• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex workers?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Anyone can have sex with any of them anytime they choose. They could have sex with each other anytime they choose.

I know you don't. Because capitalism has poisoned your thinking the same way it has poisoned everyone else's. And now you think sexual assault is OK so long as you pay for their cooperation in the crime. Money doesn't make anyone want to have sex with someone. It doesn't buy their willing consent. It just buys their complicity in the sexual assault. But you can't see that.

Humans have always exploited other humans for their own desires, yes. But that never made it OK, and it doesn't make it OK, now.
Then you'll have to say the same thing about masseurs and shoe-shine workers and a whole host of other "personal services." Imagine, asking a barber to shave your beard when you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself! For shame!

PureX

Veteran Member
So exploitation doesn't occur in almost every sphere of life where money is exchanged?
Would that make it OK, then?
Try coming to the UK and risk being exploited by many of those who will be knocking at one's door and promising all sorts of wonders to behold. Not to even mention the workers in industry who are often exploited - especially by those hating those nasty union contrivances.

As a career choice, sex-working is probably very low down on the list, but there are many much worse options.
Our culture has essentially weaponized money now that almost none of us can survive without it. Those who have more of it than they need now have power over the lives and well-being of those who don't have enough. And they are using that power to exploit them for even more wealth for themselves. And yet for some reason, idiots that we are, we are letting them do it. And we are even doing it to each other every chance we get. Because they have somehow convinced us that this is just the way it has to be. That this is how we humans must live: using and abusing and exploiting each other's weaknesses for the money to get what we need to survive. And after that, of course, to get whatever we want.

Is there any point at which we finally say "enough is enough"? Do they even get to buy the right to sexually assault us? And have we been so totally demoralized that we will agree to let them do it?

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Not unless you are sexually assaulting your masseurs and shoe-shine boys. Are you?
Please don't be nasty.

But I would be asking my masseur (I've never actually used one) to use his body to provide a service to my body. I do not attach the special, prurient importance to my privy members that you seem to.

PureX

Veteran Member
Please don't be nasty.

But I would be asking my masseur (I've never actually used one) to use his body to provide a service to my body. I do not attach the special, prurient importance to my privy members that you seem to.
But we both know this is not anything remotely akin to a sexual assault on his body. So you're just trying to blow smoke, here, on the real subject at hand, because you can't actually negate the point I'm making about it.

ChieftheCef

Whenever you're asking is it X to Y ask why Xing to Y is true. If you seem to unravel it, maybe it's not true?
For those im talking about it is their choice. It's a business transaction, if everyone follows the rules both parties leave with what they want. I cannot argue with that.
It's when it is not their choice that i agree with you.
Monkeys **** for money!

ChieftheCef

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Are they being sexually assaulted?
You replied to my question with a question that indicates we are using a different 'definition of terms. Some believe the 'Generatve Faculty' (sex) exists for the purpose of procreation....Sex for any other purpose violates nature and is immoral....Western modern culture is more 'Secular and rejects this view.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Some believe the 'Generatve Faculty' (sex) exists for the purpose of procreation....Sex for any other purpose violates nature and is immoral..
That's not the reason why people oppose sex work. It's a dignity issue, and a recognition that sex is more than a physical exchange (why all this nonsense comparing letting a stranger shove their penis inside you for money to a 9-5 job is totally ridiculous). Work is supposed to be dignifying and uplift the human spirit, not exploit or debase it.

Western modern culture is more 'Secular and rejects this view.
Modern Western (anti-)culture is increasingly degenerate and is imploding. The youth are starting to turn against this because it's so negatively affected their generation. The sexual revolution has been a failure, leaving broken homes and the inability of men and women to create lasting relationships with each other in its wake.

PureX

Veteran Member
You replied to my question with a question that indicates we are using a different 'definition of terms. Some believe the 'Generatve Faculty' (sex) exists for the purpose of procreation....Sex for any other purpose violates nature and is immoral....Western modern culture is more 'Secular and rejects this view.
People keep trying to change the job descriptions to make one "job" look like any other. But no other job involves being sexually assaulted for money. So I keep having to bring them back to the actual subject at hand.

an anarchist

Your local loco.
That's not the reason why people oppose sex work. It's a dignity issue, and a recognition that sex is more than a physical exchange (why all this nonsense comparing letting a stranger shove their penis inside you for money to a 9-5 job is totally ridiculous). Work is supposed to be dignifying and uplift the human spirit, not exploit or debase it.
So because of your opinion that sex work is degrading(?), you oppose sex work for all? What if a sex worker actually enjoys their job and doesn’t find themselves to be degraded? Should the government step in and restrict the individual’s liberty to pursue the job they want when the individual would be willing?

I find restaurant work to be degrading. I’ve scraped up literal crap and vomit off of the floor many times for minimum wage. I’ve hurt my back long term because of restaurant work. I’ve been degraded in the industry. Sure, we’d like jobs to be dignifying and uplifting, but are you suggesting we enforce that? Because that’d be impossible and would require a shakeup in every career, not just a focus on sex work.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
People keep trying to change the job descriptions to make one "job" look like any other. But no other job involves being sexually assaulted for money. So I keep having to bring them back to the actual subject at hand.

The subject is not being sexually assaulted but sex workers.

an anarchist

Your local loco.
Being paid to be sexually assaulted. Yes, I know what the subject is.
Are you going with the “capitalism is slavery” logic and extrapolating it to this topic? I am trying to understand because I am confused. People are saying as long as both parties CONSENT then it’s ok. Then you say “nah, it’s SA”.

???????

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
So because of your opinion that sex work is degrading(?), you oppose sex work for all? What if a sex worker actually enjoys their job and doesn’t find themselves to be degraded? Should the government step in and restrict the individual’s liberty to pursue the job they want when the individual would be willing?

I find restaurant work to be degrading. I’ve scraped up literal crap and vomit off of the floor many times for minimum wage. I’ve hurt my back long term because of restaurant work. I’ve been degraded in the industry. Sure, we’d like jobs to be dignifying and uplifting, but are you suggesting we enforce that? Because that’d be impossible and would require a shakeup in every career, not just a focus on sex work.
It's a human rights issue. I do not see where anyone has the right to rent someone's body for their own sexual pleasure. And people's enjoyment of something is irrelevant as to whether it's ethnical or something society should back. Whatever you can think of, someone enjoys it even it's a very small number of people. I posted out the limits of the consent argument and how it's flawed in another post in this thread.

As bad as you may think you had it as a dishwater because it's tedious menial work, it's not the same as having to spread your legs for strangers. I hate these discussions because I always feel like I have to explain elementary things to people who should know better. If you can't see why sex is different from dish washing, that's just shocking, sad and I despair even more for the future of society. That something so powerful and personal that affects us in all levels can just boiled down to a commodity and a financial transaction is extremely dehumanizing.