• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saving Yourself for Marriage?

Wherenextcolumbus

I don't really take the concept of 'virginity' seriously.
I mean you can masturbate, masturbate someone else, have oral sex, have anal sex if we are talking male and female partners and still be a virgin until the penis is in the vagina??

I mean...whatever!!!

Titanic

I don't really take the concept of 'virginity' seriously.
I mean you can masturbate, masturbate someone else, have oral sex, have anal sex if we are talking male and female partners and still be a virgin until the penis is in the vagina??

I mean...whatever!!!

Virginity is a *$#%ed up thing.

Shermana

Heretic
To continue with your analogy, are you choosing a brand new Corolla, or a Ferrari with only 150 kms on the clock and a small stone chip?

Most Virgins are Ferraris from what I've seen.

Usually only those who already agree believe me on this...but get this....virgins tend to be....more physically attractive (from what I've seen, and without makeup that is).

Me Myself

Back to my username
That's a take on things that isn't often addressed. It's just as valid to approach sex with the attitude of "you're the person I was getting good for" as it is "you're the person I was saving myself for."

In any other field of human endeavour, if you don't practice at all before the big performance, this demonstrates that you don't care about the performance... and by extension, that you don't care about the person/people you're performing for.

Edit: I think the "save yourself for marriage" position is a bit conflicted: on the one hand, they elevate sex to this uber-important position where it's absolutely vital that it only be done under certain circumstances, but on the other hand, they minimize it by implying that it's fine just to "wing it" with no practice at all, and that sexual compatibility shouldn't even be a factor at all in deciding on your lifelong romantic partner.

It remembers me a friend saying about muslim terrorists:

72 virgins? I would prefer 72 sluts so they know what they are doing :D

Shermana

Heretic
Yes. But its still messed up.

No, it's NOT "messed up". It's in it's original, prime, pure state. Fresh out of the box. To be "messed up" or anything like that means to be complicated/compromised/ruined/sullied/broken/etc.

Find another kind of phrase to express your disapproval!

Titanic

No, it's NOT "messed up". It's in it's original, prime, pure state. Fresh out of the box. To be "messed up" or anything like that means to be complicated/compromised/ruined/sullied/broken/etc.

Find another kind of phrase to express your disapproval!

Okay how about I just say I disapprove.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I know, but think about it - wouldn't you feel a little bit, even the slightest bit better if you had a virgin wife? Just the fact she chose you to be the first one to pop her cherry means something, at least to me. She might have been with other guys, but she refused to have sex with them. But now she is letting you have sex with her, that means she shows more affection for you than other guys.

Like I said, if you have sex before marriage, I personally don't see a problem with it, but it is more romantic when marriage before sex.

Not by far, I would prefer her having had sex with others and also with me, so I know she knows what she is getting into and she is not up to have "curiosity" about what she never did.

I still dont think it has to do with affection. For starters she has been waiting so much to have sex that she is likely to dominate you against the bed and in shackles for the first time and leave any "romantic" nonsense for later. She has been masturbating for this moment like for ever! :D

If you find it more romantic then cool. Sure, get yourself a virgin if that is what you want. I as I said, prefer someone who has had sex before enough so to satisfy her general curiosity, and to appreciate the things I put that go beyond the physical satisfaction. ( I can barely dance, I honestly need a woman who knows what she wants and is willing to teach me with patience :p )

I think for one to know the difference between making love and having sex, one needs to have done both. It is very important for me that she can feel that added and way more important plus. To me, that is more romantic.

Ironically, it makes me remember the song "like a virgin" .

Shermana

Heretic
Not by far, I would prefer her having had sex with others and also with me, so I know she knows what she is getting into and she is not up to have "curiosity" about what she never did.

Out of curiosity, do you have a limit on the numbers before you that you'd find acceptable, assuming no (detected) diseases? If so, why?

Me Myself

Back to my username
That works.

So then, you would not prefer a virgin to a non-virgin of relatively equal attractiveness if given the choice I presume?

This is a very hard hypothetical to assume, but if I hd a matical lamp and after asking the genie to meet me up with someone I will love and will love me back and after saying the desired attributes the genie asks me if I prefer virgin or non virgin, I would definetely choose non virgin.

Shermana

Heretic
Well I am into Redheads.

I've given massages to some fine redheaded virgins in my day, with their pretty freckly faces and smooth skin, don't get me started!

And these two I met in Vegas, they HAD to have been Virgins they were so pretty and pure looking, the younger one was a model I believe.

Titanic

I've given massages to some fine redheaded virgins in my day, with their pretty freckly faces and smooth skin, don't get me started!

And these two I met in Vegas, they HAD to have been Virgins they were so pretty and pure looking, the younger one was a model I believe.

Is that really the truth?