• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Setting The Bible Reader Straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is no burden on me to prove anything. I am not the one saying there is no God and coming to a religious forum with no proof for my claims.
Did I ever say that there was no God? Please quote me. You seem to be having problems with the English language.

You also do not understand the burden of proof. A religious forum does not mean that people who belong believe in God. Some will. There is no doubt about that. Some won't. And some will even say that God does not exist.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure you have. You said you do not believe in God. They are your words not mine. Now your trying to change your definition after the fact.
Right. I do not believe in God. I can't help it if you do not understand that. You were the one that tried to redefine what I said. This may be your problem with the Bible too. It appears to be a flaw of yours.

3rdAngel

Right. I do not believe in God. I can't help it if you do not understand that. You were the one that tried to redefine what I said. This may be your problem with the Bible too. It appears to be a flaw of yours.

Yea doubt it. I only posted you saying you do not believe in God. I did not redefine what you said I simply posted what you said. I guess this is the difference between us. I quote what the bible says and do not try to read into it what it does not say. That is why you were shown to be in error in post # 281 and the reason you will not address it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yea doubt it. I only posted you saying you do not believe in God. I did not redefine what you said I simply posted what you said. I guess this is the difference between us. I quote what the bible says and do not try to read into it what it does not say. That is why you were shown to be in error in post # 281 and the reason you will not address it.

I would disagree with you about how you treat the Bible since verses that clearly imply a Flat Earth you try to reinterpret so that in your eyes do not make that claim. You claim context is important but in the case of Matthew you ignore it.

But here is a fact for you. Saying that one does not believe in God is not a statement that one believes that God does not exist. That was your Black and White fallacy.

3rdAngel

Did I ever say that there was no God? Please quote me. You seem to be having problems with the English language.

You also do not understand the burden of proof. A religious forum does not mean that people who belong believe in God. Some will. There is no doubt about that. Some won't. And some will even say that God does not exist.

If you do not believe in God how can you say "Did I ever say that there was no God?" That is simply a fallacy. Seems to me your the one having all the problems not me as you do not even seem to know what you believe or your too tired. Not sure which one :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But let's go to your errors in 281. Here is a quote of yours from it:

"[8], Again, the devil takes him up into an exceeding high mountain, and shows him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;"

Tell me, why did the devil take him to the top of a high mountain? And do you really think that both the devil and Jesus were ignorant of other areas besides Rome?

3rdAngel

I would disagree with you about how you treat the Bible since verses that clearly imply a Flat Earth you try to reinterpret so that in your eyes do not make that claim. You claim context is important but in the case of Matthew you ignore it.

But here is a fact for you. Saying that one does not believe in God is not a statement that one believes that God does not exist. That was your Black and White fallacy.

That is not true and simply your interpretation of the scriptures because you reading into the scriptures that which they do not say. This was shown to you throughout the thread by adding context back into the scriptures you left out. Post # 281 is a good example. Your response is to simply pretend the context does not exist. Which shows why you are in error

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you do not believe in God how can you say "Did I ever say that there was no God?" That is simply a fallacy. Seems to me your the one having all the problems not me as you do not even seem to know what you believe or your too tired. Not sure which one :)
No, it is not. Again you are guilty of a black and white fallacy. Read up on it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is not true and simply your interpretation of the scriptures because you reading into the scriptures that which they do not say. This was shown to you throughout the thread by adding context back into the scriptures you left out. Post # 281 is a good example. Your response is to simply pretend the context does not exist.
It is pretty clear what they say. What you disagree with is what they imply.

EDIT: And the adding nonexistent content is what you did with the "circle of the Earth" verse.

3rdAngel

It is pretty clear what they say. What you disagree with is what they imply.
Sure it is and it is clear what they did not say. That is what post # 281 shows. It looks at your assumptions and they are not in written in the scriptures provided. Your assumptions you have applied in the scriptures are not in the scripture. That is why you have an interpretaion error. God's Word does not lie. Only man does *ROMANS 3:4

3rdAngel

But let's go to your errors in 281. Here is a quote of yours from it:

"[8], Again, the devil takes him up into an exceeding high mountain, and shows him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;"

Tell me, why did the devil take him to the top of a high mountain? And do you really think that both the devil and Jesus were ignorant of other areas besides Rome?

Already addressed in detail in post # 281 linked .

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure it is and it is clear what they did not say. That is what post # 281 shows. It looks at your assumptions and they are not in written in the scriptures provided. Your assumptions you have applied in the scriptures are not in the scripture. That is why you have an interpretaion error. God's Word does not lie. Only man does *ROMANS 3:4
And you refuted yourself by relying on a defensive verse again. It would be dishonest if I openly said "So you believe in Islam". But by your standards you should since they too have defensive verses. That is a self defeating tactic.

3rdAngel

And you refuted yourself by relying on a defensive verse again. It would be dishonest if I openly said "So you believe in Islam". But by your standards you should since they too have defensive verses. That is a self defeating tactic.
What?? I refuted myself by posting scripture evidence and context that show your assumptions are not in the scriptures you used which you simply ignore that prove why you are in error and I refuted myself. Okkkie good luck with that one. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.