a fatal mistake. To make it near impossible, there are many bosses in Hell Mode, that are happy to bestow what is known as "one hit kills".

One of my cherished Amazon's "Bikini_Babe" (ala the old Cramps song) was "slumming" in a easy area of Hell. (Easy for her at least at level 84.) Suddenly her Valkyrie disappeared, a second later, her hierling died. A second later, with blinding speed, she was besieged by about 20 screaming fast lancer attackers. It was game over in about 3 seconds. She was over a year old. Sadly all you can do after that is delete the dead character and start from scratch.

Here namesake, the reborn, Bikini_Babe is now in the same area as her mom had gotten. She is now the hail and hearty level 83 with only 16 more to go. She is tough as nails, but I can never forget that she could be toasted in a heartbeat.

My house rule is, I only allow myself one addiction at a time, and so Diablo II: Lord of Destruction will be my main stay for some time to come yet.

TheTroop.jpg

http://blizzard.com/diablo2exp/

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Mister_T said:
Thanks for the frubals. Since we're on the subject of Final Fantasy, I will be so bold as to declare FF 7 the best Final Fantasy EVER!
you may, i love cloud! amazingly big ....... sword ........ *giggles*

vincent is the best though, and a FF7 movie coming soon as well! :highfive:

i loved the graphics on FF9, amazing for such a console! but the story on FF7 is the best

in the last fight scenes, sephiroth has his own choir! HIS OWN CHOIR! evil guys RULE! ....... muahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Mike182 said:
you may, i love cloud! amazingly big ....... sword ........ *giggles*

vincent is the best though, and a FF7 movie coming soon as well! :highfive:

i loved the graphics on FF9, amazing for such a console! but the story on FF7 is the best

in the last fight scenes, sephiroth has his own choir! HIS OWN CHOIR! evil guys RULE! ....... muahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dude! You haven't seen the movie yet?! It's freakin awesome (I cheated. I watched the Japanese version with sub-titles) I totally agree with you about the story. That's part of why I love it so much. The other part is that FF7 had the best villian ever in videogame history......Sephiroth. And somebody with that title definatley deserved a whole freakin choir dedicated to him. Definatley help set the mood. That dude was EVIL. FF9 was my second favorite on that console. There was a rumor that Squre-Enix might remake FF7 for PS3. That would be awesome!!! :dan:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Mister_T said:
Dude! You haven't seen the movie yet?! It's freakin awesome (I cheated. I watched the Japanese version with sub-titles) I totally agree with you about the story. That's part of why I love it so much. The other part is that FF7 had the best villian ever in videogame history......Sephiroth. And somebody with that title definatley deserved a whole freakin choir dedicated to him. Definatley help set the mood. That dude was EVIL. FF9 was my second favorite on that console. There was a rumor that Squre-Enix might remake FF7 for PS3. That would be awesome!!! :dan:
that's what i've heard too as well as a FPS based off of the character of Vincent Valentine

has anyone seen the movie based on FF7?!?! A buddy of mine got a copy in japanese w/ english sub-titles and it ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jam:

Ody

I play mmorpgs and i play online forum ones...

the mmorpgs i play are
Runescape
EVE online
and....

STAR WARS GALAXIES!

Judgement Day

YmirGF said:
I have never been a standard RPGer, but I am thoroughly addicted to Diablo II Expansion Pack: Lord of Destruction. The game cost me 75.00 six years ago, and since online play is free, it is the best value I have ever gotten with any purchase. My goal is to hit the highest level (99) in hardcore mode. Hardcore is different, in that you character cannot die and start again, as is so common. So this means months/years of playing to reach that legendary status... all without making a fatal mistake. To make it near impossible, there are many bosses in Hell Mode, that are happy to bestow what is known as "one hit kills".

One of my cherished Amazon's "Bikini_Babe" (ala the old Cramps song) was "slumming" in a easy area of Hell. (Easy for her at least at level 84.) Suddenly her Valkyrie disappeared, a second later, her hierling died. A second later, with blinding speed, she was besieged by about 20 screaming fast lancer attackers. It was game over in about 3 seconds. She was over a year old. Sadly all you can do after that is delete the dead character and start from scratch.

Here namesake, the reborn, Bikini_Babe is now in the same area as her mom had gotten. She is now the hail and hearty level 83 with only 16 more to go. She is tough as nails, but I can never forget that she could be toasted in a heartbeat.

My house rule is, I only allow myself one addiction at a time, and so Diablo II: Lord of Destruction will be my main stay for some time to come yet.

http://blizzard.com/diablo2exp/
Do you play online or offline? My guess is online, because it takes forever to get to level 83 playing offline. I usually used to play at the USEast realm. My highest level character was a hammerdine, level 93 if I recall correctly. All of my characters were above level 80. Besides a Hammerdine I had a Zealer, a Foher, a Bowazon, an Ice Sorceress, and lots of mules. It was really quite addicting until I quit playing 2 months ago.

finalfrogo

Mister_T said:
Booya! Final Fantasy rocks! Although I am currentley intrigued with World of Warcraft.......still haven't decided if I'll buy it.
Lol. I want to buy it too, but I'm afraid that the game might be so good I'll never want to stop playing it, and I may never get my work done. :areyoucra

Zephyr

Moved on
I play DnD when I get the chance, but I've only played 2nd edition so far. First I had Ninwocket, the Gnomish bard with a mighty 18 charisma, but only 6 strength :(. Then I had Grall go-Shubat, the Half-Orc with an insane 19 strength, but...4 intellagence. The dice just won't let me take the good. I have to stick with the bad too.

I also play Paranoia, which is seriously the best rpg ever. Friend computer told me so, and friend computer is never wrong. Ever. I just love it when he lets me go after the mutant commie scum. Don't you love helping our friend? :D

Online I play Kingdom Of Loathing and I sometimes play Morrowind on my Xbox.

If it counts, I also enjoy Inquisitor, although that is more of a tabletop strategy game I guess. It's almost like a rpg version of warhammer 40k.

EDIT: BTW, Mike, Cloud is nothing. Sephiroth's got the hair dude, and Alucard (although not FF) tops Cloud by a long shot.

finalfrogo

My ultimate favorite is, of course, CHRONO TRIGGER-- it's an old game, but still the best :D

Some of my other favorites are:

- Tales of Phantasia (another oldie, but still amazing)
- Neverwinter Nights
- Diablo 2
- Fire Emblem
- Tales of Symphonia

I still haven't played ff7! But I don't have a PS1!

Zephyr

Moved on
finalfrogo said:
My ultimate favorite is, of course, CHRONO TRIGGER-- it's an old game, but still the best :D

Some of my other favorites are:

- Tales of Phantasia (another oldie, but still amazing)
- Neverwinter Nights
- Diablo 2
- Fire Emblem
- Tales of Symphonia

I still haven't played ff7! But I don't have a PS1!
How'd I forget about Chrono Trigger? It's great, but I havent played it in like forever. Magus is still one of my favorite RPG characters and Flea is the only tranny character that I have ever seen.

No*s

Captain Obvious
Chrono Trigger. Did any of yall play through several times just to try and find different endings? My favorite was when the crew had turned into reptites (I think that was the name of the lizard folk).