• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing That Women Can Go Topless Now Do You Suppose A Lot More Rapes Will Happen?

What the thread title says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Me Myself

Back to my username
What helped me with my journey toward recovery as a survivor was realizing that it wasn't about sex. To sexualize what happened when I was attacked seriously affected my sex life and my sense of security and safety. Also, in peer groups I have worked with and talked with at length discuss freely about the PTSD they continue to have from triggers that are all environmentally created....bare feet....the smell of fabric softener.....back country roads....wine bottles....truck beds.....and on and on and on. Theses triggers evoke the familiar feelings of the survival instinct since there was the acceptance of the possibility that we could have been killed during those moments.

I'm a survivor. I'm not being raped right now. I'm not being left for dead like I was before. What happened to me was not an act of sex. I was targeted to be destroyed. But that is not what sex is, anymore than people who have survived abduction understand that kidnapping is not a joy ride.

rape1
Pronunciation: /reɪp/
Translate rape | into French | into German | into Italian | into Spanish
noun
[mass noun]
1the crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will:

sex
Pronunciation: /sɛks/
Translate sex | into French | into German | into Italian | into Spanish
noun
1 [mass noun] (chiefly with reference to people) sexual activity, including specifically sexual intercourse

Alceste

Vagabond
rape1
Pronunciation: /reɪp/
Translate rape | into French | into German | into Italian | into Spanish
noun
[mass noun]
1the crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will:

sex
Pronunciation: /sɛks/
Translate sex | into French | into German | into Italian | into Spanish
noun
1 [mass noun] (chiefly with reference to people) sexual activity, including specifically sexual intercourse

Jeez, not this again. Step away from the dictionary, MM, before anybody gets hurt. :p

Me Myself

Back to my username
Jeez, not this again. Step away from the dictionary, MM, before anybody gets hurt. :p

:shrug: just correcting the weird notion that rape has nothing to do with sex.

Sex is, to the least, a forced means and in other circumstances the goal of a sadistic or extremely selfish and apathic victimizer.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I believe I have not.

It happens. In fact, it happens a lot. In many cultures around the world, and throughout history, it is/was the wife's duty to succumb to her husband's sexual desire whether she wants to or not, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the most common type of rape overall.

Titanic

It happens. In fact, it happens a lot. In many cultures around the world, and throughout history, it is/was the wife's duty to succumb to her husband's sexual desire whether she wants to or not, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the most common type of rape overall.

It very well could be than.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Thanks for sharing that. I really do not mean to come across as a jerk.

You're welcome. Kilgore made an excellent point or two himself about it.

Me Myself

Back to my username

I dont know, but I wonder how close jail rape would be.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Do you have any evidence that jail rapes are as numerous or nearly as numerous as spousal rapes, or is that just a hunch? I'm curious.

If I did I probably wouldn`t have started with "I dont know" and followed with "I wonderhow close" :D

Statistics of both accounts on a worldwide scale sound very very hard to collect.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If I did I probably wouldn`t have started with "I dont know" and followed with "I wonder if" :D

Statistics of both accounts on a worldwide scale sound very very hard to collect.

Yeah, rapes are notoriously under-reported. But consider that there are numerous times more people in marriages than in jails. Unless you count marriage as a sort of jail, much as my ex wives did.

Titanic

Yeah, rapes are notoriously under-reported. But consider that there are numerous times more people in marriages than in jails. Unless you count marriage as a sort of jail, much as my ex wives did.

Do you have any kids? If this is too personal I understand.

Me Myself

Back to my username

Heh.

Well as I said, it sound`s hard to say. I would expect most marriages to be without rape, then again there could be weird instances when they "rape each other" if they are both drunk and having sex or some other siliness like that.

So I don`t know. I just wondered. I assume (but ignore) rape in jails around the world are very common and percentagewise more common than rape in marriages, which would not know how it would transfer to actual frequency.