• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salvation

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
A total bunny trail but instability in the outer world does not imply instability in one's own inner world.

Oh, so true. Even Luke [21v28] wrote to lift up one's head implying stability in one's own inner world.

But wasn't what Jesus taught at Matthew 24 and Luke 21 referring to instability in the outer world?______
Why else would the good news of God's kingdom [Matt 24v14] have to be proclaimed world wide or on a global scale before the end comes of all badness on earth before Jesus ushers in Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill?

Misty

Oh, so true. Even Luke [21v28] wrote to lift up one's head implying stability in one's own inner world.

But wasn't what Jesus taught at Matthew 24 and Luke 21 referring to instability in the outer world?______
Why else would the good news of God's kingdom [Matt 24v14] have to be proclaimed world wide or on a global scale before the end comes of all badness on earth before Jesus ushers in Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill?

What good news?:facepalm:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What good news?:facepalm:

When we pick up the morning newspaper we read about the bad news of men's kingdoms or governments.
In contrast the good news of God's kingdom, or royal government in the hands of Christ Jesus, is the exact opposite of the morning newspaper.

For example:
Isaiah wrote what paradisaic conditions on earth will mean for us:
Isaiah [9v7] says of the increase of God's government or kingdom and peace there will be no end. Endless peace will come about, and as Isaiah [2v4] says the nations will Not learn war anymore.

Side note: That verse is the one at the Isaiah Wall at the United Nations Plaza

Micah [4vs3,4] not only says No more war on earth, but each of us would have our own fig tree, vine, [meaning food and drink. see also Isaiah 25v6] and no one to make us tremble or be afraid. This will come about as Psalm [46v9] says that God will stop wars from one end of the earth to the other end. How God will accomplish this is by Jesus being 'Commander in chief', so to speak, of angelic armies. -Rev 19 vs11,14,15,
Jesus will carry on 'war in righteousness'. Righteous war meaning no one innocent will be harmed as innocent women and children are harmed today.
Isaiah [11v4] also says how Jesus will accomplish this. Jesus words from his mouth will be so sharp that they will be as sharp as an executioner's sword to get rid of all badness on earth. Revelation [11v18 b] brings to our attention that God will intervene to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.
[Proverbs 2vs21,22; 10v30; Psalm 37vs11,29,38]

So this means we are at the end times of badness on earth, or as Matthew [24v14] says 'and then the end will come'. The end of Satan's influence as Rev [12vs9,12] says 'woe' on earth because of Satan. Don't the majority of people want peace on earth? Isn't it odd that since the majority world wide want peace that we do not have it? We [mankind] do not have the capability to direct our step to bring that about, so we need God to step in to do that for us. Scriptures reassure us that God will do that by having Jesus usher in Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill starting with those that are alive and living on earth at the time of Jesus 'glory' [Matt 25vs31,32]. Those of us living at that time of separation can have the prospect of not only remaining alive on earth but to keep on living on earth right into the start of Jesus 1000-year reign over earth without having to ever die, but can have everlasting life in view as was originally promised to Adam. Jesus also fulfills the promise to Abraham [Gen 12v3;22vs17,18;Rev22v2] that all families of the earth will be blessed and all nations of the earth will be blessed. Blessed with the prospect of living forever right here on a peaceful paradisaic earth.

Misty

When we pick up the morning newspaper we read about the bad news of men's kingdoms or governments.
In contrast the good news of God's kingdom, or royal government in the hands of Christ Jesus, is the exact opposite of the morning newspaper.

For example:
Isaiah [9v7] says of the increase of God's government or kingdom and peace there will be no end. Endless peace will come about, and as Isaiah [2v4] says the nations will Not learn war anymore.

Micah [4vs3,4] not only says No more war on earth, but each of us would have our own fig tree, vine, [meaning food and drink. see also Isaiah 25v6] and no one to make us tremble or be afraid. This will come about as Psalm [46v9] says that God will stop wars from one end of the earth to the other end. How God will accomplish this is by Jesus being 'Commander in chief', so to speak, of angelic armies. -Rev 19 vs11,14,15,
Jesus will carry on 'war in righteousness'. Righteous war meaning no one innocent will be harmed as innocent women and children are harmed today.
Isaiah [11v4] also says how Jesus will accomplish this. Jesus words from his mouth will be so sharp that they will be as sharp as an executioner's sword to get rid of all badness on earth. Revelation [11v18 b] brings to our attention that God will intervene to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.

So this means we are at the end times of badness on earth, or as Matthew [24v14] says 'and then the end will come'. The end of Satan's influence as Rev [12vs9,12] says 'woe' on earth because of Satan. Don't the majority of people want peace on earth? Isn't it odd that since the majority world wide want peace that we do not have it? We [mankind] do not have the capability to direct our step to bring that about, so we need God to step in to do that for us. Scriptures reassure us that God will do that by having Jesus usher in Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill starting with those that are alive and living on earth at the time of Jesus 'glory' [Matt 25vs31,32]. Those of us living at that time of separation can have the prospect of not only remaining alive on earth but to keep on living on earth right into the start of Jesus 1000-year reign over earth without having to ever die, but can have everlasting life in view as was originally promised to Adam. Jesus also fulfills the promise to Abraham [Gen 12v3;22vs17,18;Rev22v2] that all families of the earth will be blessed and all nations of the earth will be blessed. Blessed with the prospect of living forever right here on a peaceful paradisaic earth.

The idea of being in heaven with the biblical god would be very bad news as far as I am concerned,:eek: give me this world any day of the week!

Thief

Rogue Theologian

For example:

This could have a double meaning.

Would you like to start another thread?
Name it as you please and let me know the title.

Further discussion here would confuse present 'nay' sayers.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The idea of being in heaven with the biblical god would be very bad news as far as I am concerned,:eek: give me this world any day of the week!

Misty-

Please go back and re-read my post about what a paradisaic earth would be like.
Did you notice what was written about the future, not in heaven, but on earth?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
This could have a double meaning.
Would you like to start another thread?
Name it as you please and let me know the title.
Further discussion here would confuse present 'nay' sayers.

Agree about double meaning such as that the word 'earth' could have a double or rather another use.
Such as:
Genesis [11v1] where it says the earth continued to be of one language.
Isn't that verse obvious that 'earth' in that context is not talking about the planet itself, but referring to the people, or society of people on it?
-see also Psalm 96v1; 1st Chron 16v30
Whereas Ecc. [1v4 b] is clear about the literal planet earth abiding forever.
see also Psalm 104v5;78v69 b;119v90
Usually doesn't context and setting have a lot to do with meaning?

What would you like a new thread to be titled?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In the UK the death penalty was done away with in the 60s, thank goodness. I am glad I live in the UK rather the the less civilised US, where that matter is concerned!

According to NT Scripture the death penalty is in 'Caesar's' hands.
Christians do not interfere with 'Caesar' unless 'Caesar' tries to force Christians to break God's law or principles.

Have you always lived in the UK?
I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the UK for 2 weeks back in the 70's.
The news reports from America [the Colonies] did sound as if this was a crazy place such as with the attempted assassination of George Wallace.
We were treated with such warm hospitality that I will never forget.
One such hospitable person was the Pub tender John Johnson at the Red Lion.

I was newly acquainted with Bible study at that time.
One person told me about all the historical atrocities committed in the UK in the 'name of religion' . Did that make the Bible wrong, or rather did it make the misuse of Scripture as wrong?

Misty

According to NT Scripture the death penalty is in 'Caesar's' hands.
Christians do not interfere with 'Caesar' unless 'Caesar' tries to force Christians to break God's law or principles.

Have you always lived in the UK?
I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the UK for 2 weeks back in the 70's.
The news reports from America [the Colonies] did sound as if this was a crazy place such as with the attempted assassination of George Wallace.
We were treated with such warm hospitality that I will never forget.
One such hospitable person was the Pub tender John Johnson at the Red Lion.

I was newly acquainted with Bible study at that time.
One person told me about all the historical atrocities committed in the UK in the 'name of religion' . Did that make the Bible wrong, or rather did it make the misuse of Scripture as wrong?

I was born in the Channel Islands (British) off the coast of France and moved to live in the UK when I married my English husband in 1969.

The Bible has been used as an excuse for all sorts of evil over the centuries. I don't think it should be used as a guide to modern living.

Wotan

"One person told me about all the historical atrocities committed in the UK in the 'name of religion' . Did that make the Bible wrong, or rather did it make the misuse of Scripture as wrong?"

No, it makes belief in these myths a handy excuse for it. And we see that every day.

Yet we are told everyday day that belief in this crap makes one a better person, improves humanity, encourages brotherly love, hope, charity, peace, good will, etc. etc. etc. But the bombs keep going off.

How come?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Have you read the Levitical law concerning this?

Yes, do you believe we are under the Constitution of the Mosaic law today?

According to Romans [10v4] Christ is the end of the law.

The law [Rom 3v20] showed the law made sin manifest.
No one could live up to the law except for Jesus.
The law [Hebrews 10v1] was just a shadow [not the reality] of good things to come. The law was temporary until Christ.
Christ's one sacrifice is sufficient that is why Christians do not do that as they did under the law covenant or contract with ancient Israel.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
"One person told me about all the historical atrocities committed in the UK in the 'name of religion' . Did that make the Bible wrong, or rather did it make the misuse of Scripture as wrong?"
No, it makes belief in these myths a handy excuse for it. And we see that every day.
Yet we are told everyday day that belief in this crap makes one a better person, improves humanity, encourages brotherly love, hope, charity, peace, good will, etc. etc. etc. But the bombs keep going off.
How come?

Absolutely can agree belief can be a handy excuse to do one's own thing.
Doesn't applying the Golden Rule make one a better person?
What is there about Jesus Sermon on the Mount that encourages bombs,etc?

How come? It is not a matter of how one loves personally, but how Christ loved us taken to the point of death for another. [John 13vs34,35]
Jesus new law or new commandment upgrades from Leviticus [19v18] to John [13vs34,35], this law of Christ-like love, benefits all countries.
Applying it creates: honest workers, God-fearing law-abiding tax payers, strong family ties, strong moral code, etc.

Disobeying Jesus new commandment is what keeps the bombs going off.
Jesus gave us insight so we would not have to rely on hindsight.

Jesus told us about a time period in history when many would come 'In His Name' but prove false. Combined with other factors or events happening world wide gives us the indication as to when this all comes together.
[Matthew chapters 7 and 24]

Also Jesus gave an illustration of Wheat and Weeds. Genuine wheat-like Christians would grow together with fake weed-like Christians until the harvest time, or the time of separation of Matthew chapters 24,25.

The Bible describes a selfish distorted form of love at 2nd Tim 3vs1-5,13 that would mark these last days of badness on earth before there is divine intervention into mankind's affairs. That is in sharp contrast compared to the Christ-like love defined at 1st Cor 13vs4-6.

Also, how come, is because of false clergy teaching their own agenda, often political. As Acts [20vs29,30] mentions wolf-like clergy, dressed in sheep's clothing, would fleece the flock of God. Instead of listening to the words that came out of Jesus mouth [Matt 26v52; Rev 13v10] as if they are some sort of holy ventriloquist, they have put words in Jesus mouth. In other words, teaching their own agenda by using the pulpit as a recruiting station so parents will think they are worshiping God by sacrificing their sons on the alter of war.
Civilian extermination in the 'holy name of war' is not Christian, but a man-made tradition often fostered by the 'man of the cloth' [2nd Thess 2v4].
He sits himself in the temple of God [God's House of Worship] showing himself as if he is God when in reality he is anti-God.

So religious beliefs are a handy excuse for doing either right or wrong.
But, if one takes one's beliefs and places them next to Jesus beliefs then one can discern if one's belief is really in harmony with what Jesus taught,
or if one has religious teachers using men's traditions so that one can have one's 'ears tickled', so to speak, by having them say what they want to hear instead of listening to what the Bible really teaches.
2nd Tim 4v3; Mark 7v7,13.

Hope the ^above^ is if some help.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I was born in the Channel Islands (British) off the coast of France and moved to live in the UK when I married my English husband in 1969.
The Bible has been used as an excuse for all sorts of evil over the centuries. I don't think it should be used as a guide to modern living.

Is it the Bible, or really is it what they clergy teach that should not be used as a guide? Haven't the clergy class taught many things outside of Scripture as if it was Scripture? If you take the excuses for all sorts of evil and line them up next to Jesus teachings would they be in harmony with what Jesus taught?

If everyone on earth lived by the 'Golden Rule' would you think that should be used as a guide to modern living?_______

Misty

Is it the Bible, or really is it what they clergy teach that should not be used as a guide? Haven't the clergy class taught many things outside of Scripture as if it was Scripture? If you take the excuses for all sorts of evil and line them up next to Jesus teachings would they be in harmony with what Jesus taught?

If everyone on earth lived by the 'Golden Rule' would you think that should be used as a guide to modern living?_______

What is the golden rule?

blackout

Violet.
It's only important to feel/believe you are saved,
if you feel/believe you have some need to be saved
(from or for something?) anyway.

I like this post by Mr. Trout...

As salvation is an imaginary idea one holds about themself or not, then yes, believing you have it makes you have it.

Wotan

"So religious beliefs are a handy excuse for doing either right or wrong.
But, if one takes one's beliefs and places them next to Jesus beliefs then one can discern if one's belief is really in harmony with what Jesus taught,
or if one has religious teachers using men's traditions so that one can have one's 'ears tickled', so to speak, by having them say what they want to hear instead of listening to what the Bible really teaches.

Hope the ^above^ is if some help."

No, not really.
Because "the above" means holding these beliefs makes no real difference at all. Believers still do what they want just have a "divine" excuse for doing it.
So believing this stuff actually does nothing to change behavior.
So what good is it?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
"So religious beliefs are a handy excuse for doing either right or wrong.
Hope the ^above^ is if some help."

No, not really.
Because "the above" means holding these beliefs makes no real difference at all. Believers still do what they want just have a "divine" excuse for doing it.
So believing this stuff actually does nothing to change behavior.
So what good is it?

But are they true or genuine believers?
Please compare who are on the two roads of Matthew chapter seven.
Jesus said 'many' would come in his name but prove false.
'Many' are on the broad road leading to destruction.
'Few' are on the road leading to life. Life without end.

Truly believing and applying the Golden Rule or Jesus updated new commandment [John 13vs34,35] to love as he loved does change behavior.
The 'many' or majority are Christian 'in name only' in that is why their behavior does not change. Jesus said you will recognize his genuine followers by their display of Christ-like love among themselves.

Look at it this way too. If the world was not in the bad shape that it is in today then what Paul wrote about peoples bad behavior and actions would not be as accurate as it is described about these last day of badness on earth at 2nd Timothy 3vs1-5,13.

Holding something, and doing something with what you are holding, can be two different things. Some hold Jesus words in their mouth, but their actions and behavior prove it is not in their mind and heart.
This is why Jesus does the separating work of Matthew 25v32.

If times on earth were not as they are today, then the Bible's description of bad world events and bad behavior would not be as described in Scripture.