• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saving Yourself for Marriage?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
No prior exposure to an STD, no one to compare the current lover to, no bad memories/consequences of a serious relationship gone bad, no need to lie about or try to hide prior experiences.

Shermana

Heretic
Then you either need to get out more or try keeping your eyes open. this is easily in the top ten stupidest comments I've read on this forum.

I get out plenty. Especially in big cities in California and New York. I don't think you've met too many virgins.

But I appreciate you voicing that you consider my experience-based observation to be among the "stupidest" comments. As if your experience somehow trumps mine.

Man, something about a discussion about virgins brings out some serious hostility issues.

Shermana

Heretic
I do wonder what you were talking about.

How do you know she is going to be good at sex if you haven't had sex with her?

A whole lot of things can go wrong (and do) in any aspect of the relationship and sex is no exception to this.

If going back to the car analogy, I certainly need to drive the car a bit before buying it, and a car is infinitely less important than this.

Being "good" at sex, I believe is something you develop and "break into", and something that can be learned and practiced with one partner and not just with many. Just as wrestling can be learned with two people, perhaps with a book for aiding to learn the moves and particular "allowed" techniques of a subset, no instructor really required. It's not a matter of learning experience with other and passing it on to someone else necessarily. Do you think it necessarily is? Do you think its impossible for two virgins to learn how to be wild lovers? Do you think not a single virgin couple has ever developed sexual prowess? Do you think most don't?

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
No prior exposure to an STD, no one to compare the current lover to, no bad memories/consequences of a serious relationship gone bad, no need to lie about or try to hide prior experiences.

That's all part of finding the "perfect" relationship (except for STDs, but that's what condoms are for). The whole idea that you must "save yourself" for somebody until you're married encourages thoughts that you have to stay with that person no matter what afterwards, even if they are abusive or incompatible, in my opinion.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Being "good" at sex, I believe is something you develop and "break into", and something that can be learned and practiced with one partner and not just with many. Just as wrestling can be learned with two people, perhaps with a book for aiding to learn the moves and particular "allowed" techniques of a subset, no instructor really required. It's not a matter of learning experience with other and passing it on to someone else necessarily. Do you think it necessarily is? Do you think its impossible for two virgins to learn how to be wild lovers? Do you think not a single virgin couple has ever developed sexual prowess? Do you think most don't?

I believe one becomes a better fighter by fighting many people. Not just one person.

With all of life's irony, I think sex is just like that too :D

Sure, two virgins can have sex and have babies. They will enjoy it. But I think two people who have had sex with many people each are prone to make themselves happier in the bed.

And again, I honestly prefer my woman to have been gone around and to feel reasonably fulfilled for when she is with me she does not have a mighty high curiosity about how different could it be with other people.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I get out plenty. Especially in big cities in California and New York. I don't think you've met too many virgins.

But I appreciate you voicing that you consider my experience-based observation to be among the "stupidest" comments. As if your experience somehow trumps mine.

Man, something about a discussion about virgins brings out some serious hostility issues.

You're confusing me finding your opinion completely absurd with hostility. If you've reached a conclusion that virgins are more physically attractive than non-virgins it might not be your experience that are deficient so much as your logical reasoning.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I've only learned so much from just one person. Multiple partners have broadened my skills. So, I don't relate to your position.

Shermana

Heretic
I believe one becomes a better fighter by fighting many people. Not just one person.

With all of life's irony, I think sex is just like that too :D

Sure, two virgins can have sex and have babies. They will enjoy it. But I think two people who have had sex with many people each are prone to make themselves happier in the bed.

And again, I honestly prefer my woman to have been gone around and to feel reasonably fulfilled for when she is with me she does not have a mighty high curiosity about how different could it be with other people.

But didn't you yourself say you'd have a limit on the number of acceptable numbers before you, even without (Detected) STDs? A fighter has no such worries fighting unlimited opponents. Unless he is injured.

I myself have considered the factor of the woman being curious about how others have been. But how would you feel if you didn't match up to what she's had before, and you left her longing for what she's once known? It goes both ways.

Shermana

Heretic
You're confusing me finding your opinion completely absurd with hostility. If you've reached a conclusion that virgins are more physically attractive than non-virgins it might not be your experience that are deficient so much as your logical reasoning.

So my logic is deficient because I find virgins more physically attractive (as do many others).

Oh The irony.

Now if you don't think calling my logic deficient because of my personal observations and taste is hostility, you may want to reevaluate yourself.

And while you're at it, look up what 'logic" and "reasoning" means because you obviously have a deficiency in employing those terms in a coherent way.

Seriously, something about the discussion about virgins brings out some nastiness in people for some STRANGE reason. What could that reason be...?

Maybe you're just jealous virgins actually talk to me and let me massage them or something?

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
But didn't you yourself say you'd have a limit on the number of acceptable numbers before you, even without (Detected) STDs? A fighter has no such worries fighting unlimited opponents. Unless he is injured.

I myself have considered the factor of the woman being curious about how others have been. But how would you feel if you didn't match up to what she's had before, and you left her longing for what she's once known? It goes both ways.

I think you might be confusing me with some other me :p

I dont expect my wife to be the sexiest woman on Earth. I expect her to be my life's partner. If I found the one, I am sure she will feel likewise about me.

So I dont need to be the best lover she have had. I want to be her life's partner. That is what would make me happy. :)

Me Myself

Back to my username
So my logic is deficient because I find virgins more physically attractive (as do many others).

I am not following, do you think something physically changes on them after sex?

And dont say himen please, or are you saying that if she had sex but her himen didnt broke you still call her a "virgin"? (i understand different people use the term differently?)

Shermana

Heretic
I am not following, do you think something physically changes on them after sex?

Yes I do, but I am not going to get it into that on this particular thread because I'd have to have a bunch of before and after pictures, otherwise I'd just be stating hearsay and opinion unlike the undeniable observations that wealthier, upper status man by far and large prefer virgins for marriage around the world. I do believe sex with each new person causes women to become less attractive (without makeup that is). Many women I know have agreed. This includes other forms of intercourse as well. But I'm not discussing that in depth here.

And dont say himen please, or are you saying that if she had sex but her himen didnt broke you still call her a "virgin"? (i understand different people use the term differently?)[

The sanctity of the hymen has little to do with it if she hasn't had sex.. It can be broken by a tampon or riding a horse.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Yes I do, but I am not going to get it into that on this particular thread because I'd have to have a bunch of before and after pictures, otherwise I'd just be stating hearsay and opinion unlike the undeniable observations that wealthier, upper status man by far and large prefer virgins for marriage around the world. I do believe sex with each new person causes women to become less attractive (without makeup that is). Many women I know have agreed. This includes other forms of intercourse as well. But I'm not discussing that in depth here.

The sanctity of the hymen has little to do with it if she hasn't had sex.. It can be broken by a tampon or riding a horse.

Okaaaay o_O

I am interested on citings from studies if you know of any? o_O

Titanic

From what I have heard non virgins are better. Women visually deteriorating after sex is very bizarre.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I cannot fathom how is s supposed to happen.

Is our semen poisonous? :D does protection prevents this by making it not touch women? Does lesbian sex "counts? :D does masturbation makes women ugly too?

Which kinds of sex make women more ugly and how on Earth does that happen?

Titanic

And dont say himen please, or are you saying that if she had sex but her himen didnt broke you still call her a "virgin"? (i understand different people use the term differently?)

Not at all for me. I have had sex a few times and the women did not physical change.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
1)Do you think it changes men as well?
2)Do you think married women become less attractive from having sex as well? In your post you say "with each new person". What if they have sex with one person a bunch of times?

Last edited: