• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Setting The Bible Reader Straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How can you say you do not believe in God and say there is God? Does not make any sense to me. :)
And you just made another black and white fallacy. I do not say that there is a God.

The reason that I used the Bigfoot example is that you are hopefully not emotionally invested in that belief. Do you believe in Bigfoot? Please answer.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure I am. All your doing is avoiding addressing post # 281 which shows why your in error. As posted earlier you do not have to if you do not want to :)

I told you before that we have to go over your more basic errors. I did start to discuss those error of yours but it appears that you are dodging again.

You need to remember that just because you cannot defend a belief that does not mean that others cannot either. I want to address problems one at a time and your inability to understand what atheism is appears to be where we have to start.

3rdAngel

And you just made another black and white fallacy. I do not say that there is a God.

The reason that I used the Bigfoot example is that you are hopefully not emotionally invested in that belief. Do you believe in Bigfoot? Please answer.

I see. I do not think you know what your saying at the moment. Pehaps it is time to get some sleep :)

3rdAngel

I told you before that we have to go over your more basic errors. I did start to discuss those error of yours but it appears that you are dodging again.

You need to remember that just because you cannot defend a belief that does not mean that others cannot either. I want to address problems one at a time and your inability to understand what atheism is appears to be where we have to start.

ZZzz Yet here you still are not able to show any errors my side. When you are shown yours you simply ignore them (yes I am talking about post # 281 linked.) Does this not concern you? It should at the very least give you something to think about. All I am hearing from you are empty words and claims you cannot prove :).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What?? I refuted myself by posting scripture evidence and context that show your assumptions are not in the scriptures you used which you simply ignore that prove why you are in error and I refuted myself. Okkkie good luck with that one. o_O
Yes, and once again you demonstrate an inability to reason consistently.

Muslims have the exact same sort of verse and will try to use it in their arguments. Strangely enough you would see that such claims are nonsense when they make them. You sadly cannot see that you are doing the same thing that they are doing. If you reasoned consistently, if defensive verses about the actions of non-believers "proved" your Bible then by the same standards the "prove" the Koran. That is why you refute yourself by making such poor arguments.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
ZZzz Yet here you still are not able to show any errors my side. When you are shown yours you simply ignore them (yes I am talking about post # 281 linked.) Does this not concern you? It should at the very least give you something to think about. All I am hearing from you are empty words and claims you cannot prove :).
Now that is a lie. Just because you do not understand them that does not mean that you have not been shown them. You are once again not reasoning consistently.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I see. I do not think you know what your saying at the moment. Pehaps it is time to get some sleep :)
It might be a good idea. Try to think about your beliefs about Bigfoot. Please do not dodge and evade.

You seem to be having an awful tough time understanding basic concepts.

3rdAngel

Yes, and once again you demonstrate an inability to reason consistently.

Muslims have the exact same sort of verse and will try to use it in their arguments. Strangely enough you would see that such claims are nonsense when they make them. You sadly cannot see that you are doing the same thing that they are doing. If you reasoned consistently, if defensive verses about the actions of non-believers "proved" your Bible then by the same standards the "prove" the Koran. That is why you refute yourself by making such poor arguments.

The scripture evidence and context I was talking about was from post # 281 and the claims you were making that were not in the scriptures. :)

3rdAngel

Now that is a lie. Just because you do not understand them that does not mean that you have not been shown them. You are once again not reasoning consistently.

Really? What lie would that be? That I posted why your claims and assumptions are in error in post # 281 and why you will not address it? The link is here for all to see if I am lying or not. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The scripture evidence and context I was talking about was from post # 281 and the claims you were making that were not in the scriptures. :)

Claims do not have to be in scriptures to be implied by scriptures. You need to be able to understand context to see this. That is why I asked you about Satan taking Jesus up an "exceedingly tall mountain". To what purpose?

3rdAngel

Claims do not have to be in scriptures to be implied by scriptures. You need to be able to understand context to see this. That is why I asked you about Satan taking Jesus up an "exceedingly tall mountain". To what purpose?
Sure they do otherwise if your ignoring scripture context and your reading into the scriptures things they do not say (assumptions) it can lead to a false interpretation of the scriptures. Classic example is your claims and assumptions not being in MATTHEW 4 as shown in post # 281 linked . The purpose of Satan taking JESUS up to a high mountain is addressed in the same linked post. :)

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Really? What lie would that be? That I posted why your claims and assumptions are in error in post # 281 and why you will not address it? The link is here for all to see if I am lying or not.
There you go again. Making claims that you cannot support. I would suggest that you drop the word "assumption". That word puts a huge burden of proof upon you. And I told you that I would address your inability to understand those passages once you cleared up your misunderstanding about the beliefs of atheists. I do want to cover that and I began to a couple of times. But since you ducked and dodged we are back to the atheism question. In case you forgot that was the one where you quoted a dictionary definition that refuted your claims.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure they do otherwise if your ignoring scripture context and your reading into the scriptures things they do not say (assumptions) it can lead to a false interpretation of the scriptures. Classis example is your claims and assumptions not being in MATTHEW 4 as shown in post # 281 linked :)
Nope, no ignorance of context by me. That is a false claim .

3rdAngel

There you go again. Making claims that you cannot support. I would suggest that you drop the word "assumption". That word puts a huge burden of proof upon you. And I told you that I would address your inability to understand those passages once you cleared up your misunderstanding about the beliefs of atheists. I do want to cover that and I began to a couple of times. But since you ducked and dodged we are back to the atheism question. In case you forgot that was the one where you quoted a dictionary definition that refuted your claims.

Not really. My claims are supported with post # 281 linked. This post provides the context and examines your assumptions which are not in the scriptures and shows why you are in error. You are the one dodging and ducking not me. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I did not make any claims about atheism. I simply quoted what you said which was you do not believe in God. What errors did I make?
Yes you did. Your memory appears to be rather short. Ot more likely you still are not able to think rationally when it comes to god beliefs.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The Bible was written by men, but inspired of God. 2 Timothy 3:16: "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right."
I get that. But the poster to whom I responded here insists that the texts are God’s words.

Status
Not open for further replies.