• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salvation

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
A curious thing to me. One, why would a person seek out Christianity in the first place? I find 3 main possibilities.

1. They're born into, being indoctrinated from day one.
  2. They're scared into it, by hellfire teachings.
  3. They're desperate and out of choices.
This is worldy view that discounts the role that God plays in drawing all men to Him

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Your totally correct because in the old testament you received salvation by following the mosianic law right down to the dot, but in the new testament you received salvation from grace. Most Christians don't realize this, but whatever.
You do realize that the was a time before the Mosaic law in Scripture? How were those people saved? Are you espounding dispensationism?

Misty

I believe this but can"t trust my belief...I'm so confused...what is real...am I right...is it all wrong? Sooner or later one has to stop and accept that what they believe in is real or one will go crazy.

I don't feel confused, my unbelief feels right for me, but obviously not for others. In my more whimsical moments I think I could be playing a complex and sophisticated computer game many years into the future. It is so ingenious whilst I am playing it is my reality.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I don't feel confused, my unbelief feels right for me, but obviously not for others. In my more whimsical moments I think I could be playing a complex and sophisticated computer game many years into the future. It is so ingenious whilst I am playing it is my reality.
Sanity may be a simple as finding a stable place. Others like to judge whether that place is cool or not.

Wotan

"Armed with this a believer does battle with the temptations of the flesh which lead all to sin. sometimes the flesh wins. Sometimes the will to do right wins. the best way to know which is predominant is to look for the fruits of either. The observer can determine which wins most of the time in a believer, the flesh or the correct mind.

That we may fail, and sin along the way is not a factor in our salvation, only our walk and closeness to God in this life. It may call into question whether or not God actually accepted us or not (which leads to the favorite occupation of fundamentalists, questioning your neighbor's salvation)."

So if the “observer” can make this determination why can’t the fundie?

This ENTIRE mythology is self-contradictory and foolish.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
As a Christian Universalist, I take issue with the ideas of "salvation by faith", "salvation by character" and "salvation by works" In the case of "salvation by faith and "character" both these methods say that if you have strong faith or good character you are saved and if you don't one is dammed. In the case of "salvation by works" it says that if you do a certain number of works one is saved and if you don't meet that number of works they are damned. God's grace is not merited. One can not earn God's love or grace. It is freely given of God, and has nothing to do with human effort. Salvation is a process over one's life not just a one time event. Throughout our life's journey we become more aligned with God's love, and inclusion and we are reconciled.
A good view that seems to be Biblically aligned. This is why us narrow-minded Biblist say that is salvation is a free gift but one needs to accept it in order for it to happen. Many confuse what happens after salvation as a process of coming to the point os salvation.